noob questions

Snarky91

Bluelighter
1. What gauge needles are preferable for im injection every day? EG tren ace
2. What is needed besides the drug itself? Needles, syringes, alcohol swabs?
3. Is it alright practicing self-injecting with very small doses even if one doesn't plan to go on cycle just to get the hang of it?

I might think more questions later. This is all for now. Also please save self-righteous feedback about doing research for next person. We all have to start somewhere...

1. What gauge needles are preferable for im injection every day? EG tren ace
2. What is needed besides the drug itself? Needles, syringes, alcohol swabs?
3. Is it alright practicing self-injecting with very small doses even if one doesn't plan to go on cycle just to get the hang of it?

I might think more questions later. This is all for now. Also please save self-righteous feedback about doing research for next person. We all have to start somewhere...

Hey... 23G blues to draw the liquid, 25G orange to inject... 3ml syringe... + alcohol swabs..!!

Attach a blue 23G to 3ml syringe, draw liquid, replace protective cap on blue needle, remove.... then attach orange 25G needle, remove cap, hold upright, press plunger until liquid droplet appears at end of orange needle.. (you are ready to inject)... wipe with alcohol swab, pull skin tight with 2 fingers, inject, depress plunger, when empty, pull out... replace protective cover on needle, discard..!!

Yes you can practice... bump 1/2ml in, or call it your first shot....!!

Image005.jpg

^^^everything he said.

Though personally, just to avoid unnecessary injection of something active (ie - the test shot to get used to it) - ask for some bacteriostatic water when you get your needles etc. You can practice the injection side of things using that as many times as you like without worrying about actually starting a cycle. That'd be the only thing I'd change from what GF said :) well, aside from personally using 21g needles in place of 23g for drawing. Just habit of mine now that I've become accustomed to how much fluid will be in the needle after removing it from the vial.

Hey... 23G blues to draw the liquid, 25G orange to inject... 3ml syringe... + alcohol swabs..!!
how bad would it be if 23g was all that was used, like pinning 2x/wk with 23's? Sometimes I wonder what the hell some of the bigger gauges are for, I mean you see an 18g and wonder how that even goes into a person!

23g is perfectly fine here in the UK we get our needles and shit free they come in steroid packs of 10x 21g 10x23g and alcohol swabs and syringes.

I drawn with 21 and pin with 23.
Ive used 21g to pin gluten before and I felt nothing...

I use 23g for glutes 1.5" so the oil flows better and I don't get forearm pumps from awkward positioning and pushing so hard. 25g 1" for quads and delts. Thinking of trying 27g 5/8" for delts next blast

23g is perfectly fine here in the UK we get our needles and shit free they come in steroid packs of 10x 21g 10x23g and alcohol swabs and syringes.

I drawn with 21 and pin with 23.
Ive used 21g to pin gluten before and I felt nothing...

hmm interesting! And i've gotta say i never got the "draw with wider gauge" approach, a 23 draws perfectly fine as far as I've seen..

When injecting, smaller is generally better - less damage to tissue/scarring.

I personally like a 26G (brown) to inject with, or as above with GF a 25G is a standard choice. The 27G (grey) just takes too long or tends to block a bit much.

Swabing, though good practice, is often considered pointless now (it tends to just smear skin bacteria) and is no longer performed in some NHS hospitals. Despite this, myself and most others still swab, especially if you swipe in one direction repeatedly, and its well worth the minor effort.

I would not do practice injections though lol. Extra pain and scarring for no gain. Just do it, you'll be fine on the day :)

When injecting, smaller is generally better - less damage to tissue/scarring.

I personally like a 26G (brown) to inject with, or as above with GF a 25G is a standard choice. The 27G (grey) just takes too long or tends to block a bit much.

Swabing, though good practice, is often considered pointless now (it tends to just smear skin bacteria) and is no longer performed in some NHS hospitals. Despite this, myself and most others still swab, especially if you swipe in one direction repeatedly, and its well worth the minor effort.

I would not do practice injections though lol. Extra pain and scarring for no gain. Just do it, you'll be fine on the day :)

You're from England..!!

Lol. It's unusual to be on a board with so many Commonwealth folks. I think the yanks are all on that highly erudite forum bodybuilding.com ;-)

Great more red coats and kiwis :p hopefully you guys can make a book of slang so we yanks can understand some of things you guys say lol.

Not a Kiwi... I'm from Northern England.. Emigrated in 2008, pop back every July/August to see the kids....

can a shot that had blood in it for at least 6 hours be re-filtered and used with little risk of infection

I asked the guy who did my shots last time and he is scaring me (jokingly) about air bubbles and how I'll be in a mess when I do it myself. I have heard about air bubbles and something about drawing back on the plunger to see if there is blood, which would mean a vein was hit. Also there's the danger of hitting a nerve?? Admittedly I don't even have practice injecting anything, not even using a plunger - heh maybe an eyelet dropper in science experiment. Is the air bubble and vein issue interrelated? Is it plausible to hit a nerve? If there is no air bubble and hit a vein, nothing should happen. So do people straight up inject or do they actually pull back to check if there is blood? I guess after injecting pulling the plunger back draws into the syringe whatever is surrounding the needle... so if it's in a vein then blood will come back in the syringe..?.. and if it's a good injection into muscle, then pulling back would fill the syringe with what..? nothing? Abscesses and scar tissue also stuff I've heard about; I don't want to run into these problems. I guess I won't know what any of this is like until I can apply the warnings with a mock injection situation, needle, syringe, solution, injection target and all.

http://www.steroidal.com/steroid-injections/

This site looks good. I'm going to see what the hell these scenarios are about when I get the stuff in my hands and can relate the instructions to hands on observation.

I asked the guy who did my shots last time and he is scaring me (jokingly) about air bubbles and how I'll be in a mess when I do it myself. I have heard about air bubbles and something about drawing back on the plunger to see if there is blood, which would mean a vein was hit. Also there's the danger of hitting a nerve?? Admittedly I don't even have practice injecting anything, not even using a plunger - heh maybe an eyelet dropper in science experiment. Is the air bubble and vein issue interrelated? Is it plausible to hit a nerve? If there is no air bubble and hit a vein, nothing should happen. So do people straight up inject or do they actually pull back to check if there is blood? I guess after injecting pulling the plunger back draws into the syringe whatever is surrounding the needle... so if it's in a vein then blood will come back in the syringe..?.. and if it's a good injection into muscle, then pulling back would fill the syringe with what..? nothing? Abscesses and scar tissue also stuff I've heard about; I don't want to run into these problems. I guess I won't know what any of this is like until I can apply the warnings with a mock injection situation, needle, syringe, solution, injection target and all.

http://www.steroidal.com/steroid-injections/

This site looks good. I'm going to see what the hell these scenarios are about when I get the stuff in my hands and can relate the instructions to hands on observation.

You won't get air bubbles in your syringe if you depress the plunger until all the air is out of the syringe and a tiny amount of oil is present at the tip of the needle...

Aspirating is recommended at work but I have never bothered and don't intend to.. The needle is long enough to go straight through a vein and deep into muscle...

If you hit a vein you should know about it (you will think you have hit a nerve), so pull out and try again in a slightly different place...

Nerves are small don't worry about hitting them, people get confused with hitting veins....

Keep injection protocol hygienic and you shouldn't have to worry about abscesses....

At a glance, the only thing that instructional page missed was using the z-track method of pulling the skin at the desired injection site off to the side a little with your other hand before inserting the needle. This ensures that the hole in the skin doesn't line up with the hole in the muscle once you've removed the needle and cease pinching the skin in the area.

Hitting a nerve is possible, and depending on the muscle (quads seem to be the worst with everyone), might happen every now and then. You'll know when it happens, but don't stress - it's not really that bad. It's like a weak zap from an electric fence around a horse paddock. Expect the muscle to contract a little uncomfortably. If this happens, you can try to 'steer' the needle in a different direction presuming you've got enough needle to play with, otherwise you can pull out and try elsewhere (with a new needle if required - avoid having to pierce anything with the same needle more than twice. This INCLUDES your skin - so vial+skin = twice = new needle)

When you aspirate, you should only ever see blood get pulled into the syringe if you've PARKED in a vessel, which you don't want (this has never happened to me). You should only see a heap of TINY air bubbles appearing in the syringe. Many times I've passed THROUGH a vessel on the way in, which can cause a tiny bit of blood to appear in the needle as I pull out, and often a bit of blood come out of the hole. Just press firmly against the hole for 15 secs if this happens. It's not the end of the world, unless you're unlucky enough to have some of the tren you just injected find its way into that vessel after you pulled out. You'll know when this happens, and DO NOT WORRY - YOU WON'T DIE!!! Though it may feel like it :p

Don't worry about a little bit of air going in either. 0.1ml of any into your muscle won't do a thing aside from feel strange when it gets pushed in. Depending on how you want to look at it, it can even be desirable as it can stop that last 0.1ml of oil being wasted from not making it in :p