• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: 10 yr old in Ecstasy Overdose 16/07/2002

To Jakoz from bottom of previous page...Sorry I didn't BUT the ones I saw lying about when I was young didn't have pretty pictures(logos) as xtc or pills sold as x usually do!
Just a thought...
[ 19 July 2002: Message edited by: Scatteredasfuck ]

the post two up raises an interesting point. how many kids eat pills of some description and die each year? the only reason this got worldwide coverage was because it was the demon drug ecstasy...

Imagine this was your sister,cousin or any other person that was close to you that has died.It is selfish to blame the drugs or what was in them.It is also selfish to blame the poor child who died.If any of you have children or friends that have children you should know how inquisetive they are.This should be a dose of reality to everyone of what you are doing and how carefull we all need to be.To put it simply somthing that should not have happend!

MX article -
10 yr old XTC victim Jade Slack may have mistaken five white tablets that killed her for asprin.
Its been revealved taht Jade had a headache and went to lie down in a friends bedroom just before collapsing.
Britains youngest XTC victim died after taking tablets dubbed 'White Ferraris' and stamped with the prancing horse logo.

Mistaken for asprin?
who the fuck takes 5 asprins?
that sounds pretty silly! (and not too good for the stomach either, anyone that does take 5 asprins at once deserves reflux!)
Andromeda :)

next time theres an all age event where u live count how many people there are who look 12 and are on e. its still too young and shocking :(

^^^ But that is a different issue all together, and has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

everyone can have their own assumptions and reasonings.
the fact is that the 10 year old girl is dead.
There are so many anit-drug groups out there. they will jump on any opportunity to warn the public of its harmful effects and the govt is more than happy to enforce a zero tolerance law to drug consumption/ peddling.
we can only feel sorry for the girl's family. The rest is irrelevant (in a way).

And in news from Independent in the UK another case
Toddler in hospital after eating ecstasy pill
Toddler in hospital after eating ecstasy pill
By Martin Hickman
25 July 2002
A three-year-old boy was being treated in hospital yesterday after taking what is thought to be ecstasy.
Brendan White allegedly mistook a tablet of the drug at his home in Islington, north London, for a sweet. He was found slumped at the terrace house on Tuesday afternoon and taken to Whittington hospital, where he was in "critical" condition in intensive care. He was transferred to the poisons unit of Guy's hospital, where his condition was improving last night.
The boy's father, Derrick White, was arrested in connection with the incident and released on police bail.
A care worker next door to the house in Elizabeth Avenue said she heard Brendan's mother scream as she found her boy. Joyce Darfoor, 32, said: "I just heard a scream and that was it. First an ambulance came and then later the police arrived."
The accident came less than two weeks after the death of Jade Slack, 10, from Galgate, near Lancaster, who ate up to five ecstasy tablets.
The press are going to have a field day :(
My sympathies to the families, hope the little boy gets better.

The fact that there has not been a follow up article confirming she died of ecstasy overdose and how ecstasy is so terrible leads me to believe that her death had nothing to do with any illicit substance other than the fact that she died in a house in which an illicit subsance was present.
I could be mislead my dim view of the media, or I could be right. I don't know :)

yes, i'd be tempted to agree, pope. it's often the case that story's like this dissolve when inconvenient facts get in the way. but we'll have to wait and see.
it's a tragedy none the less, a dead child. shame she posthumously becomes a martyr for someone's cause, perhaps thru no fault of her own, or anyone elses.

i saw a shot piece in the paper today (telegraph) about a todler who is in a hospital in the uk after apparently having ecstasy. but hes still alive did anyone else see it?

I saw the article and as i said before children are the most inquisitve people on earth..If you are going to let them loose in your abode make sure nothing is in reach... be it nappysann, ratsack, pills or any other thing that is toxic. Protect our future........THE FUTURE ISE OURS and more importantly THEIRS

Looks like they've arrested her father - what that poor family must be going through... :(
But it certainly puts a different spin on what happened
Ecstasy Death Jade: Father Arrested
Detectives investigating the death of Britain's youngest ecstasy victim have arrested her father.
Simon Slack was questioned at Lancaster Police Station after being arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled substances.
The 31-year-old, of Meadow Park, Galgate, near Lancaster, was released later on police bail until Friday September 20.
His 10-year-old daughter, Jade Slack, died at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary on July 14 after becoming ill at a house in the Galgate area where she had spent the afternoon with a friend.
Police this week announced the results of toxicology tests which showed the schoolgirl had a substantial amount of ecstasy in her blood.
A Lancashire Constabulary spokesman said: "Police investigating the death of 10-year-old Galgate schoolgirl Jade Slack have questioned her father.
"Simon Slack, 31, of Meadow Park, Galgate, was questioned at Lancaster Police Station as part of the ongoing inquiry into Jade's death. Tests suggest ecstasy contributed to her death.
"Mr Slack was arrested earlier today on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled substances. He was released this afternoon on police bail until Friday, September 20."
Three people arrested shortly after Jade's death were questioned again by detectives earlier this week. The 20-year-old man and two women, aged 17 and 20, were released again on police bail until September 24.