• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Clubs fail coke test

Is this product similar what the United States/Canada Border Customs use to check on cars checking traces of marijuana from visitors and travellers travelling between United States and the State of Canada, Bristish Columbia?

Turning Point researcher Jenn Johnston said the eight-month study would follow earlier research by the centre that had found 80 per cent of regular ecstasy users in Melbourne also used cocaine
I participated in this "earlier" research and if I'm not mistaken, the findings were that 80% of regular E users HAD EVER used cocaine (in my case once, and certainly not recently!) I hate it when reporters distort stats like this, the results are tenuous enough on their own.

Turning Point researcher Jenn Johnston said the eight-month study would follow earlier research by the centre that had found 80 per cent of regular ecstasy users in Melbourne also used cocaine. She said the initial research had found the purity of cocaine on Melbourne streets was usually "high" and the drug was easy to buy.

Melbourne, Florida, USA maybe...

Wankers.

I hate journalists.

Yes, I believe that article should have read:

...earlier research by the centre that had found 80 per cent of regular ecstasy users in Melbourne had also tried cocaine at least once...

And this statement:

She said the initial research had found the purity of cocaine on Melbourne streets was usually "high" and the drug was easy to buy

...would make more sense in context - only the research participants who decide they have enough information about a drug will answer on any particular drug's availability and purity. So, for those few Melbournians that felt confident talking about the cocaine market, it was available and perceived as high quality.

As has already been stated, the media like to dumb things down and sensationalise them up, so it ends up a bit distorted.. *grumble*

On a related note, we are currently finalising release on data from 2003 Party Drugs study and Psychostimulant Monitoring study. Shall let you know as soon as they are on our website :)

i say ban movies, and clubs. and this stupid f#%king board. and governments, and the process of banning