Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 22.10.09 - Drug dealers and users trade tips on internet site

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Drug dealers and users trade tips on internet site

October 22, 2009 12:01am

A WEBSITE acting as an open forum for ecstasy dealers and users is exposing the truth about Adelaide's drug underworld.

The pillreports.com website contains conversations between people about their experiences with drugs and the latest pills to hit the streets.

On the website, there are candid recommendations between users on what pills they deem "safe" to try, which is worrying experts.

Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia executive director Keith Evans said there was a cultural phenomenon emerging in which people saw themselves as "experts".

"It's a really worrying trend - the sort of culture that says `I got it from Jim. Everybody who's got their stuff from Jim has said Jim's stuff is good and therefore ipso facto I believe Jim's stuff is good, we'll all search out Jim'," he said.

"The reality isn't like that.

"Where Jim happens to have got it (the drugs) from will differ and even if you take out the legal consequences of it, you're always taking a gamble - it's Russian roulette."

The most recent Adelaide update on the pillreports website was submitted by user machetevip: "I'm going to be trying these Saturday night (ecstasy pills) and will update with a user report but so far these are looking quite good," he wrote.

A subsequent report detailed a timeline of machetevip's experience on the drugs.

"I was dancing and chatty and had some nice feelings on them," machetevip said.

There were 12 responses to the user report.

But Detective Inspector John De Candia said the health and legal consequences of illicit drug taking remained.

"Just because they're buying from the same seller does not mean they're buying from the same batch," he said. "It does not provide them any safeguards."

He said trafficking penalties in Australia for carrying commercial and large commercial quantities could result in "hefty penalties" ranging from 15 years to life imprisonment.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26242628-2682,00.html?from=public_rss

well, they kinda got a point. people rely too heavily on pillreports and other sites instead of doing their own research and testing

Top shelf journalism at its best.

Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia executive director Keith Evans said there was a cultural phenomenon emerging in which people saw themselves as "experts".

Well if you test them, (being the experts that you are), users wouldn't have to do this then would they??

God this type of story shits me

A pretty poorly written article. The reader would've gotten a better idea by just following a URL to the actual website. Nevertheless a lot of users do rely on pillreports.com, getting a test kit is pretty much your only option and testing every pill to make sure they were of the same batch...

This is a timely reminder that these sites are watched and whatever is written has the potential to negatively impact on their ongoing success as effective HR tools. Pillreports and Bluelight are both in place as an information resource to minimise the harm associated with the use of both licit and illicit substances. I implore you all to keep this is the back of your mind when posting and self regulate your forum through constant memberation and the use of the report feature located at the bottom left of every post.

Report Button-------------------->
report.gif
<-------------------- Report Button​

Information is power, and if we lose access to sites like Bluelight and Pillreports, then we lose the power.

When are they going to stop using the Russian Roulette analogy?

Odds of dying in Russian roulette: 1/6
Rough estimation of the amount of pills i've ever consumed: 150

DER DER

ahhh for fucks sake

sometimes I forget how lame the Adelaide news scene really is

8) 8) 8)

Some people are just way too narrow minded.
They fail to mention how many people may have been saved from scoffing pipes or pma because of the pillreports website :X :X :X

Aaaaah but i wont let this piece of trash spoil such a fantastic day in sunny Melb.....

I <3 summer!

They fail to mention how many people may have been saved from scoffing pipes or pma because of the pillreports website :X :X :X

Exactly! They know people are going to consume pills regardless, why make such a big deal over something that has potentially saved X amount of lives.

Mike Rann should be thanking pillreports.com! :!

I swear adelaide churns out this sensationalist trash once a week like clockwork.

Makes me embarrassed to live here almost.

What a crock of shit. The article fails to point out how many people have decided to not take a shitty pill based on reports and thereby avoid ingesting something poisonous or toxic.

Harm minimization is the only thing that users have got to save them from death. The ridiculous war on drugs has caused more deaths and incarcerations than policy makers are willing to admit. So why the hell cant we use sites like this to save us from such fate?

Also, i think there are silly reporters in all cities that would churn out crap like this regardless of where they come from. It is not just Adelaide, although i would never move there!!

Hahahaha does it really matter where u live? As long as u have everything u need to survive in life thats all that matters. Everyone is bagging out everyone when we should all be grateful for what we have. What is life then without it?

My thoughts exactly! Seems like this time last year the did a reports that was alot like this.. Always the way when the summer festival season kicks off.

My thoughts exactly! Seems like this time last year the did a reports that was alot like this.. Always the way when the summer festival season kicks off.
They did only the report was based on 'white stickmen'. Can't find the article though.

Any publicity is good publicity.

They just got every pill head that saw that news using PR.

Thanks, dickheads!

True but alot of reports are made by dealers. There is no such thing as MDMA High or even MDMA medium. really