• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: $60 million bust

you would have to think that the people over in belguim wouldnt be stupid and just send one lot you know. they probably have factored in the fact that some "shipments" will get busted by customs etc, water logged. that should mean that some, somewhere will be filtering into australia. somewhere on the ocean is a shipment heading somewhere. so i wonder how many they send and what there appraisel to failure ratio is, even if its 50% then theres a million pills somewhere.

"This was a particularly sophisticated attempt to bring drugs into Australia," he said.

"The location and retrieval of the drugs required considerable work and a quantity of equipment."

so what they are saying is that without the tip off from the Belgian Federal Police, they wouldnt have intercepted it...

Eggo, the more shipments you send, the higher the risk of getting caught.
If you were going to try and bring 860000 pills into Oz you would be far better off putting all your eggs into one basket and going for the big hit. Rather than sending it in, say, 8-9 shipments of 100000.
I think the penalty for smuggling 100000 pills wouldn't be much less severe than that for smuggling 860000 pills. Therefore, sending 8-9 shipments is only increasing the chances of getting caught by 800-900%..
I would rather be shipping 1000000 pills into the country every 6 months then 100000 every couple of weeks.. too much hassle, too much risk.
In regards to them being white Mitsubishis.. even if the ones i saw were Mitsubishis, i doubt they all were.. there were several different colours, and presumably several different presses.
I would be very surprised if those responsible for smuggling them were directly involved in the manufacture of them also. It would take a really long time to press 860000 pills.. These most likely came from 10-20 different sources.
No doubt the majority were of high quality but there could also have been some shit ones in there too..

Last edited:
Plus, if you were a drug dealer, would you give up a few million dollars in pills just so that another few million dollars worth could get through? Especially if it meant a higher chance of getting caught? Probably not.

Not to mention the fact that if one of your shipments is found, you are more than likely going to jail for a long time. Never mind the few million..

I just read this at http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s983543.htm

The AFP's Peter Drennan says the ecstasy tablets were substituted by federal officers and the agricultural equipment was taken to a storage centre at Botany Bay.
"On the 31st of October, two Belgium nationals attended the storage where they extracted the substituted MDMA tablets from the equipment," Mr Drennan said.
"The tablets were loaded into a vehicle and taken to a Sydney hotel.
"Later on the 31st, the vehicle containing the drugs was collected by Dutch national and the vehicle and drugs were taken to an inner-city apartment."

I can't believe the AFP have 860000 bunk pills just lying around..

Three Australian men, two Belgian nationals and a Dutch national were arrested in connection with the seizure and refused bail when they faced a Sydney court on Thursday.

haha, there's always a dutch national!! ;)

Im not saying this happens or not.......

but possibly the street price is figured out on the popular belief that the pills r imported, and repressed into twice as many half strength ones?

Ok do they seriously think that they did a good job here ? how many shipments have come in, in the exact same way these ones did ? i know if u send more shipments your chances of getting caught increase....but people will try something and if it works keep doing it...sure they got 195kg but what about the 300kg that has probably gotten into the country the same way before they got a tip off ? or are we going to assume this has only ever happened once and they got caught8)

it wouldnt surprise me if that "haul" was actually tipped off to the cops by the drug makers themselves because if you think about it, they probably already had 2, 3, 4, who knows how many "other shipments" coming thru at the same time, and they just tipped them off to keep the feds busy so the rest of the load can come thru? I mean 860,000 pills made by the chemist/crime ring would have cost them fuck all, so I am sure they could "afford" to lose "860,00 pills" so maybe few million more can come thru into australia at the same time?

Er. 860,000 pills and three people with ties and info about their organisation. Not quite so affordable, even you do subscribe to the popular view of bulk importers as soulless bastards :-/

[edit: six people. Aussies count too!]

The Aust Feds + Customs had no idea.. it would have got thru had it not've been for the tip off.
The question is, how did the Belgian police find out?.. Pretty simple actually.. Like I was saying before the pills would have come from multiple sources. Just like in Australia, Belgium would have undercovers/informants somewhere along the chain (it doesn't have to be that far up). When they hear that "whoever" has been buying up every pill they can get there hands on, it's all over bar the screaming and shouting.
As for the manufacturers tipping off the police, I doubt it very much. Two reasons spring to mind..
1. They could be brought down with the smugglers
2. The manufacturers then have to find a new distributor. This distribution ring wasn't limited to Aust, so we are probably talking millions of pills per month. The distributors were probably purchasing every single pill these manufacturers could produce..
The police are claiming to have smashed a smuggling ring, so no doubt this isn't the first time they have brought pills into Aust. Who knows, they could have been responsible for the pill you had last night..?

rezinate said:
Im not saying this happens or not.......

but possibly the street price is figured out on the popular belief that the pills r imported, and repressed into twice as many half strength ones?

Why would anyone do that when you could buy MDMA powder (which is cheaper, easier to conceal and easier to cut) instead?

Tis a sad day for a happy roller. Would have made this NYE/summer quite awsome. SHAME SHAME SHAME

Villz,
not saying that ppl DO import and repress.
just saying that the media may think that, and base their price estimations on that. Not sure what else they would base their street price on.....

As for why ppl would do that, well it seemed that ppl do import pills, such as the ppl in question here. and if u did import pills, surely u would try and import 140 mg ones, not 70mg ones, right? and if u did, then it would make sense to repress them right? is it a smart thing to do? would i do it? hell no.....i would (and do) stay away from drug importation alltogether.

has it ever happened b4? no idea, but if i took a guess, id say it has.

If only the AFP thought the way us bluelighters do! MHaybe we did not want the pills to be stopped from reaching the community! I wish the police would do a raffle and let us bluelighters take as many as we can carry. That would be intheresting. Besides, what else they going to do with them, such a waste to destroy them!

That's a huge bust, especially for a country with only ~20 million or so people. I wonder how long it would take to sell that many pills lol.