• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Not sure what i'm getting out of this, if anything... (minimal effect)

Sid-Viscous

Greenlighter
Ive been using about 5 weeks, maybe half the week each time. I have never bought more than a half g (.5g), mind you.

I have been reading some stuff over the last couple weeks just about what to expect and experiences, etc. and I feel like all user reports are nothing like my experience. I mean whatsoever; I have yet to read anything and nodded my head in agreement. My heart never races, I dont get hot/sweaty, my eyes arent bugged, I do get horny but never to the point of wanting to have sex, I dont feel anymore outgoing (or at least not overwhelmingly so) than usual or productive.

I'd say all the effects are very much in hindsight: like the week went by easily without being fully present although I can remember events and convos etc. Sometimes ii'll see on these forums people talking incoherently or just not acting themselves. I never have that effect. Maybe the first time I ever bought it about 5 weeks ago, the effects were stronger but only slightly so (as in I felt more mentally high) because I was really chatty and would go back and shake my head at somethings I wrote on social media for example but nothing major.

Ive been able to maintain an appetite and sleep is possible although it can be tough if I have a deadline, or more like bedtime and I only sleep a couple of hours anyway. Sometimes I'll even almost doze off when iits getting very late or many hours without sleep. I CAN stay up but I actually do get too tired after like, 24h.

I guess you'd ask why I keep it up if I don't feel anything, well time DEFINITELY moves faster and i'm a truck driver. I'd be lying if it didnt make the night fly by when i'm driving. So I must be intoxicated but its never in the way sooo many other users describe. What gives? Ii spend days home alone on it too, doing my own thing. I am starting to find II get bored because it doesnt make me exactly productive but moreso helps me carry-thru with existing plans. Not really dig up any new ones. I thought maybe quality but seeing as i've only done this for a month, I cant make that call; looks legit. tastes legit. Least from everything i've read (i've seen pics of some stuff people post and even i'm like "what the hell? how'd u fall for that?").

Is it reasonable that my tolerance even after using 4 days each week for a month is through the roof? How would that explain never feeling that rush you all talk about? Or feelings of well being, mind blowing sex, etc. On days I dont use, I feel normal. I was an ex heroin user so I was expecting that level of withdrawal but nothing. Do you thiink thats a contributing factor for the lack of CRAZY unbearable crash alot of people here report during meth comedown?

Am I not doing enough if .5g can last me 4 sometimes 5 days?

What might be going on isn't tolerance but tachyphalaxis. This means the drug isn't doing what it should be doing to produce the pleasurable and other positive effects. It's a common issue among people scripted stimulants for adhd. The first dose for the day works like normal but the next dose seems to do very little or nothing. Do not take more to try to get an effect as you can still overdose.

you’ve probably just been doing small-moderate doses, and have built up a tolerance. Tolerance builds up fast to amphetamines, and as mentioned above, you can get to a point where you feel like you’re not getting much out of them anymore. What I would do is take a week off, and then next time you want to get high… do at least 0.1g (100mg) at once. I believe you are snorting it? This is a high dose, make sure you keep hydrated and have had a solid meal prior…

If after that you still don’t think you felt much of a high. Well either your product is not the greatest quality, or you just might be one of those people that have some paradoxical effects from amphetamines/meth.

What might be going on isn't tolerance but tachyphalaxis.
Thats a new one. I will have to do some reading. But yeah, since this lil stint with meth, I never have before considered that I may have ADHD but totally think its a strong possibility now. I feel different but normal at the same time. Before I tried this I guess I would drink to achieve the same effect (or something similar)
you just might be one of those people that have some paradoxical effects from amphetamines/meth.)
I have felt this way with other substances in the past. Alcohol being a big one--I never am able to get to that crazy blackout level of drunk and do crazy shit or become a different person. Other things as well, but you get what i'm trying to say I hope.

Ive had a super fast metabolism my entire life and thought maybe that was somehow involved. I eat like a pig but never put on more than like 3lbs regardless of how fatty it is for you. Could lets say, meth, be cycling out of my body too fast or something along those lines? It really probably is tolerance related and iill never know til I stop I guess. I'll post an update sometime.

I've read on here that most people dose once per day. I guess I was late finding that out so majority of the time I would just hit the pipe every, idk, 3-5 sometimes more often at the start of the day. What you said about doing small doses and building tolerance is interesting to me. I have had a suspicion that maybe I started out doing very little and for the most part stayed with it which ruined things for me. I never had a real tweaker moment. Most of the time I just felt elevated but not... idk, not the same way nearly everyone else describes the experience. I guess you always hear about how scary this stuff is so I was being incredibly cautious back in May when I first started.

There have been days where id just smoke a tiny crystal every few hours and thats how i've always done it the past few weeks. I haven't had a moment so far where I felt uncomfortable, i'll say that much. Like I said, a .5g lasts me like 4 days at the very least.

Thats a new one. I will have to do some reading. But yeah, since this lil stint with meth, I never have before considered that I may have ADHD but totally think its a strong possibility now. I feel different but normal at the same time. Before I tried this I guess I would drink to achieve the same effect (or something similar)
It's the small frequent use that is most likely causing the lack of stimulant effect rather than adhd causing it. Adhd can affect how euphoric stims feel as dopamine is lower in the adhd brain and may just require a higher dose or different roa but adhd won't diminish the stimulant effect to almost nothing.

Tachyphalaxis is different from tolerance and involves a sudden lack of response to a drug. In the case of stims it's as if the neurotransmitters are not increasing or responding as they should be upon exposure to the drug. It is not known what causes this to occur but happens among many different meds and renders them next to useless. Unless you are on antipsychotics which can block meth's effects then tachyphalaxis is the only other thing that is probably going on.

Stims lose most effect after a single dose for me. 20mg of meth or 30mg of d-amp will produce a strong energetic feeling with a large increase in focus, a mood boost along with increased sociability along with depression during the comedown. No mental or physical euphoria occurs but a very noticeable stimulant effect occurs. If I go for another dose within the same week the stimulant effect I expect to experience will be dulled or even missing altogether and there is no comedown depression either. Higher doses don't fix this issue. The only effect from higher doses is a higher heart rate, insomnia along with mental instability from an od on meth. A two week break fixes this problem.

Last edited:
I guess you'd ask why I keep it up if I don't feel anything, well time DEFINITELY moves faster and i'm a truck driver. I'd be lying if it didnt make the night fly by when i'm driving. So I must be intoxicated but its never in the way sooo many other users describe. What gives? Ii spend days home alone on it too, doing my own thing. I am starting to find II get bored because it doesnt make me exactly productive but moreso helps me carry-thru with existing plans. Not really dig up any new ones. I thought maybe quality but seeing as i've only done this for a month, I cant make that call; looks legit. tastes legit. Least from everything i've read (i've seen pics of some stuff people post and even i'm like "what the hell? how'd u fall for that?").

Is it reasonable that my tolerance even after using 4 days each week for a month is through the roof? How would that explain never feeling that rush you all talk about? Or feelings of well being, mind blowing sex, etc. On days I dont use, I feel normal. I was an ex heroin user so I was expecting that level of withdrawal but nothing. Do you thiink thats a contributing factor for the lack of CRAZY unbearable crash alot of people here report during meth comedown?
Meth is known to be highly compulsive so could be the reason you keep dosing even though you don't get much out of it. You think you just want to use it but what is going on is compulsive use.

If you're chasing effects that you read others experience and keep trying to get them I'd suggest you give up trying as you'll get hooked eventually and without even getting a high. I don't get a rush either so I've learned not to chase it and just accept that people respond differently to drugs.

If I go for another dose within the same week the stimulant effect I expect to experience will be dulled or even missing altogether and there is no comedown depression either. Higher doses don't fix this issue. The only effect from higher doses is a higher heart rate, insomnia along with mental instability from an od on meth. A two week break fixes this problem.

Once per week?! Woah. Thats so bizarre... How do people get hooked on this then? It makes me wonder what ii'm really getting out of this if I still have a desire to use. If I sleep 6-8 hours and wake up and hit the pipe shortly after I feel like something is happening but I cannot pinpoint exactly what but my mood seems to improve. But yea, no euphoria or rush.

Once per week?! Woah. Thats so bizarre... How do people get hooked on this then? It makes me wonder what ii'm really getting out of this if I still have a desire to use. If I sleep 6-8 hours and wake up and hit the pipe shortly after I feel like something is happening but I cannot pinpoint exactly what but my mood seems to improve. But yea, no euphoria or rush.
It's not a universal problem where stims lose their effect after a single or a few doses. I know people who can use for weeks and still get cooked on it. People can go years of daily stimulant use for adhd and get desired effects. I'm in a minority.

Meth is compulsive so is likely the reason you keep going back for it despite it not providing much. I've been down that road where I've wasted so much gear repeatedly smoking, snorting and eating to get that increased focus and energetic high but can't unless I have a break. I simply can't wait long enough to allow my body to reset and have realized it's the compulsive nature of meth that keeps bringing me back to it. Time to move on.

It's the small frequent use that is most likely causing the lack of stimulant effect rather than adhd causing it. Adhd can affect how euphoric stims feel as dopamine is lower in the adhd brain and may just require a higher dose or different roa but adhd won't diminish the stimulant effect to almost nothing.

Tachyphalaxis is different from tolerance and involves a sudden lack of response to a drug. In the case of stims it's as if the neurotransmitters are not increasing or responding as they should be upon exposure to the drug. It is not known what causes this to occur but happens among many different meds and renders them next to useless. Unless you are on antipsychotics which can block meth's effects then tachyphalaxis is the only other thing that is probably going on.

Stims lose most effect after a single dose for me. 20mg of meth or 30mg of d-amp will produce a strong energetic feeling with a large increase in focus, a mood boost along with increased sociability along with depression during the comedown. No mental or physical euphoria occurs but a very noticeable stimulant effect occurs. If I go for another dose within the same week the stimulant effect I expect to experience will be dulled or even missing altogether and there is no comedown depression either. Higher doses don't fix this issue. The only effect from higher doses is a higher heart rate, insomnia along with mental instability from an od on meth. A two week break fixes this problem.
I experience all of this.

How would tolerance be distinguished from tachyphalaxis? Because that is a good description of how my doses go.
I could use 2 weeks off.

I experience all of this.

How would tolerance be distinguished from tachyphalaxis? Because that is a good description of how my doses go.
Tachyphalaxis is the sudden large drop off in effects. This doesn't occur due to prolonged use/abuse or from a binge. It occurs shortly after first using stims and after either one redose or a handful of redoses. Higher doses don't overcome this lack of effect either. People often refer to this as acute tolerance but is technically known as tachyphalaxis. A short break of a week or two is enough to return the full stimulant effect. People on heavy binges experience a similar drop off in effects but this is related to neurotransmitter depletion from heavy use whereas tachyphalaxis occurs even after taking a single threshold dose.

Tolerance more accurately describes the gradual diminished effects due to longer periods of regular use. This can happen after weeks, months or years. Taking higher does are usually able to increase the effects back to where one wants them to be. A short break of a week or two doesn't lead to a full return of effects that occured when first started using. This requires a much longer break but tolerance quickly returns back to where it was.

Last edited:
I just had the same experience.
I recently became aware that i have ADHD as an adult, and started taking dexamfetamine without a script initially.
I just got the diagnosis and a script, i probably used between dexies and vyvance 30 to 70mg daily in the past two months
The same thing happened with my ex-girlfriend, evaluated for depression and diagnosed with ADHD.
I used some coke in the past, but never touched meth. I did use some Dexies before but never too many.

My GF never touched any stimulants besides the 10mg per day she prescribed.
I am the experimenter type, often landing on dangerous stuff. I especially like injectables, tried and often managed to inject basically everything.
I've injected oipiates, benzos, Ketamine, DMT, steroids and coke once, but always had meth on my list
I'm not a habitual drug user, weed, maybe MDMA, with the exceptions of my occasional experiments, she is the typical good girl.
Meth does not exist where i'm from, besides movies. She grew up surrounded by it like a plague.
In her culture, meth users re the lowest of junkies, basically largely due to media and education, but she always wondered how it feels like if it's so addictive and dangerous?
I know how to prep[ the compounds and inject them properly, always in the safest way possible.

I did try meth by myself first, as i couldn't find anybody willing.
I got like 1g, a pipe and started smoking it. Had some noticeable effect, but not much, that was like 1p.
I kept smoking, but there was no additional buz.
Went through half g, and i started thinking it was fake.
On the same day i looked for another plug, and bought another 1g.
same story smoke almost half and no effect.
Decided to start shooting a bit, did 100mg, a little bit of a tingle but nothing.
I kept repeating the above for like a few days.

i did have a little stimulant effect, kinda like what i get with coke, but dirtier.
What io realised since then, is that likely low-grade coke in EU is cut with meth, and that's the familiarity i perceived.
Compared to cocke, it still had little stiffness effect, but mostly bs behaviour like the white specs on the floor thing.
i'd say quite similar to what i got from freebase coke.
after a bit i met this 18 kid selling gear, and i told him to bring me a sample of every different type after he tried it.
each one of them had some variations but still 1 order of magnitude, or 2, away from expectations.
No energy, no sex drive, only fidgety paranoia.
after like 5g and like 5 types of meth in 3 days i called quits.

told my GF we would do a night out get a room in a fancy hotel and get f""ed up..
Bought 1 g, for the night, we get there we start smoking and couldn't belive it, no freaking effect on both of us.
She was getting even more sedated and mellow, kinda like a benzo effect, only her jaw was moving, an effect i did not have.
finished the 1g in like 5 hours, and she was like super depressed thinking something is wrong with her.
I get another guy i was told about as super reliable, and he has both meth and decent quality coke.
i get another g of meth and 2 g of coke.
Dude shows up at the hotel, let him in and it turns out he's a chill dude.
He was smoking the same stuff he sold us and stayed for a session.

He must have stayed there like 5-6 hours and me and her smoked, snorted and shoot up all the meth and the coke. he did less than 200mg in the same time and was wired AF, couldn't still.
Dude couldn't belive his eyes, even if both coke and all the different meth was not top-shelf, we should have felt something.

I don't know meth much, but coke i do. that was good stuff relatively speaking, 40% maybe 50% IMHO, i could feel the effect i'm used to when snorting.
When shooting it was just a bit of achill in the veins, but not much more.
She felt nothing.
Snorted a half g by herself, and she was just on the bed trying not to yawn, i didn't know hat to say i felt it a bit at least.

done lots of tests, crazy stuff, like another morning i woke up at 5 after only 4 hour sleep, decided that i'd stay up and try to work cause ADHD makes me always late for stuff.
Did 2p IV for breakfast and fell back asleep for another 6 hours.
i have freaking sleep issues, insomnia, i can't remember the last time i slept that much, i had weeks where i slept less in total.

Well, end of the story is i spent like 5k in drugs in a week and got more from my ADHD meds, coffee and weed..
it;s a weird state of mind, i guess you could get addicted to it if your really tried but both our reaction was like, yeah but no.
i guess i'm glad ill never be addicted to meth? wtf

Copped two sacks of supposed Cali fire whilst visiting relatives, and felt mild stimulation the first time and nothing after. Clear puddles and no taste when vaped properly. Brings on the tear when rail it. Ive also parachuted some and felt nada. Still compulsively using every day, but eating and sleeping just fine. The dope I've bought in Texas has always been legit racemic sweaty shit with brain zaps every hit, so I don't know what's going on. I haven't used since Christmas (TX dope) so my tolerance should be minimal. Anyone in LA County have this problem at the moment. I scored from an African American (heard they know good meth) and a Mexican (Should be that cartel plug) not discussing $, but I was surprised by how much you get per $ in California, but what am I supposed to do with all this bunk dope? Gonna acetone wash and boof to see what happens. Never tried that ROA. The only antipsych I'm on is 10mg Abilify (disposed of that shit, but now thinking it might not have been the abilify and feeling bad as its an add on for my Zoloft and Wellbutrin and I've been successful treating my MDD with this combo. I just want some GD euphoria for craps sake. Cocaine still works like a charm so what is going on?

I always assume i'm getting scammed,
That's partially why I kept pushing the envelope.
That and the weird obsessive feeling.
There is still addiction potential, just no euforia, just loopy shit and paranoia.
Litteraly tried 5 sources, and watch the guy get fucked up by two pipes, while me and her did 3x and were yawning.
Wild, didn't know what to tell her.

Tbh this explains why MDMA was never too much of an upper for me, more of a downer.

I might try with some oxy or dilaudid a t low dosages.
I want to see if it has any effect on the opioid.
Kinda scary to think a stimulant can't pull you from an OD.
But beside some specific experiment I'm done with stims

I always assume i'm getting scammed,
That's partially why I kept pushing the envelope.
That and the weird obsessive feeling.
There is still addiction potential, just no euforia, just loopy shit and paranoia.
Litteraly tried 5 sources, and watch the guy get fucked up by two pipes, while me and her did 3x and were yawning.
Wild, didn't know what to tell her.

Tbh this explains why MDMA was never too much of an upper for me, more of a downer.

I might try with some oxy or dilaudid a t low dosages.
I want to see if it has any effect on the opioid.
Kinda scary to think a stimulant can't pull you from an OD.
But beside some specific experiment I'm done with stims
Eating seems to work out better than smoking for me. 30mg of quality shard feels more like 50mg dexies for me but more euphoric and energetic.
Smoking used to feel similar to eating but overtime only a dull stimulant effect along with a racing heart and side effects occur.
The addiction potential is much higher than eating despite lack of good effects.

I might too have some some weird perma super stim tolerance, will make a thread about it after I do some additional testing and confirmation.