• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Notice a difference after taking omega-3 fish oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
flaxseed has much fewer benefits than fish oil

my preferred oils:
fish
coconut
olive
flax
hemp

cook with coconut, supplement fish oil capsules, eat olive oil uncooked with bread and cheese (a lot lol!), eat flax and hemp in smoothies

my roommates make fun of me for how many weird oils I have around (what can I say I love eating lots of yummy healthy fats!)

cook with coconut, supplement fish oil capsules, eat olive oil uncooked with bread and cheese (a lot lol!), eat flax and hemp in smoothies

I've been sticking to the olive oil for cooking, i'm afraid coconut will give a lot of the dishes I make have a weird taste. But good call on the dipping, anyway. Sourdough dipped in herbed olive oil is one of my favorites.

hey man you should try the coconut oil for things you wouldn't think of...its suprisingly good. I do everything in coconut oil now even things like pork chops or whatever...anything in a pan gets coconut oiled hehe

I thought maybe it's made using off cuts that may otherwise be wasted?

I reckon if you look into the fish oil industry you would uncover things that would turn you off it.

In terms of how they're getting all this actual fish oil?

I'll look into it, maybe I'm wrong and it comes from a perfectly viable source.

well as far as health is concerned, if they are using the scrap fish parts, then its more than imperative to find a pharm distilled kind, since that process will leave out heavy metals found in the fish scraps.

You don't want to be eating a bunch of heavy metal do you?

kiss_75_004_lg.jpg

^^lulz

Much of the nervous system and brain are actually built from omega-3 fatty acids. The specific part is called the Myelin Sheath. This is a layer of fat that insulates the neuron axon and aids in faster transmission of electrical signals. If you don't eat omega-3s, the body has no way of building this Myelin.

When I notice a difference is if I don't take fish oil for a couple days. I start to feel cloudy and not as sharp as usual.

well as far as health is concerned, if they are using the scrap fish parts, then its more than imperative to find a pharm distilled kind, since that process will leave out heavy metals found in the fish scraps.

You don't want to be eating a bunch of heavy metal do you?
Which fish would you say have the lowest concentration of heavy metals and other toxins? I'm guessing the younger ones as they just dont have enough time to really build up high levels. Am I way off here?

The bigger the fish the more metals/toxins the fish has.

When the body has Mercury, Lead, Nickel or any other metal it has no way of expelling the metal from your body.
It just doesn't know how to deal with these metals so they just stay in the body and build up.

So the bigger the fish the longer it's been living the more metals and toxins it will have collected.

Last edited:
Which fish would you say have the lowest concentration of heavy metals and other toxins? I'm guessing the younger ones as they just dont have enough time to really build up high levels. Am I way off here?

I read the healthiest fish are not the white fish, unfortunately. :(
I love talapia, swordfish, and cod. I don't like salmon which I read is more healthy. I love tuna even more. I wish I could cook without completely fucking it all up.

I love how fish makes you feel really full. It's the only flesh I eat, so maybe that's why. A meal of tuna or salmon will leave my tummy feeling so satiated...

thats funny cause I dislike how light fish is...I'm always hungry like an hour after eating a bunch of fish :)

but then again I eat beef, pork, eggs, cheese, and other dense proteins :)

My father was told to stop consuming Salmon oil because it wasn't being properly digested in his stomach. Apparently this is relatively common. Having said that, most of the time it's beneficial - but probably not noticably so. I have a couple of pills of Salmon oil with breakfast every now and then. It isn't very expensive and (unless you have the aforementioned digestion problem) it's not going to do you any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.