• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 12.6.09 - New killer cocaine on streets ( methylmethcathinone )

I hear mephedrone is very toxic. Alot of people are starting to complain that there legs n arms turn blue for some reason. Lack of blood circulation?

I hear mephedrone is very toxic. Alot of people are starting to complain that there legs n arms turn blue for some reason. Lack of blood circulation?

It very well could be, but the problem is there is just no proof or research. I have used it a couple of times and I think my fingers are feet may be suffereing from this a little bit. But no conclusive proof here, just speculation. But I have also heard of the blue thing, and scarier yet it doesn't go away even after months of abstinance from 4-mmc. May it have anything to do with the possible 5-HTb agonism?

Wow, there is so much misinformation in that article that it is just laughable.

Absolutely. The names of the journalist & editors of such tripe should be plastered on a wall of shame for time immemorial!

Firstly, as most here know, 4-MMC has been used primarily as an MDMA replacement. The coke fanciers I've spoken to who've tried it didn't like it at all. There is a completely unrelated coke replacement that could very well explode in popularity in this country shortly, but more on that later.

The active ingredient is methcathinone, harvested from the African plant khat, but it is mixed with other harmful substances.

If you're going to speak of anything phytochemical or pharmacologically related, then get the most basic facts right FFS! The editing staff and journalist all look like fools, and if the pharmacist who was quoted said that, he should hang up the apron and go back to school. Perhaps he missed his organic chem classes when studying 8) Most likely though, this person was misquoted through either the ignorance of the journalist/s, or some perceived need to stretch the truth in order to make a better story. Whatever, with the inaccuracies contained in that piece, it's nothing short of disgusting!!

While 4-MMC may be termed a derivative of methcathinone, it would not be manufactured from methcathinone, and methcathinone is not found in Khat. Cathinone is the parent compound and cathinone is what's found in the plant, along with cathine and similar compounds.

While 4-MMC could by synthed from methylmethcathinone, the chemistry involved would make this route analogous to travelling around Australia to get from the Gold Coast to Brisbane. Duh! :\ Methcathinone aka methylcathinone is a synthetic, just like 4-methylmethcathinone. 4-MMC would be most commonly synthesised from the appropriate propiophenone. Without going into details of the synth, I'll just say it's all pretty basic org chem. However, if the required reagents were available, 4-MMC could possibly also be synthesised from a very basic, and widely available OTC starting material. If such a route does work, it may make LE efforts to limit the drug considerably more difficult.

It very well could be, but the problem is there is just no proof or research. I have used it a couple of times and I think my fingers are feet may be suffereing from this a little bit. But no conclusive proof here, just speculation. But I have also heard of the blue thing, and scarier yet it doesn't go away even after months of abstinance from 4-mmc.

Some of us have been shouting warnings about potential problems arising from 4-MMC use since it's emergence in the Neorganics products. I don't know what you need to be convinced, but I'd suggest the numerous reports of cardio-vascular related problems should be ringing alarm bells by now :\

Yeah thats why i tend to stay away from RC's. If people keep using it who knows what the outcome will be in the future.

Likewise, I'd be very wary about taking this stuff. At least with MDMA we have 20 years of research and literature behind it giving us a rough idea of what it does to your body and mind. 4mmc though, fuck it could do anything, and there's already evidence of all sorts of nasty side effects, though I'm inclined to believe that the people who're presenting with those side effects have been abusing the drug in excess. Still, it's not something I'd be willing to dabble with until we know a bit more.

Yeah MDMA is a little harder to find these days, but I'd rather shop around with a test kit and go the extra mile to find the real deal than take some barely researched "legal" high which we don't know anything about. The potential for harm with real MDMA is real and scary enough, there's no telling what this stuff could do.

I also have a sneaking suspicion it will probably prove to be prone to a similar neurotoxicity and 'loss of magic' as MDMA.

All I can say is, "here we go...". The floodgates are surely going to burst open on this substance sooner rather than later and news articles declaring it a "new cocaine" are going to do wonders for it. :\ The capsules pictured in the original article are definitely a form of the Neorganics powder that was being shipped here about six months ago, the powder coming from these guys is now a much clearer white with much less smell = much more easily passed off as cocaine/speed.

Crankinit- When taking pills you don't know what your eating anyway. Even with a positive MDMA test there could still be any sort of RC inside. I do understand the point though.

Crankinit- When taking pills you don't know what your eating anyway. Even with a positive MDMA test there could still be any sort of RC inside. I do understand the point though.

Of course there's always that risk, but I'd say in my experience, and from the research I've read, the number of pills that contain anything other than MDMA and/or the usual adulterants (meth, K, pipes, 2c's, caffeine) is fairly neglible.

With the amount of research going around and the fact that those who support prohibition jump on even the slightest hint of a risk with ecstasy use I think your chances of getting some deadly, toxic adulterant as anything other than a freak occurance is fairly minor. The only example that comes to mind is PMA, and how often do we hear about that occuring? Once every few years?

becasue of this story some idiots will probably cut cocaine with this shit if its as cheap as a few of you are saying ..

Alot of people are starting to complain that there legs n arms turn blue for some reason. Lack of blood circulation?

Can we discuss this some more? Possibly even start a new thread about it?

I'd be really interested to hear if anyone else had these kind of problems especially if they are persisting for some period of time.

^^ There are already mephedrone megathreads in Australian DD, Other Drugs, and European DD. I think the European one is up to thread number 3 and is probably the best place to see anecdotal postings about side effects?

^^Cool. I have read all the threads here on ADD but haven't read the ones on OD or EDD. I'll give them a read.

I still think that it is pretty important that we discuss this here in ADD, maybe the 4-MMC thread would be the best place.

How many people do we know of that are presenting these loss of circulation type symptoms? For me I know of one person that was a heavy user with these problems and they are serious and impacting on their life.

I'd never heard of it before I read about the 2 people in this thread mention it.

^^ There are already mephedrone megathreads in Australian DD, Other Drugs, and European DD. I think the European one is up to thread number 3 and is probably the best place to see anecdotal postings about side effects?

Thanks for the tip man. I checked them out and they were just what I was looking for.