Novelty Music | Rare/Weird/Unique Tracks From The Past - Present - and The Future

Sure, lots of stuff on Youtube - just search 'cause he has quite a bit out there.

Dunno what's going on with me. But you know that way when a song pops into your head and you cannot get it out of there? Happened this morning. Whole day.

Here's the rub: the album was released in 1973! I was fucking 8 years old! And going to the ice rink with my little girlfriend (and that lasted no less than five years) (get your minds out of the gutter i.e. I may have started young but I knew how to behave). There were always two songs they played (always) during the speed skating sessions. Kiss' "Detroit Rock City" was the one. And the below was the other i.e. "Reservation of Education" by the band XIT.

I'm posting it on this thread because it's not exactly mainstream. It seems to fit in the "rare" and "unique" categories for me anyway.

I wonder just how well known it was over there back in the day. And wonder how many knew that you actually had a Native American rock band back then (I would have called them American Indian but apparently that's no longer acceptable)?

Somehow, surprisingly, it made it to our shores (the album "Silent Warrior"). I remember my cousin had it on LP at the time.

It was released on the Motown label (only found that out today after searching). And after all of these years and listening to it: I could be wrong but because of the lyrics and back in that era it probably went down like the Titanic i.e. I stand corrected but cannot see as it would have made it to the charts!

Looks like it was actually used in the soundtrack of a movie called "Thunderheart" (1992) (and hence it actually having a music video). Only found that out today too and which pleased me (hoping that the group continued to get compensated for their music as opposed to being ripped off blind as, especially back then, was the norm).

Sad part: it feels like it was this afternoon like as in for real.

Anyway. There's my trip down memory lane and my melancholy musing for the next century! Thanks for indulging me!