Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New Zealand Legal High 'Interim Product Approvals'

thickskin

Bluelighter
Hi,

didn't see this posted elsewhere on the board so feel free to delete if its a repost..

http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/psychoactive-substances/interim-product-approvals

Anyone know what the hell SGT-24 is? I don't understand why they don't have some proper consistency in naming.

While I don't believe in criminalisation of drugs I don't really see this as a step forward. People who might otherwise smoke normal cannabis are having a product that has the potential to be substantially more harmful.

Just reading those ingredients is giving me nausea and a sickly comedown.

I'll stick to street level MDMA for now thank you

Just reading those ingredients is giving me nausea and a sickly comedown.

I'll stick to street level MDMA for now thank you

In New Zealand the 'street level MDMA' you refer to is pronounced 'methylone'- the kiwi accent can be a bit odd like that ;)

Thanks for posting this.

And for the sake of clarity, the main reason that these drugs have gotten interim approval is because they do not fall within New Zealand's clumsy, but effective, Analogue Act. Essentially it went legal highs come onto market, drugs banned, analogue act passed, new legal highs released, ban, release new, ban (once banned it falls under the Analogue Act), Psychoactive Substance Act passed- resulting in most legal highs being banned, new legal highs released (that still fall outside the Psychoactive Substances Act as interim banned drugs aren't covered by Analogue Act), makers of legal highs apply for their current, 15th-generation-mind-melters to receive approval, interim approval granted.

I really think that they would end up with safer RCs on the market if they reviewed the Analogue Act to harmonise it with the Psychoactive Substances Act- if all synthetic cannabis was either jwh-018 or jwh-073, labelled as such with concentration, there would be far fewer problems. The absolute nightmare experiences you read about fairly regularly here on BL with the newer synthcans...which is not to say overdosing on jwh-018 is fun, it's just not as easy to do and it's not as horrible.

Similarly, putting recreational effects to the side, I would speculate that methylone is safer than BZP and its cousins- particularly when you're talking about reckless, irresponsible, almost suicidal doses some people take of legal highs. Yes it's a stronger stimulant than BZP, but the ceiling effect surely would help and definitely doesn't cause migraines/seizures like BZP & co do. BZP certainly feels a hell of a lot more toxic than methylone.

Anyone know what the hell SGT-24 is? I don't understand why they don't have some proper consistency in naming.

Stargate made chemicals. Thai High and Stargate labs have been tweaking the analogies themselves for a good 2 years... I'd prefer to inject myself with ricin than to be a guinea pig for those crooks.