• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nitrous Oxide) - Experienced - Life Changing Problems

permanent self-inflicted health problems, and the underlying mental and emotional issues are no joke...here's praying our "society" can evolve a technique of educating people and helping them with the true cause of their behaviour instead of attacking symptoms (which is what we do as addicts in the 1st place)

Beware of the light that burns too bright

wow dude, sorry to hear that you are in the immense pain every single day.

I know i will be you in 10-15yrs time or maybe shorter. From the first time i've done nos, I KNEW this was my drug of choice. The first six months since i did my first nos i did maybe 20-30 boxes of nos weekly,

Thanks dude again for this nice nice nice read !

Hi. Thanks for the kudos. you certainly do seem to have walked a similarly precarious road as I. I wrote you quite a long response last night, but I lost it accidentally just as I was about to post it.

There were two basic themes.

1) Yeah - Hippie Crack - Psychedelic Heroin - it is the best (Gascid - the synergy of the two are a *perfect* harmony). There is nothing better - it's the ultimate - no point in trying to use words-it just is Heaven in this life - making love with God - being the Universe across all points of time, space and thought - subjetive understanding of life, the universe and everything. We agree on all of this.

2) you read the entire thing. You have read of some of the consequences - but not the most horrific as they were too personal to tell. You see that you are attracted to it with a force like my own was. You have been fortunate to have not suffered any permanent damage already. Unlike me, you have been warned, in time, directly.in person, with one of the surviving casualties of this Holy War...

And yet you haven't immediately hit the brakes, full on and come to a sudden, immediate, screeching halt, stopped the vehicle, got out and gone and taken a leisurely 12 month long stroll through the famous hanging gardens of oh-my-fucking-god-that-was-so-close-and-I-am-going-to-take-several-months-or-years-to-reflect-on-my-life-to-make-sure-that-I-continue-to-have-one..

I guess while I share your appreciation of the chemical art-form that is Gascid - I was also burned by the light - ad I implore you to consider your future very carefully. Chronic pain has ruined much of my life since then - and owing to the consequences,I lost pretty much everything I had built, including my marriage. I could go on - but instead I will mention that while I posted this and warned of the chronic suffering I have endured-but I made no mention of the 'lost year' that is the first year immediately following the 'event' - and I prefer not to remember it - let alone relate it to anyone else. But some of the things that happened as a consequence... you just do *not* want to go there. If you're still reading this thread, let me know - and I will tell you just two things that happened to me. I don't even want to *think* about them, let alone paraded them in front of others - but if you think that there is *any* chance that you might walk down this road - despite my warnings, then let me know - and I will give you two mental snapshots of a place that I would way preferred to have been dead- and if I stood a chance of going through these things again - *would* kill myself before experiencing it.

Your attitude in this post really *scared* me - on your behalf. You just *cannot* afford to be cavalier about it. If you experienced any of the kinds of revelations that I did - if you see this experience through holy and humble eyes - then a part of you - no matter how small - knows that it's not just your life that is at stake - it's your immortal soul.

I will share even the horrors I'd prefer to never think of again, if it would in any way contribute to you avoiding a consequence that you would regret more than all your life's regrets combined, and from which you would never, ever fully recover.

Sorry - I didn't mean to get all preachy on you. But i *know* how you feel about this thing - and I can even validate it for you - but if you disrespect the Holy, too often for too long, you *will* be burned by the light.

Don't forget what happened to Adam...

Take care of yourself. If you ever need to talk about any of this, please do not hesitate to talk to me.

The Merry Prankster

What a fascinating story... and thanks for the insight on longterm n2o effects.. and this gascid concoction sounds truly epic..

I have a very short attention span when reading long posts like that usually, but I managed to read all of that in one go - which really means a lot, especially considering the fact that I am stoned right now.
It was amazing. You are a superb wordsmith and although I myself am a writer I feel nothing next to what you wrote.
I LOVE nitrous so much as well. Luckily, I am usually only able to use it a few times a year. I would use it soo much more if it were easier. And one day it may be easier for me to consume more, so I will pay attention to your words.
Thanks for the amazing story.

hey dude, yes i'm still reading this thread. in fact i've been checking up on this thread for many days now waiting for your reply on my comments.
Yes I will try to cut back that is for sure. After last few weekends' big binging I can feel I am feening for Nos again during the week. which is not good at all. haven't feen'd for nos for a long long time now. I will try my best and cut back to doing once a month or so again. Hopefully can find some nice acid to combine with the session. Then I will put the nos away for another month or so to minimise long term damage to my braincell(s). :)

Best Wishes again

headdah

On impure nitrous. Im a frequent user of nitrous. Earlier the merryprankster mentioned something about impure nitrous, nitrous that does not deliver the same buzz and seems well "dirtier" i guess. And this may be accurate as im certain that ive had some brands of nitrous that were better then others so im wondering if anyone knows about specific brands that might be impure and thus dangerous. I dont really want to be inhaling tainted nitrous, and it seems as if cartridges should be held at a high standard in the first place but what do i know really. Does anybody know more on the subject?

Lovely post Merry, I greatly hope that you can get yourself back into good shape and I definitely feel for your chronic pain.

One thing I'm amazed at is how many people are just gobsmacked by the thought of combining LSD and N20...I thought everyone had done that.

On impure nitrous. Im a frequent user of nitrous. Earlier the merryprankster mentioned something about impure nitrous, nitrous that does not deliver the same buzz and seems well "dirtier" i guess. And this may be accurate as im certain that ive had some brands of nitrous that were better then others so im wondering if anyone knows about specific brands that might be impure and thus dangerous. I dont really want to be inhaling tainted nitrous, and it seems as if cartridges should be held at a high standard in the first place but what do i know really. Does anybody know more on the subject?

I'm not sure if this is the thread for this but I have always wondered what the black grease-like residue that is left on the cracker after doing a bunch of balloons is. Doesn't look to healthy to me.

I have a very short attention span when reading long posts like that usually, but I managed to read all of that in one go - which really means a lot, especially considering the fact that I am stoned right now.
It was amazing. You are a superb wordsmith and although I myself am a writer I feel nothing next to what you wrote.
I LOVE nitrous so much as well. Luckily, I am usually only able to use it a few times a year. I would use it soo much more if it were easier. And one day it may be easier for me to consume more, so I will pay attention to your words.
Thanks for the amazing story.

Thanks you so much! You are one of a few people who left similar observations - that is - that they were not into reading long posts, almost never did, and wanted to let me know that the fact that they did is a statement in itself as to how much they appreciated my efforts. I have overwhelmed by the sheer *volume* of responses to this post. I had *expected* most people would read a page or so at most, and upon realizing the length of the post - skimmed through the rest-maybe stopping to read a few highlights that stood out.

The actual number of people who made a comment complaining about the length of the post was 1 (one)! He/She was the first person to post a comment, and it was simply "there is no way in hell i can read all of this". Everyone else who commented had something positive to say. I appear to have hit different people in different places. Some have automatically offered me their sympathy. Others have zoomed into the neuro-science and biochemistry in an attempt to offer me a potential solution, and others in addition to this have really enjoyed the actual artistry of my writing. I have wantedto write something for others to see for years - decades really - and I always knew that when I wrote - it would be a psychedelic writing of some sort. There was nothing else that I really wanted to write about.

The night that I wrote it (yeah - I wrote it in a single sitting - ir took about 4 hours straight) was a truly inspired moment in my lift. it was one of those times that I was able to pull the very best of my talents and gifts and pour it out into a story that I have wanted to tell for most of my adult life. I would like to continue writing - and have posted a lot more in here - search for it. In fact a number of people asked me to put their names on a list and email them if I posted anything new - which I did ( but I have not written for months owing to personal time constraints).

I'll stop the sermon and just say that it has really meant a *lot* to me to have had the good fortune to have had people like yourself take the time to go through such a detailed and intense piece of writing. I had ultimately hoped only that *one* person read it all the way through and enjoyed it. Instead I got - I don't know - at least 50 by now - really, really positive responses.

Thanks - to all of you.

tmp

http://www.bestwhip.com/

These guys *claim* to have pure product. While being cautious, it is clear that they understand the distinction, and guarantee the real deal. I have not tried them yet - mostly cause I'm too poor (lol) - but they're cheap - and they ship. If you test them, please let me know. (I don't believe that saying this stuff is inappropriate as it's all legal.)

Lovely post Merry, I greatly hope that you can get yourself back into good shape and I definitely feel for your chronic pain.

One thing I'm amazed at is how many people are just gobsmacked by the thought of combining LSD and N20...I thought everyone had done that.

Acid used to be a lot stronger than it is these days. I must have done 25 different 'flavours of Gascid'. All sorts of dosages too - and different times into the acid. I perfected a kind of Gascidic Yoga - where the hits of Nitrous are done with Yogic breahting techniques. I have created all sorts of technological light driven toys - designed - in essence - an experience. Lots of specific optical technology (hypnotic - a very different reality in the Gascid realm). Imagine having someone hypnotize you while on Gascid. I successfully designed a number of experiences - designed to be experienced while on Nitrous and LSD. What I did for 25 odd years was design musical light shows - all choreographed to go with the Gascid experience. I successfully took a couple of very close friends on a journey across the universe. I found a 'place' and built a bridge to it - so that I could always return and explore the island.

The key problem with Nitrous was than when you came back - you always forgot where you were. I found a reliable way to overcome this. As such it feels alomost like I know everything that there is to know - but I need Nitrous (or gascid) to remember it. Fortunately I have also, over the years, developed a way of remembering, and even bringing back something from the gascid realm to this realm - a way of remembering the thought, normally kind of too complex for our brains to comprehend - and bringing that thought - in its entirety back to earthly memory. And I can go back any time, to retrieve whatever I want from all that I have learned. I've managed to mix technology and drugs to create a reliable, and partly controllable, 'place'. A stable 'wormhole'. One that I can visit any time (as long as I have the chemicals), and to which I can also guide someone else (and have successfully done so) if they really want to go. Gascid to me extends way beyond the chemistry. I built a sort of space/time machine to explore it - and plot it so that the next time I return, I can start where I left off the previous time.

LOL

You must realize by now that I am quite, quite,mad...

:))

hey dude, yes i'm still reading this thread. in fact i've been checking up on this thread for many days now waiting for your reply on my comments.
Yes I will try to cut back that is for sure. After last few weekends' big binging I can feel I am feening for Nos again during the week. which is not good at all. haven't feen'd for nos for a long long time now. I will try my best and cut back to doing once a month or so again. Hopefully can find some nice acid to combine with the session. Then I will put the nos away for another month or so to minimise long term damage to my braincell(s). :)

Best Wishes again

headdah

Hi,

The thing about doing the Nitrous by itself is that it goes *so* quickly. Tolerance builds up quickly. If you do it on top of acid and really take your time and enjoy the space. Nitrous by itself is quite the waste. Even smoking a good hit of pot will make a difference.

I don't know if this is too public a forum to discuss it, but I'd be reallycurious as to your relationship with Nitrous - the kinds of experiences you hve had- what you make of it all. I have done almost all of my journeying alone - there have been very few partners - and I took myself quite seriously for a while. I kept diaries - notes - I recorded sessions, all kinds of stuff.

If you're into it, I'd love it if you would tell me a little about your experiences - anything that you can put into words (as they are such an inefficient tool when it comes to trying to explain the profound).

While I have journeyed so far, almost all of it has been alone.

Care to Share?

tmp

Wow great story! I was headed down the same path as you last year doing atleast 20 boxes a week, it was not until my feet started to go numb that i was able to take a step back and realize the damage i was doing to my self. Stupidly being addicted i didnt take as much of a huge step back as i probably should have & it took a while to get out of the grip nitrous had on me. The numbness in my feet is still there today also im unable to bend my toes properly, its fucking scary to think if i had of kept up that life style i had my situation would be far worse.

I still use nitrous from time to time maybe a couple of times a month depending on my financial situation but between the high cost and the fact my tolerance is so high that even after long breaks nitrous just does not have that same magic it once had its becoming less & less desirable.

Some of your experiences with acid/nos sound so very much like mine from working out the entire universe, laughing about it all only to have it all dissolve away and be dragged back into reality. The knowledge that nos gave me is what made it so damn addictive as i was trying to work everything out & getting frustrated that i could grasp it all for a second only to loose it again.

Anyways thanks for sharing your story its something that will stick with me & hopefully keep me from falling back into the nitrous trap down the road :)

Hi MerryPrankster

shit i'm going have to do some nitrous to find out why nitrous addicts are douglas adams addicts. a universal truth in seekers of universal truths.

indeed one of my nitrous thoughts (remember only because it was thought of when i was coming down) was perhaps the reason for forgetting the answer was because I didn't know the question!

your story reminds me of my old days (of many addictions) of using nitrous. Nitrous gives you a saltatory effect albeit with instant memory loss.

Apart from some personal issues i have always wondered this about Nitrous:

Was the drug itself reasonable for titillating a certain part of my brain or was it allowing my brain to break barriers and accessing previously inaccessible information? Perhaps I don't make any sense on this. It has been years since I have chased (seriously) the nitrous cloud of deja vu and truth. But I could never separate a feeling of whether there was any fact in the reality that nitrous was a drug that truly allowed for the transceding of our reality to that of where access to everything and anything was granted albeit for a sweet few minutes at best.

I remember riding that never ending feeling of deja vu, of knowing the truth about some personal issues, of escaping the terrible layers of loss, riding a though into a totality of truth . Like that song you have with your first love (that always takes you back) nitrous allowed me to go back to (ironically) that first love.

I constantly tried to push the dose, if only I could inhale for longer, and longer. I would get deeper into it. I too felt a mad man pushing not for some psychonaut desire to find the truth of the universe (that was just a secondary aim) but really a selfish one to escape back into those feelings of old.

I would hyperventilate and hold my breath whilst inhaling 3 bulbs. Taking one breath I would load another 3 or 4 until I would find myself going through at least 100 up to 200 bulbs. (sometimes more). I no longer remember how frequently this ritual was but it seemed very regular, daily perhaps, perhaps not all the time I do remember acid, MDMA and speed punctuating that existences. Some days after binging I would find myself waking up in the morning from lying on my desk all night, wondering what had happened.

Nitrous gave me hope of reliving a moment of my life that mere words cannot describe and I hate it for letting me get travel to that feeling, that moment, that truth, letting me enter only to find out that after I leave I had to surrender all that I learnt, felt, loved, desired, wanted at the fucking door of comedown.

In frustration I tried to type, write my experience, i thought i was only to discover that in my delusions I was typing but found the reality to be empty of anything meaningful. The bitch nitrous made it clear I would know it held the key to the door but that truth was never going out the doorway.

Perhaps i was addicted to nitrous. after my intense 12 months of experimentation of pushing the bubble I got bored and sick of it. Add several days of speed binge, lots of bugs, and subsequence psychoses (i'm terrible sensitive to pretty much all drugs) I gave up much of everything (well to the extent that those old days dictated).

Its funny. In some ways I miss my even older days of innocecent nitrous use. I remember going through an entire case of nitrous (we purchased three entire supermarkets worth of nitrous stock on the pretence it was for a family business - hell we were fifteen and had $3 grand to spend) of my more useful nitrous use. Lying in the bush, listening to Mad Professors "No Protection" (there is no greater nitrous bulbing music then that one CD, ever, period), watching the trees sway back and forth, and feeling time and slow down to planck time.

I remember days of making love on nitrous (difficult but achievable), the desire to kiss and just fuck like mad. Then again that;s why i still bother to do the odd nitrous now days :)

These days every and now then I play with it, just a few boxes here and there. I am somewhat over the immediate hangover, the feeling that I just dropped a few million cells. The grogginess that you cannot shake etc

I never got any numbness or anything worse then passing out however i guess i was just lucky.

oh lastly Nitrous is my curer for any hangover (alcoholic)

Thanks MerryPrankster for sharing your story (my apologies for the hijack).

PS. All of this reminds of me of one my friends who used to steal tanks of nitrous from public hospitals. Where they would tape up the room vents and open the tank up. Other times they would connect the masks up and just spend hours inhaling nitrous.

They were always in for the high so I never bothered them with questions of the universe but oh man it nearly encouraged me to do it. Lucky for me (as i'm a terrible thief) I stopped doing drugs (for awhile).

Last edited:
Hi MerryPrankster

shit i'm going have to do some nitrous to find out why nitrous addicts are douglas adams addicts. a universal truth in seekers of universal truths.

indeed one of my nitrous thoughts (remember only because it was thought of when i was coming down) was perhaps the reason for forgetting the answer was because I didn't know the question!

your story reminds me of my old days (of many addictions) of using nitrous. Nitrous gives you a saltatory effect albeit with instant memory loss.

Apart from some personal issues i have always wondered this about Nitrous:

Was the drug itself reasonable for titillating a certain part of my brain or was it allowing my brain to break barriers and accessing previously inaccessible information? Perhaps I don't make any sense on this. It has been years since I have chased (seriously) the nitrous cloud of deja vu and truth. But I could never separate a feeling of whether there was any fact in the reality that nitrous was a drug that truly allowed for the transceding of our reality to that of where access to everything and anything was granted albeit for a sweet few minutes at best.

I remember riding that never ending feeling of deja vu, of knowing the truth about some personal issues, of escaping the terrible layers of loss, riding a though into a totality of truth . Like that song you have with your first love (that always takes you back) nitrous allowed me to go back to (ironically) that first love.

I constantly tried to push the dose, if only I could inhale for longer, and longer. I would get deeper into it. I too felt a mad man pushing not for some psychonaut desire to find the truth of the universe (that was just a secondary aim) but really a selfish one to escape back into those feelings of old.

I would hyperventilate and hold my breath whilst inhaling 3 bulbs. Taking one breath I would load another 3 or 4 until I would find myself going through at least 100 up to 200 bulbs. (sometimes more). I no longer remember how frequently this ritual was but it seemed very regular, daily perhaps, perhaps not all the time I do remember acid, MDMA and speed punctuating that existences. Some days after binging I would find myself waking up in the morning from lying on my desk all night, wondering what had happened.

Nitrous gave me hope of reliving a moment of my life that mere words cannot describe and I hate it for letting me get travel to that feeling, that moment, that truth, letting me enter only to find out that after I leave I had to surrender all that I learnt, felt, loved, desired, wanted at the fucking door of comedown.

In frustration I tried to type, write my experience, i thought i was only to discover that in my delusions I was typing but found the reality to be empty of anything meaningful. The bitch nitrous made it clear I would know it held the key to the door but that truth was never going out the doorway.

Perhaps i was addicted to nitrous. after my intense 12 months of experimentation of pushing the bubble I got bored and sick of it. Add several days of speed binge, lots of bugs, and subsequence psychoses (i'm terrible sensitive to pretty much all drugs) I gave up much of everything (well to the extent that those old days dictated).

Its funny. In some ways I miss my even older days of innocecent nitrous use. I remember going through an entire case of nitrous (we purchased three entire supermarkets worth of nitrous stock on the pretence it was for a family business - hell we were fifteen and had $3 grand to spend) of my more useful nitrous use. Lying in the bush, listening to Mad Professors "No Protection" (there is no greater nitrous bulbing music then that one CD, ever, period), watching the trees sway back and forth, and feeling time and slow down to planck time.

I remember days of making love on nitrous (difficult but achievable), the desire to kiss and just fuck like mad. Then again that;s why i still bother to do the odd nitrous now days :)

These days every and now then I play with it, just a few boxes here and there. I am somewhat over the immediate hangover, the feeling that I just dropped a few million cells. The grogginess that you cannot shake etc

I never got any numbness or anything worse then passing out however i guess i was just lucky.

oh lastly Nitrous is my curer for any hangover (alcoholic)

Thanks MerryPrankster for sharing your story (my apologies for the hijack).

PS. All of this reminds of me of one my friends who used to steal tanks of nitrous from public hospitals. Where they would tape up the room vents and open the tank up. Other times they would connect the masks up and just spend hours inhaling nitrous.

They were always in for the high so I never bothered them with questions of the universe but oh man it nearly encouraged me to do it. Lucky for me (as i'm a terrible thief) I stopped doing drugs (for awhile).

Oh - how beautifully put.

Thank you!

I will try to respond properly as soon as I have a little free time to let loose my thoughts.

:))

tmp

Hi MerryPrankster

I better not try nitrous, then. :p

... though, someday, when I'm more experienced with acid, I'll try them both.

I had a ongoing nitrous habit for a while, and it was a time when i was in withdrawal from benzos....

Wonder if I damaged my brain...

Did some recently (its been years), and the same images came back. I had forced my self to remember some code in the middle of some nitrous binge in those years past. This same come came back, the number eight and some other things. I heard "now you remember". I had some more I would have probably remember the whole thing, but id rather not...

Nitrous is good in easing one to sleep though, one or two hits, then lie back....

Imagine how much crazier it would have been if you added ketamine to the mix!

Incredible read! :D

I'm sorry to hear how it all ended up, but it sounds like one hell of a ride. Thanks for posting. I think it's great for nitrous users to read - hopefully it would be enough to stop them potentially going over the edge. Sure is for me. :)

I'm interested to know: given all that you've been through, would you rather have lived your life as you have with the ultimate highs and unbearable lows, or have never tried nitrous at all and lived a more "normal" life?

Good luck with everything <3

Edit: I only just realised how long this thread is. I haven't read it all so sorry if this has already been answered...