• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Not being able to score your daily drug, Amy of you freak out and how to cope?

Antiprosynthesis

Bluelighter
The title sais IT all, I cant get my daily drugs and I AM more or less freaking out about having to cope a few days of facing reality, do any of you freak out about this too?

And.what are ways to handle this situation the best way possible?

Hey @Antiprosynthesis …. there is no problem all and you’ve not done anything wrong…but I’ve noticed that in the short time since you joined us (big welcome by the way) you’ve generated a fair number of threads asking for help with a range of problems seemingly connected to your amphetamine habit (cum addiction?).

You seem to maybe going through a difficult time at the moment and maybe we can help more with the bigger picture and not just the specific and quite frequent technical type questions?

In any event, this specific thread is possibly in the wrong section of BL given the subject. If you wish to talk about the psychological or emotional effects of not being able to obtain a drug you are dependent on here might be ok - a sub-forum mod will decide that.

But if your questiom is about alternative strategies to get your drug of dependence or an alternative it might go better in Drug Culture - only only then if it is reworded a bit to be clear you are talking very generally and not breaking our ‘no sourcing’ rule which you can read in the BLUA.

Hey @Antiprosynthesis …. there is no problem all and you’ve not done anything wrong…but I’ve noticed that in the short time since you joined us (big welcome by the way) you’ve generated a fair number of threads asking for help with a range of problems seemingly connected to your amphetamine habit (cum addiction?).

You seem to maybe going through a difficult time at the moment and maybe we can help more with the bigger picture and not just the specific and quite frequent technical type questions?

In any event, this specific thread is possibly in the wrong section of BL given the subject. If you wish to talk about the psychological or emotional effects of not being able to obtain a drug you are dependent on here might be ok - a sub-forum mod will decide that.

But if your questiom is about alternative strategies to get your drug of dependence or an alternative it might go better in Drug Culture - only only then if it is reworded a bit to be clear you are talking very generally and not breaking our ‘no sourcing’ rule which you can read in the BLUA.
Thank you a lot for your reply as this makes me feel like you take me serious, yes speed is a big problem after all these yrs i feel like i cant handle IT anymore, but besides daily weed i need Something every other.week that does more to me and i reAlly dont want that To be speed anymore And wanted to make the switch to Kratom the last days but i used except for the last dose too little of green kratom while i need red with which im trying to go to make the switch with speed by next weekend is the new plan...

Thank you a lot for your reply as this makes me feel like you take me serious, yes speed is a big problem after all these yrs i feel like i cant handle IT anymore, but besides daily weed i need Something every other.week that does more to me and i reAlly dont want that To be speed anymore And wanted to make the switch to Kratom the last days but i used except for the last dose too little of green kratom while i need red with which im trying to go to make the switch with speed by next weekend is the new plan...

I’ll get back to you soon on this and how we might be able to help and support you with your amphetamine problems. I have been addicted to amphetamines and other stimulants several times over 30 years but I can assure you it is possible to break your dependency and go years at a time (if not forever) without relapsing.

However it is 4:30 AM here and I need to take care of a few things offline first.

But don’t worry. We hear you and take you very seriously.

In the meantime here are some threads on recovering from amphetamine addiction. Basically what works with meth works with amphetamine/speed also. Maybe you could read through them and come back with any questions about specific points?

Quite a bit of nonsense in this one but still some useful info https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/how-difficult-is-it-to-stop-using-meth-once-addicted.911782/

There is a lot more but this should get you started…

In the meantime here are some threads on recovering from amphetamine addiction. Basically what works with meth works with amphetamine/speed also. Maybe you could read through them and come back with any questions about specific points?

Quite a bit of nonsense in this one but still some useful info https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/how-difficult-is-it-to-stop-using-meth-once-addicted.911782/

There is a lot more but this should get you started…
Thx a lot your effort which is greatly appreciated, i have An important question cause everyone seems to find IT very difficult to understand i wonder is my situation really that easy to Just fix IT and do i really make my problems bigger than they are and Am i in a way An insult for ppl with i suppose what would be real problems? Cause this is hoe IT feels, in short; is my situation really that hard to understand? Cause atm i feel in general really misunderstood...

Thx a lot your effort which is greatly appreciated, i have An important question cause everyone seems to find IT very difficult to understand i wonder is my situation really that easy to Just fix IT and do i really make my problems bigger than they are and Am i in a way An insult for ppl with i suppose what would be real problems? Cause this is hoe IT feels, in short; is my situation really that hard to understand? Cause atm i feel in general really misunderstood...
Not at all. Your problems, as I understand them so far, are both fairly serious and fairly common. Here on BL there are probably dozens of people who have been where you are at now and successfully sorted themselves out - often with the help of medical professionals like doctors, counsellors , psychologists, and psychiatrists. But also often on their own or mainly with the help of friends or peers who have been through something similar themselves. And that’s just with stimulants. There are hundreds who have been there with other drugs and their experiences and advice can be helpful for you also.

People with drug problems often feel uniquely troubled, alone, or isolated simply because in most places people are ashamed to admit they have a problem and nobody talks about it for fear of being stigmatised. Trust me, your kind of problems are really quite common - not necessarily with amphetamines specifically but with a whole range of legal and illegal substances.

It is nothing to be ashamed about. In fact, in my opinion admitting you have a problem and trying to do something about it is something to be proud of. Very very proud of once you’ve tackled it.

sometimes trying to debunk these thoughts to process them with a different point of views angle can help, you can convince yourself something is based on your own paranoia if you understand the root of the reason why it surfaced and presented itself as something to be concerned about in the first place, just difficult to reach these healthy conclusions if youve been hammering in the past a lot and now, drug induced psychosis (and drug withdrawal induced issues) can be quite severe and last longer than the initial onset

Not at all. Your problems, as I understand them so far, are both fairly serious and fairly common. Here on BL there are probably dozens of people who have been where you are at now and successfully sorted themselves out - often with the help of medical professionals like doctors, counsellors , psychologists, and psychiatrists. But also often on their own or mainly with the help of friends or peers who have been through something similar themselves. And that’s just with stimulants. There are hundreds who have been there with other drugs and their experiences and advice can be helpful for you also.

People with drug problems often feel uniquely troubled, alone, or isolated simply because in most places people are ashamed to admit they have a problem and nobody talks about it for fear of being stigmatised. Trust me, your kind of problems are really quite common - not necessarily with amphetamines specifically but with a whole range of legal and illegal substances.

It is nothing to be ashamed about. In fact, in my opinion admitting you have a problem and trying to do something about it is something to be proud of. Very very proud of once you’ve tackled it.
Thx a lot, i feel a bit better knowing my problems are fairly common, cause i exactly.feel as you Just described many.users feel...

The problem with some things you Just said is that i want to quit amps but not at all several other drugs like from the top of my head weed/hash, kratom, i Aldo feel like experimenting with Changa some more and i have a friend who is a nurse and regularly hooks me up with a pack oxy instant 20mg for sublingual use so these drugs are the minimum of drugs i see myself going on with and weed/hash i want to use daily and Kratom i want to order 25 g each week of so in no way i want to do what normal ppl would consider healthy OR normal or smart...

But none of these drugs ever produced effects that made me suffer when not combined with stims i Just cant handle stim comedown without Any other drug if i wasnt on a speed comedown i wouldnt freak about not having some joints, i often Cant provide enough for really Everyday use mostly there is a day a week that i have problems resupplying and besides the fact that i would like to smoke this produces no other effects in me.

while other drugs certainly can help with stim comedowns, focusing on the lack of them will not help. try to accept the situation rather than mentally fight against it.

at the end of the day, they are just sticking plasters. mostly what will help you is sleep, good nutrition, and hydration.

The problem with some things you Just said is that i want to quit amps but not at all several other drugs like
I am in a similar boat with kratom (and opioids at large, though they haven't been in my life for years). Frankly, I go back and forth whether it's possible. Like a lot of times I think dead sobriety is the easy route, but it is still quite a horrible thing to imagine.