• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nitrous Oxide (N2O) Harm Reduction Tips!

Cool Good tip.

To avoid little chunks going down my throat I normally cover the nozel with my tongue and let the gas creep down my throat.

You could also consider stocking or gause to filter out contaminants. I found stocking to be best though.

Can anyone tell me what nangs do to you physically? and when i say that, i don't mean how does it make you feel, i mean actualy physical effects, more to the point, does it make your blood vessels expand/contract? What does it do to your brain physically? (I have had trouble finding this information out about any drugs, as most people tend to site physical effects just as how it makes you feel.) Does this make sense? I'm looking for purely medical fact here, and hopefully some links to medical information. (and yes, i tried the search)

Cheers :)

Frog_e

^^^ basically you are introducing a different gas (other then oxygen) into your blood stream/brain. So the physical effects you seek to find info on relate to this.

I have found the source I mentioned in my earlier post

link

Generally, what is available from a bulb hit when administered by a cracker/bulb machine etc is not really enough to do you serious damage on the spot. Most fatal incidents during administration have been due to carelessness. e.g. Someone nanging alone, takes a hit, goes semi-conscious, slips over and cracks their skull.

Tampa outlawed rave clubs after the well-publicized death of Kelly Hendershot a 19-year-old who died several days after falling and hitting her head at StudioRave Club in Tampa. Her friends told authorities that she had inhaled nitrous oxide inside the club.

Other long term effects are generally from serious over abuse (refer my story above) Some sources site long-term use of nitrous oxide leading to bone marrow suppression, blood cell problems and poisoning of the central nervous system.

Splatt has already mentioned possible Folic Acid and Vitamin B deficiancies. Physiologically what is happening from inhaling nitrous is big dirty word in the name of hyperhomocysteinemia, where homocysteine (an amino acid) accumulates in your blood. This then promotes cardio-vascular diseases, although I am struggling to find reliable sources to confirm exactly what vascular diseases. It has been suggested that accumulation of homocysteine in the blood stream of a pregnant woman coupled with B12 and folic acid deficiency can lead to the unborn featus developing spina bifida and anencephaly (childeren with no brains or open spinal cord).

Also studies on health care professionals (e.g. dentists) working in confined spaces, have shown women in these professions have displayed fertility issues.

Then you have this source...

Link

...which connects long term Nitrous abuse with Myeloneuropathy with symptoms such as loss of balance, leg weakness, gait ataxia, impotence, and sphincter disturbances (hhmmmm...). Once again this study sites the depletion of B12 from use of Nitrous.

Then there are other effects, which I think have been touched on already :\ , such as Frostbite to the lips, nose, gums and tounge. I have seen the damage it did to a friends lower lip and it was a very uncomfortable and damaging experience for him.

Cracking little guide.

Why hasn't this been stickied or moved to the FAQ on nitrous? It'd be a great addition.

Because it's not really complete. One day I would write up a full FAQ and safety/HR guide for FAQs if needed, but there are older faqs still around...

how many b-12 vitamins should one take when nangin(around 20bulbs in a session) , how much should i take before and post nitrous?

Take magnesium and VB12 before and after your nitrous sessions, just in normal or double dose of what the bottle says. 20 x 8-11 grams of N2O isn't that harmful at all, even though the dosage sounds like it.

Splatt said:
Can anyone share any tank tips that people normally over look.

There is the big one of not mixing the N2O with oxygen (and checking ratios and quantity), and leaving a mask on with no one around timing (you shouldn't do this at all anyway). So it is best to use baloons for tanks. Also this will eliminate any harsh frost-bite related injuries you might get when something goes wrong. Use gloves or a towel to be safe. Maybe gloves would be weird. I'd freak out thinking my hands were missing half way through the trip (forgetting I had gloves).

But yeah, can any one offer any tips for safe tank use and different methods of (ab)use maybe? Maybe share a horror story and precaution.

Peace

I've only done nos a couple of times, but myself and the people i was with went through an entire tank that was about as big as me in one night. We had it arranged so that the tank was next to a couple of mattresses, and we would inhale directly from the tank without and mask or anything, without oxygen until we would pass out onto the mattresses. Upon regaining consciousness, we would get up and rejoin the end of the line. More than once during the night though, whilst falling to the bed some people (myself included) took the tank to the ground with them, luckily nobody was hurt, not that they wouldve felt anything anyway. Looking back though, i realise the stupidity of what we were doing and how dangerous it was. I couldnt of cared less at the time. We tried other things too, like attaching a length of hose to the mouth part of a plastic bottle, which had the bottom cut out of it and was placed on the top of the tank, but too much would be wasted doing this. I've never seen anybody become so fiendish about any drug so quick in all my life as what everybody was like that night. We constantly arguing about whose turn it was and how long theyd been inhaling for. Good night though.

Another thing I neglected to mention earlier about tanks, the NOS systems they use for direct injections in cars ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR INHALING AND ARE VERY DANGEROUS!

To some of you this may seem like a no brainer, but a lot of the time these tanks are referred to as nitrous when in reality they also contain various other nasties. There have been reports in the US where people have acquired these and used the tanks for inhaling.

Just a warning in case the thought crossed your mind. However, I have been led to believe these tanks are quite expensive.

^^^ Goa - Just the recommended dosage is fine but you could easily double it if you where a bit concerned. You should also try and maintain a healthy diet rich in B vitamin in your day to day life anyways, which will keep you sailing along nicely.

Most of the dangerous/negative health impact from nitrous are typically due to over use or abuse, so the best advice is to take it easy. Make sure you maintain some oxygen along with your N2O.

One technique I would employ is just prior to taking a hit of N20, exhale all of the air from your lungs, take a quick breath of oxygen and then hit the bulb machine, balloon etc. That way you can get a mix of oxygen and N20 which is important.

*Bump*

Refer recent NOS related death in the news. The tips in this thread can save lives.

yea that guy was an idiot, don't people have any common sense

Yes, you need around 38% oxygen I believe, when inhaling nitrous constantly to stay in the void. Someone please corrent me?

^ That would be safe. Anaesthesia journals report a minimum of 20% oxygen in addition to nitrous as acceptable to avoid hypoxia. In practice another gas, halothane, is introduced into the mix. Not sure of the percentage though.

Dentists usually give a 50:50 mix of O2 and N2O. I found this combo will put me to sleep if I don't occasionally breathe through my mouth. The O2 really changes the effect from the nitrous. The body tingles and you tend to get very distracted when listening to conversation. My dentist told me he monitors the state of his patients by noting their verbal responses.

Here is an Interesting Article regarding redheads and anaesthesia.

I quote:
If you're a natural redhead facing surgery, you may want to have a chat with your anaesthesiologist before heading for the operating room.
A new study finds you're likely to need more anaesthesia when you go under the knife than do people with other hair colours. Researchers at the University of Louisville discovered that, on average, people born with red hair require about 20 percent more anaesthesia to obtain satisfactory sedation.

Would this have any relation to Nitrous intake with redheads also? My g/f is a redhead and she seems to get more kick out of a nang compared to my brown haired self.

Anyway, I thought the article was interesting and worth a read. (also Dr Karl on JJJ discussed this so there may well be an available d/l on the JJJ website). :)