• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

notes on the mechanism and efficiency of snorting

clop

Bluelighter
Hiya bontempi panda cola ringpull selectah
Today I've been thinking about what exactly happens inside your nose when you snort a line of say, cocaine. I'd appreciate any comments on the following points
1. what is the area of the mucous membranes in your nose?
2. how much of the cocaine you snort is actually absorbed?
3. how long does it take for it to be absorbed and leave the membrane clean again?
4. what happens to the stuff that isn't absorbed?
5. is it possible to snort too much and saturate your mucous membranes and waste the extra?
6. if your nose is all stuffy it is surely full of mucous, so does most of the cocaine dissolve into the mucous and just run out of your nose, again wasted?
7. if your front teeth go numb is the cocaine acting by contact with your nasal passges and the underlying nerves, or is it acting from the (high cocaine concentration) blood which flows around that area?
8. are our nasal passages from each nostril completely separate or do they join together into a big cavern at the top somewhere? ie you can hit the same area through either nostril?
Thanx for your time
clop

Hmm..interesting question don't know the answer to most of these off the top of my head (though I have seen the figure for snorted coke absorbtion).
However the front teeth thing very well may be by direct action of the high. I know shooting coke caused my mouth to go completly numb. Does your tongue go numb too or just your teeth?

just from my own observations:
i think that each noistril hits/leads to the same area. ive snorted before and then a while later had some of it drip down the other noistril. too much snorting can actually totally deteriorate that bridge at the top of the nose which is when you start to get regular nose bleeds.
depending on your snorting method (or how blocked your nose may be) you will not always absorb all the drugs ie. some may be wasted. the best way to minimise waistage is to keep sniffing and make sure it is all up there before it goes dry... like once youve had your line take a nice big break of air (but through your nose) and tilt your head back a bit or what some people do is snort a bit of water to make sure it all goes down. whatever works, :D !!!!
i asked this *experienced* drug user once what happens if all the drug you snort does not go up your nose or if you swallow it not all of it goes down but some stays on your tongue or something. he told me that if it does not go down usually your body will absorb it but i don't know how true this is, i doubt it

Can't you just snort it & enjoy the high? Damn if I though about all that shit every time I banged a line I'd ruin my high. Thanks captin bringdown...

hedonism where hedonism is due NoriegA xxxx
I'm obsessed with nature and the way things work.. surely there is a medical boffin on here that can shed light on my many questions?
clop

4. what happens to the stuff that isn't absorbed?
chances are u just swallow it or it falls out of your nose. if u swallow it, the small quantity is most probably completely waisted...
5. is it possible to snort too much and saturate your mucous membranes and waste the extra?
not too sure, but unless u really damage yuor nose, i would bet saturation is unlikely
6. if your nose is all stuffy it is surely full of mucous, so does most of the cocaine dissolve into the mucous and just run out of your nose, again wasted?
yep. that or swallowed...
7. if your front teeth go numb is the cocaine acting by contact with your nasal passges and the underlying nerves, or is it acting from the (high cocaine concentration) blood which flows around that area?
-its acting from the local blockage of the nerves and not from circulated cocaine.
8. are our nasal passages from each nostril completely separate or do they join together into a big cavern at the top somewhere? ie you can hit the same area through either nostril?
they are for the most part completely seperate. made of various bones and some cartilage covered by a highly vascular membrane, where the absorbtion takes place...

Nah I've snorted loads of times with a blocked nose and you still get high.

Can't you just snort it & enjoy the high? Damn if I though about all that shit every time I banged a line I'd ruin my high. Thanks captin bringdown...
Not everyone likes wasting money on an expensive drug that yields a high that doesn’t last as long as it should. Everyone in here is “trying to enjoy the high”. Enjoy banging rocks