Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

NPDPA (Isophenidine) - almost identical to MXE

Feretile

Bluelighter
I've tried diphenidine, ephenidine & isophenidine. I haven't tried methoxyphenidine because it's toxicity concerns me. I've had K on 6 or 7 occasions, 3-MeO PCP & MXE several times. Enough to really understand that each of them is slightly different. Of them, MXE, K & NPDPA stand out for different reasons.

The first pseudo hallucinogen I tried was K back in about 96 and that was pretty amazing. It hits hard and is bizarre to say the least. I was gifted a g of MXE and it relit my love of the class. It was more potent, more euphoric but it tailed off faster than K so you could really get grounded before making a decision of if another line was appropriate. You need about 125mg for a decent hit. Of course, our material was 100% pure - I presume MXE is usually pure but I do not know if K is cut. I trust it less, anyway.

NPDPA was a bit different. For a start, unlike diphenidine, it was a clean white powder that was easy to snort. The come-up has more of a euphoric rush. Before things get odd, it almost feels like you have had a line of coke. BUT then it gets odd. Almost no visual disturbances, more an an enhancement. Mentally it was also a little bit more joined up. I touched the tips of my fingers against the tips of my wife's fingers and afterwards we talked and in that moment, neither of us knew where our own body ended and the other person's body began.

The comedown was at about 45 minutes and their were no side-effects physical or mental. Maybe the only thing was that neither of us wanted to eat.

It's more sensual than other RCs in the class. Rather than it totally replacing one universe with another, it allowed the real world & the K-world (or whatever you term it) to be blended together. We certainly REMEMBERED a lot more than we did with the others. Since people can still operate on some level, I can imagine it being fun at a house party and it's easy on the nose and on the rest of the body so I can well imagine people doing a line every 45 minutes until it's all gone. That said, we didn't fiend for it.

Unlike K & MXE, NPDPA is not a ligand for the sigma receptors or the opiate receptors. It's less complex BUT it does almost allow one part of your mind to watch as reality & unreality mix. We did do in the last 300mg in 1 line each (175mg) and THEN it's like MXE. totally, totally alien. Unexplainable....

But I liked the fact that the lower potency and more friendly dose/response curve means that you can judge the effects you are going to get. I've only had full on K-hole levels of K & MXE.

A shame that diphenidine was the one that all the RC vendors bought. I know why - the law made all RCs with scaffolds like PCP (K, MXE, tiletamine and so on were all covered) illegal and they wanted ANYTHING. The people making it sold a tonne of the stuff... so by the time nicer versions were found, nobody was interested (since apparently diphenidine was very cheap and the dealers sold a lot of it.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_isophenidine
substancecode_phenidines
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great!

I'd like to hear what you think about this one, Xorkoth - i adore MXE too, and damn do i miss that stuff!

I am amazed that there is a diarylethylamine comparable to an arylcyclohexylamine in the way you describe. Having tried the other 3 well known ones, and a very large amount of arylcyclohexylamines, while I have enjoyed the former class and I think they have some unique subtleties in their own right, I think their dissociative effects are qualitatively quite different to that of any of the arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives I've tried, with the latter class being generally superior in almost every case.

I have always had mixed feelings about MXE itself, but I'd still choose it over either diphenidine, methoxphenidine or ephenidine almost every time, so this is very interesting, I hope I get to try it one day.

I am amazed that there is a diarylethylamine comparable to an arylcyclohexylamine in the way you describe. Having tried the other 3 well known ones, and a very large amount of arylcyclohexylamines, while I have enjoyed the former class and I think they have some unique subtleties in their own right, I think their dissociative effects are qualitatively quite different to that of any of the arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives I've tried, with the latter class being generally superior in almost every case.

I have always had mixed feelings about MXE itself, but I'd still choose it over either diphenidine, methoxphenidine or ephenidine almost every time, so this is very interesting, I hope I get to try it one day.

I would agree with you. It's the fact that isophenidine is a much more potent DRI than the other members of the class. If you ever tried pyrophenidine.... well, isophenidine is like that, but with NMDA activity (if that makes sense).

Fascinating, I've always wanted to try this one.
By Pyrophenidine do you mean A-D2PV?