• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Sunday Telegraph - 16/08/09 'Most Aussies drink four coffees a day'

As much as i'd like to agree, I think there's a world of difference. You ever heard of anyone sucking dick for a macchiato???

Having said that how far can you go? Perhaps sugar is a more widely abused drug?

Hahahaahahah! No, but I tell you I'm not nice to be around after 48+ hours of no caffeine.

It's good that Australians get reminded that caffeine is a drug, and an addictive one at that. One that almost a third of the population is addicted to.

To me the term "junkie" applies as much to the queue of people waiting for a latte at a train station in the morning as it does to someone hanging out for smack.

Although i see where you're coming from mate, there's really no denying that smack consumes ones life alot quicker and thoroughly than caffeine.

Not to mention caffeine habit is much easier to maintain, but that is more a matter of circumstance.

Well so far today ive had 2-3 latte's and 2 red bulls spaces 2-3 hours apart and I never felt buzzed once, like that is a problem and I certainly dont think im addicted to caffiene, some days I dont even drink 1 coffee but then theres days where I just love to have a few each day. Im not one of those people who drink coffee purely due to the caffiene(I think thats stupid, buy no-doze if thats what your after), though caffiene does help me a lot on those days where im just tired and dont want to do anything, I genuinely enjoy trying different coffee strains and I really love the taste of a latte, its one of my favourite drinks and id drink decaf late if I had to, but im far from addicted. Caffiene also has health benefits which I wont get into now but if someone bitches sayig "what benefits does caffiene have" I will explain but i couldnt be bothered...they can do a search anyway.

And unless you have health problems or yo go nuts from too much caffiene then I dont even see a problem with being addicted to coffee/caffiene, its safe in reasonable quantities.

Plus I highly doubt Australians have the highest rate of coffee addicts. I went to Europe last year and italians drink cp after cup of short blacks which is really strong and at least here in australia we dont mix alcohol such as baileys or kahlua with every coffee like some European countries therefore being an alcoholic AND caffiene addict.

This article is pretty "stupid"...lol sorry I coulnt come up with any intelligents terms coz im faded atm, but yer, its bogus.

^If you didn't get even a 'buzz' from that much caffeine, then I'd say there's more than a slight chance you have an addiction.

Amphetamine use can prevent one from getting a buzz from caffeine. I know personally that I wont get a buzz at all from caffeine but rather feel awake and like I can function a little better, hardly what I would call a buzz.

As to the negative effects of caffeine I used to know a guy who got dizzy spells and occassionally fainted. They drank LOTS of red bull each day, they also smoked a lot of ciggies and were a heavy dope smoker and used amphetamines quite regularly.

When they went to the doctor he was told it was to do with all the energy drinks. I am unaware if the doctor was informed of all the other drugs but once they stopped drinking so much red bull these problems went away. I think the doc actually blamed taurine more than caffeine though, not sure as this was a few years ago now.

Amphetamine use can prevent one from getting a buzz from caffeine. I know personally that I wont get a buzz at all from caffeine but rather feel awake and like I can function a little better, hardly what I would call a buzz.

As to the negative effects of caffeine I used to know a guy who got dizzy spells and occassionally fainted. They drank LOTS of red bull each day, they also smoked a lot of ciggies and were a heavy dope smoker and used amphetamines quite regularly.

When they went to the doctor he was told it was to do with all the energy drinks. I am unaware if the doctor was informed of all the other drugs but once they stopped drinking so much red bull these problems went away. I think the doc actually blamed taurine more than caffeine though, not sure as this was a few years ago now.

That's odd, I always thought taurine was fairly inactive and was mostly just a marketting gimmick.

I don't know shit about taurine all I know is what I was told a few years ago. It might not be 100% accurate like I said but this dude was fainting and the doctor blamed energy drinks, when he stopped drinking them the dizzy spells and fainting stopped.

I really am fairly certain that he said the doctor blamed taurine but we all know doctors aren't always as smart as many people think, especially when it comes to drugs. It is also worth bearing in mind that this was a few years and a lot of devoured drugs ago.