• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

-New Update Added 09/25/2009!! - Widely Used Cocaine Additive Kills 3, Sickens Dozens

Coke heads are some of the most vile human beings on earth, do you realistically expect many of them to care about the purity/contents of something that they can't hold onto for more than 5 minutes without digging in? Much of the problem lies in the fact that the most uneducated and impoverished drug users tend to gravitate towards cocaine. This demographic cares little about the contents of street drugs aside from how high it will get them. Of course there is an educated and aware minority of users but they will not make the test kit a viable business venture.

Best bet is to back off from using cocaine until cartels get the message that lavamisol is not an acceptable cut to use. Personally I suspect that it has some psychoactive properties otherwise it would have not been used for so long in such significant quantities.

OK, I guess you have had some bad experiences with "coke heads". Your comments are judgemental - I find them a bit offensive.

I have seen extremely bad behaviour (I believe in bad behaviour as opposed to bad people - when on highly addictive substances a person's behaviour will be reprehensible, they will do or say anything for the next fix/hit) in opiate, meth and other addicts. Although when someone has been using long enough and doing bad things for long periods of time it gets damn harder for them to change

I don't believe education or socio-economic circumstances play a heck of a role in someone gravitating towards coke exclusively - I have heard oxycontin reffered to as "hillbilly heroin". I think that whatever is "going around" or is popular at a place and time when an individual starts to experiment and then slides into addiction is the deciding factor in what their drug of choice is usually. They will change to something else that they prefer if it becomes available.

I don't believe cartels will ever "get the message" either. They don't care. They don't have focus groups to study how effective their marketing is, or how people like the product. They don't do product satisfaction surveys.

As for the original article being discussed, I knew nothing about this until I read it on bluelight, however the other day at a local community centre I saw a warning about this dated from september of last year! The same centre regularily posts warnings about bad heroin on the street, or bad lots of morphine etc.