• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newbie Questions

I'm surprised an MD would prescribe you Adderall, being how old you are. usually they try to wean you off of it, as you get older. Irresponsible prescribing, if you ask me. Some drugs just absorb better rectally. Directly into the blood vessels and blood stream that are located in that part of the body.

Age aside, (plus come on... I'm not THAT old! :\ ), I felt my ability to care for my patients was in jeopardy. It's not a good situation to be in the ER with a head trauma or a heart patient coming in in v-fib and you can't keep your tasks in order or you forget to do something vital... that's when either someone can die or we get sued. That's why my MD prescribed me the Adderall for the ADHD; I was having difficulty managing it and I didn't want anyone to get inadvertantly harmed by my actions (or lack thereof, as the case may be).

Now, enough with the serious stuff... I think about this all the time.

I want to make sure I know how to "plug" this stuff correctly and if it's worked for anyone before... and how do you feel afterwards (as opposed to taking it the "correct" way)?

Anal MDxx? Ever wonder why glowsticks are in the mix? I think you see where Im going

Please pardon my ignorance in street lingo, but I have NO idea what that last post means...

He is making an attempt at humor which failed quite miserably. MDXX = Methlynedioxy(insert variation here). The most common and sought after chemical is MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine) which is commonly referred to as ecstasy. but there are variations such as MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine) or MDE (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-ethylamphetamine) and MDXX refers to any number of the 3,4-methylenedioxy compounds. lol I hope that made sense.

Lemme break it down more so than my goodchum Damien

Anal admin right? People use glowsticks to jam ecstacy into there anus!!! TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That does make sense. Thanks for putting it in terms I can understand. =) It was the 'glowstick' reference that threw me off... I've never considered trying ecstacy, I just want to get the most out of the Adderall I DO have.

If you want to get the most out of your adderall, I suggest you not use more than you're prescribed until you get your dose adjusted, because tolerance has a fast onset and it's a bitch. You may already know this.

I've noticed that crushing and snorting methylphenidate delivers faster onset and longer duration, with more theraputic effects, for me. YMMV. And since you're dealing with adderall, not ritalin, it may be different. But this is what I've noticed regarding methylphenidate. It also causes tolerance to develop quicker.

What are you looking for in changing your method of administration? Are you looking to get high on the adderall, or just manage adhd? I personally have a hard time getting anything recreational out of my adhd meds w/o either taking twice or move of my prescribed dose orally, but if I snort my rx'd dose, I get a little recreation along with plenty of theraputic effects. But like I said, that MOA also causes tolerance to develop quicker.

As for the kpins I also do not recommend upping the dose of these w/o the rx'd dose also raised, because when you go back to the rx'd dose you may experience rebound anxiety or worst case scenario get addicted...and that's a whole other ball of wax. Alot of benzos are poorly absorbed intranasally, I'm not sure if kpins are one of them, but if their bioavailability is greater intranasally than orally, snorting it may give more effects...but also increase the potential for tolerance and addiction. I don't recommend fucking with teh benzos. Taking a sedative antihistamine such as benadryl or doxylamine succinate along with the kpins may increase the sedative effects and 'ahhhh, relief' factor...the same goes for alcohol, just be careful mixing downers.

Also your kpin dose may be dampening the adderall, thus causing you not to notice what others describe on adderall. That could be fixed by adjusting your dose.

That did make sense, thanks. You put it in terms I understand. It was the 'glowstick' reference that threw me off... =) While I've never considered taking Ecstasy, I want to get the most effect of the Adderoll I DO have.

That did make sense, thanks. You put it in terms I understand. It was the 'glowstick' reference that threw me off... =) While I've never considered taking Ecstasy, I want to get the most effect from the Adderall I DO have.

Sorry about the triple post... I'm on my cell right now, not my comp, and it didn't seem to go through. I'll fix it when I logon to my laptop tomorrow. So what's glowstick mean, anyway?

ya know those shiny things for camping? you crack them and they glow? used for camping and shit ya know

Pharcyde said:
ya know those shiny things for camping? you crack them and they glow? used for camping and shit ya know
I know what they are, just a little confused about how they relate/what they have to do with what I'm asking... Don't forget, I'm new to all this so it'll take me a minute to distinguish whether to take this stuff literally or as a joke. sorry for my ignorance, but I'll never know if I don't ask, right? 8o

As a method of Adderall admin, the anal thing never seemed all that great to me.

And parachuting IR - as opposed to just swallowing them - doesn't seem to make a big difference to me either. If it's ER, then crushing them does help somewhat.

Crushing and snorting them does bring you up faster but the buzz is shorter. That's good if you're doing it late in the day and you want to sleep sometime, but I find I get MUCH more jitteryness and anxiety on the comedown end. Much. Gotta have some benzos for that or life just sucks. Even alcohol will help somewhat.

Short version is that just swallowing them seems to work best for me.

Ah yes, good old amphetamine. Insufflating it definately makes for a better high and increased bioavailability, but as has been said, it'll be shorter and the crash will be harder. I haven't tried plugging it, but would imagine it'd be similar to insufflating. If I want to get the most out of the little amphetamine I have (without using it recreationally), I actually prefer the oral route. Other routes simply seem to make for a more recreational high, which will make you blow through your stash even faster.

So yes, I would have to agree with the above post. Oral seems to be the best method to use amphetamine, unless you're doing it for recreation.

NikkiNumberNine said:
Crushing and snorting them does bring you up faster but the buzz is shorter. That's good if you're doing it late in the day and you want to sleep sometime, but I find I get MUCH more jitteryness and anxiety on the comedown end. Much. Gotta have some benzos for that or life just sucks.

I take 1mg Klonopin TID, so that's not gonna be an issue for me.

Isn't there a good compromise somewhere between using them as prescribed, but getting a good, recreational "high" out of them? I'm not gonna blow through my bottle like there's no tomorrow... I know I can't get any more for 3 1/2 more weeks so I'm gonna use them dosage-wise as prescribed. I'm just looking for that good bridge between oral and recreation.

Insufflating? Is that crushing and snorting? I'm really looking to do an alternate route for only my morning dose (Rise and shine!) and then I'll probably just swallow them normally for my mid-day dose.

I did do the .5cc water/10mg mix up the shoot this morning and I felt the medicine start working within about 15 minutes as opposed to the 45 mins it takes to notice the effects orally...

Does snorting work better for Adderall? From a simply recreational standpoint?

For starters, let me just say that I haven't used Adderall per se, it is not being prescribed where I live. Here, we can have amphetamine on the streets (instead of meth! never even got to try that one), so it's already in the powder form and usually cut with some fillers, but basically is pretty much the same thing as regular instant release Adderall.

On to your questions - yes, insufflating basically means snorting the powdered form of the drug. It should start working even faster than through the rectal route, but all-in-all should be pretty similar in effects and duration. I suggest you try both though, to determine which route is the best suited for you.

The thing with substituting your regular oral morning dose with insufflated/plugged version is that these routes will significantly shorten the duration of effects from the drug, so you'll find yourself needing more way sooner. I find that if I snort amphetamine, I need to re-dose in about every 4 hours or so, which is around 2 times more often than with the oral route. I do need about 2 times less material to achieve the same level of effects this way though, so economically it's pretty much the same as using it peroral.

From a recreational standpoint, I find that snorting does indeed work better. It will give you a better initial rush (due to much faster onset), which translates into a more euphoric experience.

Well, for my mid-day dose, I simply crushed the tablet into powder and took it orally (i.e. like a Goody or BC Powder). It hit almost instantly, like within 10 minutes, and it's still going strong over 2 hours later with no signs of crashing in sight. I also feel it's more potent , as if I took a higher dose. I may try insufflation for my next dose (tomorrow) just to see how/if it works for me. But the "Goody Powder" method definately has my top vote so far!!! I would recommend it.

Recept said:
From a recreational standpoint, I find that snorting does indeed work better. It will give you a better initial rush (due to much faster onset), which translates into a more euphoric experience.

How long does the rush from snorting last? Orally, the Adderall works for about 4-5 hours (for me, at least). If I find snorting it works better in a sense of a bigger rush, even for a shorter period of time, it might be worth a try for my mid-day dose. It'll hit, do its job, and I'll be back down in time to sleep at night.

Another totally "Newbie" question... Since one of the most-stated drawbacks of snorting Adderall is that it doesn't last as long, anyone ever snorted half of the dose and taken the other half orally? As in, at the same time? It seems to me that you'd get the best of both worlds that way - quick onset and a better rush from the snorted dose and the longer-action and not "crashing" aspect from the oral dose. Any thoughts?

Last edited: