View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous and laughing

Renald

Bluelighter
I and my girlfriend, both have clinical depression episodes and panic attacks do not feel any urge to laugh on nitrous. For me it is kind of physical drunk feeling with quite a sober mind. For she the effects also look similar. Some people laugh on "laughing gas" very hard.
My idea is maybe people with some mental disorders cannot feel laughing aspect of nitrous?

The only times Ive laughed on nos was the first time I tried it and when Ive been really drunk

William James made the following poem on N2O:"Hogamus higgamus, man is polygamous. Higgamus hogamus, woman is monogamous".

My friends and I have done quite a bit of nitrous the past half year, and only a handful of times someone started laughing from it, when it was combined with lsd, and the nitrous made em experience something insane.

Should we analyse neurophysiology of laughter to understand why it happens so selectively to different people?

I think that the term laughing gas is somewhat of a misnomer; at the very least I've definitely seen people appear to laugh because they thought they were supposed to do so.

That said, I have laughed on nitrous before and it was always accompanied by a deep sense of getting something and knowing I wasn't meant to know about it. There are a variety of different recurring themes on nitrous though; it is simply one of many.

We both are on duloxetine and low dose clonazepam. Maybe this can influence the effects of nitrous? I dont even ever felt something more than a slight dissociation on it, and my mind is always almost sober, I can easily read a technical book when on nitrous,just a little slower. But I can feel physical symptoms of unsteady walk, but nowhere as strong as when on medium dose of alcohol.

Depends on how you are taking the nitrous.

If you are using bulbs then the short action is unlikely to lead most people to giggle. If you are hooked up to a medical regulator I defy anyone not to end up laughing uncontrollably at 50:50 Nos:O2

I have large nitrous tank, from which I fill about 10-20 liters into a balloon. As I have no oxygen, I need to hyperventilate based either on SpO2, or on the time past after the last inspiration, so I cannot maintain 50% steady nitrous flow. Yes, I can maintain even a pure nitrous flow for 10-20 seconds inhaling the balloon into lungs, exhaling it and inhaling again without taking air. I have calculated approximate nitrous concentration I take based on respiratory rate, balloon volume and time it takes me to use. My approximate calculations showed I use about 1 liter of nitrous when I am using it for recreational purposes and about twice this amount when "pushing the limits" (I am afraid of hypoxia and do not try to use larger amounts in shorter time). When in at full rest and being a small man, I use about 5 liters of air a minute, it looks my concentration is 20-40%. Due to unsteady flow of nitrous (inhaling once a half minute-minute), immediately after the inspiration the momentum concentration can reach 50%, I think.