• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Not working like it used to?

trebo126

Greenlighter
Hey guys/girls
I rarely post here but I’ve been lurking here periodically for awhile. I’ll try to keep this as short as possible.

So I’ve been dealing with chronic back pain for 10 years or so. I’ve had 3 back surgeries, and I’m only 30. I have had absolutely no luck with pain management. They would always tell me they could not give me any opiates because I was too young and I was gonna od and shit, while validating my pain and telling me “I just saw your mri… must be painful” btw I also got diagnosed with IGA nephrology, which is a progressive kidney disease. The reason why that is relevant is because they would usually prescribe nsaids for back pain, but I couldn’t take any anti inflammatory drugs because my kidneys.

I’ve been taking Kratom now for 3 or 4 years. I used to take 8 grams every 4-6 hours but I cut it back to 6 grams every 4 hours cause I was getting nauseous. It was working and keeping my pain at bay, but recently it’s stopped working. Is it a tolerance issue, or is my pain getting worse? I also have like 60 oxy saved up for emergencies. My primary doc gives me 12 oxy every 3 weeks, which I was over the fucking moon cause nobody would help me. She’s pretty chill but I’m always hesitant to ask for an increase in quantity or stronger ones because I’m scared she’ll cut me off like 99% of other docs will do.

So and Kratom experts out there, I would really appreciate it if you can chime in. I’ve been using the same place for like 2 years, and the quality has always been top notch. I used to have a pretty heavy oxy habit as well until I started taking Kratom regularly. Anyways, thanks in advance for your responses.

I’ve been taking Kratom now for 3 or 4 years.
If it has been effective for that long at the same dose I doubt that tolerance would be the issue but very well may be. Have you tried upping the dose a gram? Not promoting abuse but your case is different, imo.
Sorry to hear that you are having so many troubles at your age. Sadly I can relate.
What if you take a break for a few days fro kratom and take the least amount of oxy to stave off the major irritations/pains/aches...?
I’ve been using the same place for like 2 years, and the quality has always been top notch.
Same here always the same vendor and always the fire kratom.
However... the last batch has been lacking and not consistent with what I am used to.
Guess what I am saying is that all good things must end (even if it is only temporary). The kratom you are taking now; is it a freshly opened bag or whatever it comes in? Or the same batch you have been dosing and it all of a sudden stopped "working"?
Thanks

Usually when I would up the dose it would be 2 grams from 6 to 8. I just buy 2 kilos at a time, every few months. I get the capsules and shovel either 12, or 16 down my throat because I couldn’t do the horrific tasting powder anymore.

The Kratom was actually working better than the oxy for the pain, and it was lasting like 2 hours longer. I still have back pain daily, but the third surgery I had was able to get me to a point where I could have an okay quality of life.
If I didn’t take any Kratom, or oxy my back would start to really bother me. I always have to be on some sort of drug to control the pain. Idk, maybe I’m desensitized and have a low pain tolerance now from taking over 300mg a day from oxy years ago.

Also, is it against the rules to ask what vendor you buy your Kratom from?
Thanks for the response