North & South American Social & Drug Discussion is looking for a new moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Bluelight Crew
North & South American Social & Drug Discussion is looking for a new moderator.

We are looking for someone to fill the very large shoes that Generation E has left behind. Thank you for all your hard work!

Do not post nominations or applications in this thread

QUALIFICATIONS

• time commitments - being that moderating is VOLUNTARY (no, we don't get paid for what we do), a moderator should be able to dedicate him/her self to the forum by taking the time to carefully go through the threads, find any violations of the BLUA or forum guidelines and act accordingly. IME, it has usually taken an extra 10-20 minutes of my time.
  • patience - being a moderator isn't all about getting to warn people or edit posts, it's about contributing to Bluelight to make it a better place. you need to have a lot of patience for this job as you'll often come in contact with newbies who, more than likely, will break the rules. instead of slapping them with a warning, sending a friendly PM stating what violation occurred, directing them to the BLUA, forum guidelines, etc. and welcoming them to the board usually keeps tension to a minimum. new members keep the board a lively place, we don't want to drive them away.
  • thick skin - as with anything else, the possibility of conflict is present. a member may get pissed off because you closed their thread or warned them for violating the rules but you have to remember that words are just that...words. don't let the stress get to you, moderating should be fun and something you do because you want to help out, not because you feel obligated.

deadline: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER any submissions made after that will NOT be considered. Please send your applications to @lterego, Euphoricnod, and Damien. Please include in your application: a little bit about yourself, why you think you would make a great moderator and what you can contribute to the forum and the board as a whole.

we're very eager to get a strong replacement in to help keep the forum tidy, fun and drama-free.

good luck!

I want another mod spot as I have time being a full time student, and I'd get to work with the BL rockstar known as Damien ;).

i feel like this is my job for the taking.

sorry homie, isn't it obvious that you have to live in california to mod this forum?

j/k of course - hoping to see some good applications roll in %)

i have noticed that though..

im not sure what being a mod really entails.

having patience for idiots is not one of my strong points, as it has been well documented. its always for the greater good of this site though.

i have noticed that though..

im not sure what being a mod really entails.

having patience for idiots is not one of my strong points, as it has been well documented. its always for the greater good of this site though.

ahaha. Just thinking of that time I kinda blew up on you for impatience, sorry ;). Being a mod isn't super hard or else nobody would do it, apply if they choose you you are ready to be a mod.

thats a good point..

lol where did we do battle TMD? ive gone off on a few people

but apology accepted.

In some lounge thread where you tried a newb and I said something as well as a few others. Nothing important hence your forgeting it, any way good luck on the mod spot man :).

makes sense lol sounds like me

..and i havent applied.....yet.

thanks though.

I'd love to see you guys send in some apps. We'd love a large pool of people to pull from.

We can shape you.

I'll send an app to all of the mods (Generation E is gonna help pick the replacement too right?) tomorrow Im just tired now :).

so do we hafta send an app to all the mods or will 1 mod do?

Im gonna send you guys my app soon, just have to run an errand IRL. Real life is so complicated like that ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.