• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox No more methadone/subutex

mtop2036

Bluelighter
I'm 29 years old and been on opiates daily since 17. Used them off and on for a few years before that.

I'm 2012 I got stuck in a methadone/subs clinic for 7 years. Was at 130mg methadone at one point. For the last 10 months I've been on subutex 18mg was my highest. Stayed at that for 2 months, and have been tapering since.

Last Tuesday i got myself down to .01mg which was 1800 times lower than I started off with.

It's now been 120+ hours with no opiates or any other drugs than weed. I don't feel great but this is a cakewalk to my other attempts at getting clean.

I can't freaking believe it but at this point I feel like I'm 100% got this. Feels so dang good to be able to say it.

That's great! I'm really happy for you! Keep us updated. I know many here will benefit from your experience getting off. Can you go into more detail about your taper? Like did you go to zero mg of methodone then switch to sub? How did you structure the sub taper?

Absolutely

So at my highest I was at 130mg of methadone. I tapered down to 48mg at about 1-5mg every 5-10 days. I just went by how I felt, if I was having a hard time I would hold off. Well at 48mg i was having a very hard time and made my way back up to 80 or so. Then I spent a few years struggling to taper, went back and forth with getting down to 50-60mg then getting to depressed and would go back up. Also if like to add that before the clinic I was abusing methadone and it was my drug of choice for some time.

At 80mg i started having severe stomach issues related to opiates and a bad stomach. It was advised to me to taper quickly as possible to see if my symptoms would improve. Over about 2 months i tapered to 55mg and hit a wall. Then spent 3 weeks in the hospital for the stomach issues. It was there that they switched me from 55 mg of methadone to 18mg of subutex. Was quite hard for me to switch from that amount after being on methadone for 7+ years.

After about 2 months at 18mg i was adjusted to it as I would be and began to taper. Here is the schedule from what I remember and I stayed at each dose until I felt better, anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks
18mg
16mg
10mg
8mg
6mg
5mg
4mg
3mg
2.5mg
2mg
1.75mg
1.5mg
1.25mg
1mg
For the following i spent a max of 10 days for each reduction
.75mg
.5mg
.37mg
.25mg
.125mg
.1mg
For the following i spent 2 to 10 days for each reduction.
.09mg
.08mg
.07mg
.06mg
.05mg
.04mg
At this point I spent 2 to 5 days for each reduction which was pushing it to be honest.
.03mg
.02mg
.01mg which I spent only 1 day on.

If your curious how I was able to split the pill to such small doses, water. I would take 20ml of water, dissolve a 2mg pill in to it. Then use a plastic syringe to suck up the liquid and would squirt that under my tongue as if it were a pill. So every .1ml of liquid would be .01mg of subutex.

Now I was really pushing it for myself with the taper. What really helped was that I got it in my head that while taking more during withdrawal would help with the withdrawls but would not help at all with getting off. So no matter how sick i got I refused to return to my previous dose once I went down no matter what. I actually got my wisdom teeth pulled while I had withdrawals and just stuck it out.

Also once I had decided the night before that I was going to go down the next day I would no matter how I felt. There was many times that I only spent 2 to 3 days on a new amount and would say I'm going down tomorrow since I don't feel much withdrawl to wake up in withdrawal due to subs half life and still force my self to follow through and go down.

So in about 7 hours will be exactly 1 week off and while I don't feel great I'm still doing alright. Who knows how much longer this will go on for but I still feel like I got this.

If anyone has any questions or would like some advice feel free to ask!

Congrats keep it up. Suboxone Withdrawl for me was brutal and drawn out. I am grateful for going through the experience.

Thanks man oddly enough I'm happy i had to go through it. Personally it's a lesson i needed to learn and I feel stronger for doing it. Less than 8 hours and it'll be 2 weeks off the crap!