Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS.com.au: Cops crash dance party

This_is_my_alias

Bluelighter
from http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20356539-5001021,00.html

Cops Crash Dance Party

RECREATIONAL drug users will be targeted by police at a major dance party in Sydney's west this weekend.

Officers from the Police Rescue squad, dog unit and commuter crime unit will attend the Transmission 10th Birthday event at the State Sports Centre, Homebush Bay, on Saturday night.

"The operation aims to ensure patrons at the event have a good time, are safe and discouraged from bringing or using illegal drugs,'' Flemington Local Area Commander Superintendent Peter Gallagher said today.

"Anybody who plans to take illegal substances to the dance party should think twice. You will be caught.''

Police also would target anti-social behaviour, Supt Gallagher said.

Representatives from the Sydney West Area Health Service will be involved in the operation, providing "in-the-field'' drug counselling and referral services.

The dance part organisers are fully supportive of the planned policing strategies, police said.
Up to 50,000 people are expected to attend the rave, which runs from 9pm Saturday to 7am Sunday.

stay tuned for repeat posts on same story

Police also would target anti-social behaviour, Supt Gallagher said

You'd be more likely to find more anti-social behaviour at a pub. And a rave without drugs? Fuk that!

Never seen any fights or anitsocial behaviour at any rave that I have been to

With that many people attending an event your bound to get a few idiots in the crowd. Having the police and decent security is a must for an event like that.

That doesn't mean the problems are caused by the drugs just sometimes the idiots are taking them.

Transmission on saturday has a capacity of 6,000 people. I think this is all going to be PR work for the media but those of us going will have to grin and bear it, get over it and still have an awesome night as it will still be a awesome party

Haha, I think it's a typo and they mean 5000!

Anyway, there are often dogs @ raves. Just play it safe. Don't take in 50 pills. Don't smoke weed b4 you go. Don't let the cops bug you.

I have no problems with cops @ events. They can deter ppl from fights etc. I do have issues with doggies. One, they encourage dangerous drug taking (ie, dumping all your pills b4 you go). And two, it means a whole section of the youth community develops a negative attitude towards the police.

RECREATIONAL drug users will be targeted by police at a major dance party in Sydney's west this weekend
I think that part is the most disturbing.. haven't studies from over a decade ago proven that targeting recreational drug users is not worth the hassle and that like ^ said it encourages behaviour that would be more dangerous had the police not had an heavy presence.. they could be bluffing though..

ilikeacid said:
I think that part is the most disturbing.. haven't studies from over a decade ago proven that targeting recreational drug users is not worth the hassle and that like ^ said it encourages behaviour that would be more dangerous had the police not had an heavy presence.. they could be bluffing though..

They like pretending that busting kids will put an end to the drug war.

With this kind of publicity before the event, there'll probably be media there as well. I'd suggest a good way to avoid sniffer dogs and their handlers would be to simply walk around and away from any news crews you see.

Having drug counselling services on-hand is an interesting move... even if it's just a reflection of the predominant law enforcement belief that there is no such thing as recreational drug use.

LOL how about we talk about...how to sneak it in...
is there a way u can package it without dogs smelling it?

Because its asked in every dog thread here.
And the answer remains the same..

Hide it deep in your spleen.

News: 25 arrested at dance party

[EDIT: Threads merged. Thanks for posting. hoptis]

More than 25 arrested at dance party

More than 25 arrested at dance party

September 10, 2006 - 7:59AM

Police have arrested more than 25 people at a major dance party event at Homebush Bay in Sydney's west.

The arrests were for possession of illegal drugs, including ketamine, ecstasy, amphetamine and cannabis.

Several people were charged with possession and with supplying prohibited drugs, and were granted bail to appear at Burwood Local Court next month.

Police say last night's operation was conducted in co-operation with event organisers, and drug detection dogs were used throughout the night.

Sydney West Area Health Service staff also attended the party, providing drug counselling and referral services.

Police say they'll continue to target illegal drug use at dance party events.

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd they know it was ketamine straight away. Do they use colour testing on site or in the cop shop or something before sending to a lab or go by what they get out of them?

they would have those little clear plastic testers customs use wouldn't they? or then again probably just media hype :p

I didn't see a single dog all night, but saw thousands of people off tap. I was talking to a female officer in the wee hours of the morning and she was rather impressed by the crowd as there were large numbers of people in such a confined space and she hadn't heard of a single major incident all night. Well done party goers for making this large event a really safe event.

I was sniffed by a labrador on my way in. No dramas as I don't usually take illegal drugs at events and especially not at ones with such media attention (just isn't worth the risk). I found it interesting that I didn't get searched at all and just walked straight in. I didn't even have a metal detector run over me. While I am thankful for the respect they have shown to my civil liberties I could easily have been concealing a weapon and so would have rathered a quick run over with the metal detector in order to screen for this type of contraband.

One of my mates had a lab sit down next to him not once, but TWICE. But for some reason, the chick just pulled the dog away and kept walking.

Must've been cause of the rain, and she didnt want to get wet I guess...