• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nootropic Mixture Turns black... help

lostcauses

Greenlighter
So I'm new to blue light and unfortunately am dealing with a hard-drive meltdown as well. Anyways, I got a combination of nootropics and other supplements that when mixed together in a dry powdered state are turning black. It doesn't look like any kind of mold I've ever seen before and doesn't appear to have a growth pattern resembling of any kind of biological organism I'm familiar with. That being said, I don't fuck around with this stuff professionally so I figured it might be good to get some feedback from people who do. I'm hoping some of you out there are scientists and not just drug abusers... Anyways, the transition of color change from white to black appears to be chemical and slow moving. I'm thinking it's a moisture induced chemical reaction occurring between my supplements... I'm trying to dry out the most recent occurrence to see how the color change responds... the resulting black substance is very unique... it feels like an amorphous crystal... and shows signs of crystalline structure which makes me hesitant to jump to mold as the cause of the color change... I've taken not of some acrid odors similar to the smell of glucose fermentation... that doesn't necessarily mean mold but it would corroborate the idea. However the transition in each case did not occur until the the supplements were taken out an breathable (as it pertains to humans) air environment... It's very strange, the amorphous black crystal is sticky to the touch and extremely malleable... I'm just hoping someone sees this and can help me... cheers... [no no] for a more detailed private discussion and to see pictures... cheers! - L.C.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm new to blue light and unfortunately am dealing with a hard-drive meltdown as well. Anyways, I got a combination of nootropics and other supplements that when mixed together in a dry powdered state are turning black. It doesn't look like any kind of mold I've ever seen before and doesn't appear to have a growth pattern resembling of any kind of biological organism I'm familiar with. That being said, I don't fuck around with this stuff professionally so I figured it might be good to get some feedback from people who do. I'm hoping some of you out there are scientists and not just drug abusers... Anyways, the transition of color change from white to black appears to be chemical and slow moving. I'm thinking it's a moisture induced chemical reaction occurring between my supplements... I'm trying to dry out the most recent occurrence to see how the color change responds... the resulting black substance is very unique... it feels like an amorphous crystal... and shows signs of crystalline structure which makes me hesitant to jump to mold as the cause of the color change... I've taken not of some acrid odors similar to the smell of glucose fermentation... that doesn't necessarily mean mold but it would corroborate the idea. However the transition in each case did not occur until the the supplements were taken out an breathable (as it pertains to humans) air environment... It's very strange, the amorphous black crystal is sticky to the touch and extremely malleable... I'm just hoping someone sees this and can help me... cheers... please email me at (no emails) for a more detailed private discussion and to see pictures... cheers! - L.C.

In the future, you may want to mention which nootropics :p

Last edited by a moderator:
it would help if we know what you were mixing

it sounds like you're simply mixing two compounds that react with each other and the moisture allows them to both dissolve & react

it would help if we know what you were mixing

it sounds like you're simply mixing two compounds that react with each other and the moisture allows them to both dissolve & react

Your painting us all with a very broad brush lost causes. Just drug abusers?