• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun (12/9/02) : 'Ecstasy pills' probably rat poison

If I ever got something dodgy in the past (or now for that matter), before the days of readily-accessible testers, I always assumed it to be my fault, not the dealers, as it was ME that consumed, and the dealer did NOT exactly force the gear into my mouth now did they?
But Ive since learned (ie 5+ years ago) and testers are easy to get and CHEAP (yes, $70 for an EZ Extreme or thereabouts is cheap insurance IMHO) so the likelihood of getting something dodgy is slim.

Hmmm...maybe we just caught the mods on a bad day, or maybe they just really dont give a fuck if you stuff up and hurt yourself I dunno but the attitudes shown in this post haven't reflected the thoughts I've seen in most other posts around here.
The sentiments I have read and can agree with but the way in which they have been posted here are certainly not conductive to the happy little community I'm sure you wish for in this web-site.
Pleo I'm sorry if I offended you by quoting what I did, but that particular line offended me and my thoughts on the matter. I'm a strong beliver in the fact that people (belive it or not) fuck up sometimes. I also belive that when people DO fuck up it is in the best interest of society to help that person understand what he/she has done and what to do to correct this mistake.
So tell people all you like that it's best to check pills etc etc, but dont come down all high and mighty on their arses by berating them when/if they stuff up.
I mean what if someone came and posted here with a topic like "Trip report-Bad pills, My brother died and 5 friends in Hospital" would you post a reply along the lines of "Good! The stupid fuckers should've tested their bunk-ass pills. Well at least thats one more fuckwit we dont have to worry about hey?" or would you just think it?
[ 16 September 2002: Message edited by: SoN_of_SaMurAi ]

I mean what if someone came and posted here with a topic like "Trip report-Bad pills, My brother died and 5 friends in Hospital" would you post a reply along the lines of "Good! The stupid fuckers should've tested their bunk-ass pills. Well at least thats one more fuckwit we dont have to worry about hey?" or would you just think it?Of course I wouldn't. I'm not fucking stupid. That didn't happen here though did it?
Meh... lets just agree to disagree... those 14 words in that one little sentence I wrote weren't meant to sum up my entire philosophy on harm minimisation, and so can everyone please stop fucking interpreting them as if they are. Check a few of my other 6000 odd posts and you'll see that they're not all like that... :)

BT: I guess what I'm getting at is someone has gone out of their way to put rat poison in capsules. What possible motives are there? Perhaps they were only meant to be reported as part of some anti-drug campaign. Or, considering rat poison is more expensive than powdered milk, maybe someone was trying to cause harm. Now all they would need to do is mix a bit of MDxx with the rat poison and it would test fine.

It is hard not to sound heartless when the 15th person in one night, who's pill you've tested as being full of k and god knows what else, says "nah i'm just going to take it it and see what happens"
Peole are fucking idiots and it gets depressing having to deal with that. Fuck anyone who questions Pleo's devotion to this cause, or mine, if we feel the need to say it like it is every now and again.

There is no difference in dieing when it comes to drug consumption. Pleo was right the first fucken time. Dieing from Rat Posion, dieing from drinking too much water, dieing from heat exhaustion, dieing from just plain.. too much fucken drugs. YOUR FUCKING DEAD. This is the home of harm reduction, and if a mod like Pleo has to scream and abuse people to save one life in this world. Then I say he's done his fucken job.

Werd up to da Pleo, BT & Johnboy massive.
If you don't test your pills, then you have absolutely NO right to bitch, complain or expect other than a bunk and possibly dangerous pill.
So frankly, if you die, you have only yourself to blame. Drug taking is your own responsibility, and nobody elses. As has been said before, if you don't take the care to research and test, nobody's gonna fucking do it for you.
-plaz out-

I actually completely agree with Pleo, BT, JB's comments.
But what if this hypothetical happened, however unlikely and illogical it would be.
Someone was sold caps, (or even pills) that tested perfectly for MDXX, looked like MDXX, tasted like MDXX.
This person died from consuming them and it was discovered the caps or pills also contained strychine. Now surely in this example you couldnt blame the drug user? The only person to blame would be the murderer who laced the caps and the society we live in whereby users are still forced to enter an often dangerous, criminal world in order to indulge in such substances.
(obviously u could still blame the user who chose to consume an illicit drug, but thats a given, and almost all people on this site are guilty of this at one time or another)
[ 21 September 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

Just thought I'd note that according to this new, highly detailed, accurate and thoroughly researched piece of cutting-edge journalism from Herald Sun:
RAT poison has been found in some seized capsules being passed off as the drug ecstasy, ACT police said.
... Nobody really knows whom they seized the caps from or even if they were 'seized' at all. If these caps were indeed going around, chances are someone would have gotten very ill and the gulls would then have swooped down on a much fatter story than that yawner. No more than fiction IMHO.
ps: To flog the horse a few more times, the issue here really isn't how Pleo worded his comment, it's the message behind it... and a fucking good one it is. Know your shit! Fair enough, youth, recklessness and indiscretion will always land people in trouble but the more people make an effort to educate themselves and stop blaming 'how things are' (even if they are not necessarily the ones taking the drugs) the higher the chances of preventing undesirable outcomes in general.