Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Heroin death fears for club ravers

jasd12

Greenlighter
Well, according to the advertiser.. anyone other adelaidians see the article in yesterdays paper? Apparently there's pills called 'brown afghanistans' going around adelaide that contain heroin. Pretty sure its bullshit,, we all know heroin in pills is prettymuch unheard of.. they didnt provide any source to how they know this and havent seen any news of it anywhere else... but it did provided a great source of ammunition for my know it all anti drug brother to get stuck into me about the dangers of pills,, i mean, its in the newspaper so has to be true..

Last edited:
hi back..
yeah saw it, one in today's advertiser 2. sounds bit strange i rekon, seen brown rounds but none called afghani or anything, and none that would have had any smack put in em. the weak article should have given a proper description if it cared about the saftey off users, not just 'brown speckled' which could be just about anything when yr in a club or something. i googled it and came up with few recent articles saying sydney and adelaide are now seeing influx of brown heroin cause users now prefer it but they didnt seem to have a source or any credibility either... wanna see more just to find out iff its true, if it is im sure someone will know for sure after we love sound this weekend and watever else is on!!!

safe tripping8o

You never know, but still BA HA AHAHAHAHAHA!

Slap your brother for me and give him the bluelight addy

Psilo

Well, according to the advertiser.. anyone other adelaidians see the article in yesterdays paper? Apparently there's pills called 'brown afghanistans' going around adelaide that contain heroin. Pretty sure its bullshit,, we all know heroin in pills is prettymuch unheard of.. they didnt provide any source to how they know this and havent seen any news of it anywhere else... but it did provided a great source of ammunition for my know it all anti drug brother to get stuck into me about the dangers of pills,, i mean, its in the newspaper so has to be true..

Yeah I usually have some heroin based X to help me come down after I've had my cocaine or speed based X at the beginning of the night...but stay away from the mescaline based pills man, they trip you out real bad!

It's just another typical uninformed drug story. It makes no sense to put heroin in pills; it has poor oral bioavailability, and it would just be a waste of money to use it as a cut. Meth would be a much better option for drug dealers to use; at least it actually provides some of the effects X users are looking for. :\

i googled it and came up with few recent articles saying sydney and adelaide are now seeing influx of brown heroin cause users now prefer it but they didnt seem to have a source or any credibility either

An influx of brown heroin pills or just brown heroin in general?

The advertiser would have to be one of the least reputable papers in Aus. Clearly no one is going to put Heroin into E pills - its worth more than MDMA, and it doesn't work very well orally. The only "logical" explanation I can think of is that the brown heroin was in a capsule, and someone jumped to the conclusion that it was meant to be an E pill. Since this is the advertiser though, the only logic required was probably "this scare tactic will sell a few more papers".

Drug dealer touches some heroin, drug dealer then touches some pills... pill later gets tested by police and turns up positive for heroin, newspaper reports that pills are packed with heroin and if you take pills you will die.

If I was a dealer, and I was as dodgy as most dealers and people in the industry are, I would be better served cutting and repressing pills with, diphenhydramine, caffeine, methamphetamine, DXM or MDEA.

I dont think the pills have been tested or proven to have heroin in them... rekon the journo who wrote it, or the journo's source is thinkin along the lines of 'hmm pills called brown afghanistans with brown specks, well afghanistan produces heaps of heroin, and heroin here is brown, so thats whats obviously in the pills.' article even stated how cheap u can obtain a 10 pack of them for... woulda thought heroin in pills woulda been a bit more expensive than normal prices! would it be a world first, to find a batch of pills selling as ecstacy proven to have heroin in them??

Last edited:
jasd12 said:
I dont think the pills have been tested or proven to have heroin in them... rekon the journo who wrote it, or the journo's source is thinkin along the lines of 'hmm pills called brown afghanistans with brown specks, well afghanistan produces heaps of heroin, and heroin here is brown, so thats whats obviously in the pills.' article even stated how cheap u can obtain a 10 pack of them for... woulda thought heroin in pills woulda been a bit more expensive than normal prices! would it be a world fist, to find a batch of pills selling as ecstacy proven to have heroin in them??

Could we possibly get the article so we can see how exactly it is that they made the conclusion that there was heroin in the pills?

Pistachio said:
Could we possibly get the article so we can see how exactly it is that they made the conclusion that there was heroin in the pills?
I read the paper at work so dont have it on me now... cant find it anywhere online either. will get it tomorrow if no one else has it?

Sounds like a nice trip.. where do we get them?

I would love to start a thread collating all the australian paper articles that turn out to be bogus... would be funny.

I would say that I read something in the local paper every week that is just downright untrue.

Yeah I usually have some heroin based X to help me come down after I've had my cocaine or speed based X at the beginning of the night...but stay away from the mescaline based pills man, they trip you out real bad!

funny mofo thats right hey...
article said just brown afghani h in general, locals making these alledged 'smacky' pills. its comming in apparently cause its cheaper then asian white stuff and its smokeable. even an article says that rudd try'd to get us to help him wipe out poppie fields in afganistan cause it would directly affect S.A. drug trade.. almost laughable i think considering they make up bout %90 of world heroin..

got the article here in font off me but no way to get it on comp..

Source courtesy of newstext

Edition 2 - MetroWED 04 JUN 2008, Page 005
Heroin death fears for club ravers
By MATT WILLIAMS, CITY EDITOR

ADELAIDE is being flooded with dangerous heroin-laced ecstasy pills for the first time, sparking fears of drug overdoses, deaths and addiction.
Legal sources have told The Advertiser batches of ``afghani brown'' pills are being sold in the lead-up to three major dance and rave events over the next month, including two this weekend.
Dealers are selling them in 10-packs for as little as $150.
Legislation introduced three months ago, which gives police the power to use sniffer dogs to search people at entertainment venues, is yet to pass State Parliament.
``A warning needs to be out there because there are a heap of rave parties coming up in Adelaide. The drugs have been here for the past two or three weeks and we need to stop these kids from killing themselves,'' one source, who did not wish to be named, said. ``The afghani browns, or brown-speckled pills, contain brown heroin produced from opium in Afghanistan and it's a great danger to those who take it, especially smaller females.''
The Drug and Alcohol Services SA website states ``people who regularly use specific drugs, such as ecstasy and methamphetamine, regularly use these drugs at nightclubs, pubs and live music events, including raves and dance parties.''
DASSA clinical services director Associate Professor Robert Ali said it had not yet received ``any direct reports'' of heroin-laced ecstasy in SA.
Section: NEWS

what a shitty article... apparently we've been flooded with them. no one i know has even heard of em, no reports on pillreports or anything... wonder who these 'legal sources' are?

Heroin based pill's WTF why why why? Heroin would be too expensive to put into pill's why would they even bother.... Also people buy pill's top go PING not to nod off so their would be hardly any money to be made.

I hate people that put shit into pill's which is pretty much every pill these days... It fucking sucks big time.

Legislation introduced three months ago, which gives police the power to use sniffer dogs to search people at entertainment venues, is yet to pass State Parliament.

Ahhh... now it makes sense. The article is to raise awareness of the dangers of horrible, nasty drugs so people can write to their local MPs to demand the legislation gets passed.

Just the usual sensationalist BS imo. The worst thing that comes out of this is that I'm going to have to sit and clench my teeth through hearing 'omg these pills are so munty I've got no energy at all must be those heroin pills going around' outsides clubs for the next week or two.

I love the last line. "DASSA clinical services director Associate Professor Robert Ali said it had not yet received ``any direct reports'' of heroin-laced ecstasy in SA."

Kinda like saying, "Listen to all this crazy stuff we are claiming... ... ... but just in case it isn't true here is a disclaimer."

Heroin in our pingers

What a fuckin joke.

If anyone really thinks their goin to die from gear laced pingers then u need to find another hobbie to learn up on.

Firstly, GEAR = MONEY - Why would ANYONE put expensive H into a less expensive pinger??

Secondly, If Mr.X had good Heroin capable of killing a raver in 1-2 pills via this method, Why would he waste it on a party person spening $12 - 50 per pill for the thrill. Certinally if Mr.X was stocked up he would sell this to addicts/recreationalists - that are willing to spend $25 - 50 for 1/10gram.

I suggest the 'Adelaide Advertiser' Go fuck itself for it's next story.

Anyway thats just my rant. Its definately possible im fucked and sitting on mars while i write this.

Last edited: