• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Fatal drug overdose from adulterated pills - PMMA

^Send our condolesces to his family. It's a terrible thing to lose someone to a drug overdose, and even worse to have the Media and Police hijack the tragic event and use it to push their own anti-drug agenda.

I'll wait until we have more solid information before I make a judgement of what happened. There is far too much hypothetical bullshit and "possible" happenings beeing flown around for my liking.

The Police and media are at least partly to blame for this persons death. They fill popular media with outright confusing and dangerous "advice". It's no wonder people don't listen to the authorities when they put out bullshit warnings scare tactics like this.

RIP the latest victim in The War on Personal Freedoms...

^Send our condolesces to his family. It's a terrible thing to lose someone to a drug overdose, and even worse to have the Media and Police hijack the tragic event and use it to push their own anti-drug agenda.

I'll wait until we have more solid information before I make a judgement of what happened. There is far too much hypothetical bullshit and "possible" happenings beeing flown around for my liking.

The Police and media are at least partly to blame for this persons death. They fill popular media with outright confusing and dangerous "advice". It's no wonder people don't listen to the authorities when they put out bullshit warnings scare tactics like this.

RIP the latest victim in The War on Personal Freedoms...

Word. If any one has the resources to investigate multiple incidences of this mispress/poison/drug, and get them tested… it is the government.

I'm paraphrasing here, but in the article quoted first, a police-bot said something like, "Drugs are bad,. And people should not be taking them." Well, as lacking in critical thinking skills and brain power as police individuals may be, it is their duty (in a just world) to release as much information about this compound as possible and give the citizens who pay their wages a better chance of avoiding compounds like this.

It sickens me to read statements like I quoted above. It's simply evidence of the police and the government using death to further their own agendas.

I know, I know, I'm just saying what most of us feel. Beating the dead horse (which I've always found a distasteful saying.) But that doesn't soothe my heartache when I hear about incidences like this where the authorities could actually use some of their powers to protect the people who pay their salaries. The manifestations of "civilization" should benefit us all.

RIP and condolences to those who have lost people dear to their hearts. And in a just world, I would hope that the powers that be would use some of their information to protect the public. Bastards all as it stands.

Jakeperson: Wait, so the hypothetical situation is did he take PMMA knowing what it was or not?

Either way it is a tragedy. Many deaths due to drugs would not happen if it were not for drug prohibition. If MDMA were legal, there would be no market for substances with huge physical side effect profiles such as this.

Regarding the police: true, they do use these incidents to further their own ends. At least though we live in a country where they let us know this is happening.

If MDMA were legal, there would be no market for substances with huge physical side effect profiles such as this.

I'd have to disagree (although maybe a good discussion for another thread). I think there still would be people who would (knowingly) take these drugs for sake of taking a "fringe" drug (MDMA wouldn't be considered this if legalised). Having said that, would there then still be enough demand for market? I don't know. A good example is how many cathinone analogues are out there and none of them still rank up there with ("good, old") methamphet. (Unfortunately?) There will always be people who are willing to.

** note that I am in no way saying that this guy knowingly ingested the PMMA (or whatever may have killed him)

^ The cathinone analogues as a rule though, don't have the side effect profile of PMMA. If PMMA were a lot more available, there would probably be a lot more overdoses and it would be avoided as much as possible.

I doubt the market would be big enough for it to be widely available, but of course everything is there if you look hard enough to find it.

^ The cathinone analogues as a rule though, don't have the side effect profile of PMMA.

True. What I was meaning was that there will always be people who take drug for the sake of, basically, doing something illegal. And/or the fact that there is a new drug (regardless of side affects). Take MPA for example - there maybe at most 2 good reports over in OD. :\ But I do agree with you Mr Blonde.

first off, of course the most upmost condolences for the man and his friends/family a life lost in anyway is always hard to go through. doesnt help when you have media chucking shit about PMMA being the main cause (if it wasnt) parents/family must feel such mixxed emotion.

stuff sounds incredibly nasty, if only traces where found in his body, means that there is high potentiall of this substance to gradually become stronger in our pill scene.

i must admit, i am suprised our absolute pathetic press/police didnt label it as, "ecstasy clamis a life'' cause we all know regardless of the contents its always ecstasy

great thread, only knowingly consumed PMA once at a very very low dosage and the key thing i foun personally. was my temperature soaring, felt like i was in a microwave.

I'm copying this from Seith's thread on bluelight, a big thanks to seith for taking the extra time to make it a seperate report on PMMA.

I am hopeful that most of you have heard about the fatal 'suspected PMMA overdose' by now though I'd like to put up a report here to further get the warning across about PMMA in Perth. Please take a moment to read the article below and both the Wikipedia and Pihkal entry.

I've said it so many times, please go out and purchase a test kit and please.. if it does not react the way you would have liked it to DO NOT TAKE THE PILL.

Any information anyone has about this please do the right thing and call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Lets keep this report clean and only used for useful information.

What Kind of Drug Is It?

PMA and PMMA are strong and dangerous drugs that have been linked to a number of deaths in North America, Australia, and Europe. PMA and PMMA are nearly identical in chemical make-up, and their effects on the body are essentially the same. For the purpose of this entry, PMA and PMMA will be discussed as one.

PMA is a synthetic hallucinogen, meaning that it is made in a laboratory and is a mind-altering drug. Derived from the Latin word allucinari, which means "to wander in the mind," hallucinogenic drugs alter the user's perception of reality, thought, or emotion, and can result in alternate states of consciousness or hallucinations, visions or other perceptions of things that are not really present.. PMA was known to have been used for a short time in the early 1970s in the United States and Canada and saw a comeback in the 1990s.

PMA is often sold as another synthetic hallucinogen called ecstasy (MDMA). Illegal drug makers often pass off PMA for ecstasy for several reasons: 1) Ecstasy is a popular party drug among teenagers and young adults; 2) PMA is cheaper to produce than ecstasy; and 3) PMA is similar in appearance, cost, and effect. However, PMA is far more dangerous than ecstasy. Its initial slow effect on the body sometimes causes users to take more of the drug because they think they have taken weak ecstasy. More drug can lead to overdose.

Official Drug Name: Paramethoxyamphetamine (PAH-ruh-meth-AHK-see-am-FETT-uh-meen) p-methoxyamphetamine, 4-methoxyamphetamine (all names for PMA); paramethoxymethamphetamine (PAH-ruh-meth-AHK-see-METH-am-fett-uh-meen; PMMA)

Combining PMA with other drugs, alcohol, or caffeine increases the risk of overdose. Those who have ingested PMA have reported breathing difficulties, nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms, and increased blood pressure and temperature. Those suffering from PMA overdose experience high body temperatures, sometimes resulting in convulsions, coma, and a complete shut down of the organs of the body. This fact has led to the drug's street name "death." Since PMA is sometimes sold as ecstasy, unsuspecting users are unprepared for the potential side effects of the more deadly drug.

Source: http://www.enotes.com/drugs-substances-encyclopedia/pma-pmma
http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=24872

Thanks again, and plz everyone stay the fuck away from these and if you hear what pill they are post asap. I think it's very irresponsible of the media/police to have not released what they were.

This story prompted me to go over the Government website for the first time in a while and see what they have to say about pills.

They say that you are more likely to get pills containing PMA AND (not or, they're talking combos here) methamphetamine (which they then incorrectly proceeded to call speed in brackets).
They claim the reason for this is because the ingredients are becoming harder and harder to find to make MDMA (Thanks to the Government, mm-yes)

Oh yeah and they're back on that liquefying organs bullshit as well.

Another death, to be blamed on the dealer, the pill manufacturers and of course our lying incompetent Government.

Much condolences to family and friends of this poor victim in the big game of politics.

EDIT: EH the more I read the more it SICKENS me!

Last edited: