⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

non smokers smoking

^hahahahahaha!!!!!! ;) =D
Peeve : (and y'all know this..) WTF is up with Penelope Cruz's fucking accent? It doesn't even sound Spanish to me. It's so grating..like scratching nails on a board.

i know it was just acting, but ever since i saw Blow i've wanted to shoot her in the face

haha, yeah i always notice this and it always kinda bugged me. but i dont really think its necessary to have people who are actually smokers to fill roles where the character smokes.

ryanlaughlin-
"if it's supposed to be believable and the smoking is pertinent to the plot, you'd better hire an actor who really smokes, otherwise, they better learn to for the roll."

do you really wish that an actor should start smoking for a role? i would never wish nicotine addiction on anyone. it bothers me, yeah, but id rather actors be good in their role rather than see them actually smoking...

i never said someone should START smoking for a role. i'm saying if smoking is a necessary entity IN the role (such as cigarette smoking man, from the x files), then hire a smoker as opposed to trying to have a NON-smoker pretend to smoke.

ok, but what if an actor who was a nonsmoker was way better in a role than the best person they could find who is a smoker?

also, how many roles other than the x-files guy has smoking as a major part of the character? though probably more than i can think of right now...

just being devils advocate here, i find it really annoying when an actor draws son a cigarette and barely blows out any smoke, fucking lame imo.

^hahahahahaha!!!!!! ;) =D
Peeve : (and y'all know this..) WTF is up with Penelope Cruz's fucking accent? It doesn't even sound Spanish to me. It's so grating..like scratching nails on a board.

Watch Carne trémula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUoI4ceRURc

I changed my mind about her slightly after watching that film. But yeah, her accent irks me a great deal, especially on those fucking L'Oreal ads. They dub it, and she still sounds annoying. :!

I know what everyone's talking about with the smoking thing though. Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club springs to mind. :|

I've noticed that too.. It's like they aren't even trying.

Same goes from when someone is smoke herb and they barely breathe out any smoke from a fat bong rip and less than 2seconds of "holding" it in, barely anything comes out

^ This.

One of my biggest peeves in movies.

haha, yeah i always notice this and it always kinda bugged me. but i dont really think its necessary to have people who are actually smokers to fill roles where the character smokes.

ryanlaughlin-
"if it's supposed to be believable and the smoking is pertinent to the plot, you'd better hire an actor who really smokes, otherwise, they better learn to for the roll."

do you really wish that an actor should start smoking for a role? i would never wish nicotine addiction on anyone. it bothers me, yeah, but id rather actors be good in their role rather than see them actually smoking...

but if there are nicotine free cigs available why not smoke them properly? You won't get emphysema from inhaling the smoke of a handful of cigarretes.

in that case, fine. my problem lies in the fact that they draw smoke in and blow WAY too much out (usually) too soon. it just doesn't look natural. that's my whole point. if they can smoke a cig or a non-nicotine cig and have it look natural then by all means, they should.

do you understand what i'm saying. it's not a matter of cigarettes and not cigarettes. it's a matter of how realistic the smoking is. i don't care WHAT they're smoking, so long as it looks natural.