• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth new user: quick rise in tolerance or weird interaction?

profdonezo

Greenlighter
Hey there. So, I'll preface this by saying I know I'm a bit of an idiot and that I don't have what it takes to do this drug and won't purchase it again.

I'm a longtime regular coke user (10+ years) who recently moved to a new city and no longer has a blow connect. So, I've been dabbling in meth. This is my fourth time and definitely the heaviest frequency of usage. I had time off from work and went on something like a bender. Used throughout Monday to Tuesday and then slept on Tuesday night; used again on Wednesday and took a 3 hour nap on Thursday before using again. I stopped using at around 11:30pm on Thursday and then had an amazing night sleep on Friday night. While I'm not exactly proud of this, I learned my lesson from my last run with clear that I cannot do coke-size lines as I have no tolerance. I was more careful with my dosing and, at the very least, there were no hallucinations this time around. ROA was snorting. I woke up feeling pretty good today and have eaten pretty well consistently since Wednesday. Water works magic.

Today, my roommate came back to town. I know I've been fiending, so I decided to eat a little CBD (no THC) and take two 3mg melatonin in order to call it quits and catch up on sleep. Stupidly, about two hours later, I dosed a medium-size line. But here's the weird part: I feel *nothing*, except maybe a little sweaty on my hands and feet as well as some anxiety over the fact that I feel *no effects.* This is the same product that had me up for four nights a few weeks ago; a line of this stuff had me up for 12+ hours on Monday before redosing. So, it's not the product. I also can't imagine that some melatonin could counteract a meth high. Is this a tolerance thing? I've never experienced anything like this with coke (albeit I've never done nor wanted to do coke over the course of so many consequent days before). Obviously, I want to redose at some point tonight but I also obviously don't know what the fuck I'm doing!

Would you imagine it's an issue of tolerance, or of drug interaction? Feels insanely quick to have such a spike in tolerance... but it is meth, I guess. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

edit: okay, feeling slightly anxious about lack of effects, which I think has made me feel some tingles in my stomach. this is a very common panic reaction for me, and even concentrating on writing this sentence is making that symptom subside.

Last edited:
1 - melatonin does wild things. I have had it act like a potent drug all on it's own.

2 - meth/amphetamines build tolerance extremely rapidly especially in binge use kinda patterns - even if the binge isn't that high dose wise, it still makes it to where a standard sniff/what you have been doing does not hit the same.

3 - street drugs can be cut, and have hot spots of the actual active material.

And what is the point of feeling anxious? you have done speed, you did some more, after a bender it's hitting different - that is pretty by the book. IMO the fact you are sittin sweating a bit worrying about IF the amp worked is kinda indicative that it is indeed in you/ working even if it's

not recognizable to you.

1 - melatonin does wild things. I have had it act like a potent drug all on it's own.

2 - meth/amphetamines build tolerance extremely rapidly especially in binge use kinda patterns - even if the binge isn't that high dose wise, it still makes it to where a standard sniff/what you have been doing does not hit the same.

3 - street drugs can be cut, and have hot spots of the actual active material.

And what is the point of feeling anxious? you have done speed, you did some more, after a bender it's hitting different - that is pretty by the book. IMO the fact you are sittin sweating a bit worrying about IF the amp worked is kinda indicative that it is indeed in you/ working even if it's

not recognizable to you.

Hey there: thanks so much for your response. The strange part is that I'm not feeling anxious at all as I had, say, on Thursday. I'm not sweating a lot. I'm not even grinding my teeth. I don't feel any of the type of anxiety or alertness or anything. I've been *extremely* anxious on stims before and this is not at all what this feels like. But I take your point that meth is a new drug for me. I'm just at a total loss how a dose that felt *intense*-- significantly more intense than any drug I had done before (and I've done most things)-- now feels, like, well nothing. But perhaps tolerance, especially when committing to one ROA, is working much quicker than I would like, in combination with the melatonin (although I had taken a *bunch* of melatonin earlier in the week and it did pretty much nothing to mellow me out or help with sleep). Thanks again!

edit: reflecting on your last point, these lines were cut from a bigger shard in comparison to most of the stuff in the bag. although the burn and drip were identical to what i done previously, i think this might be it. thank you!