• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New type of Insulin Syringe Filters 90-95% particualte filtration

Chemist4Hire

Bluelighter
I recently found this new type of Filter at least I think it's new, its based in the UK and it is far better than and not like your standard cigarette filters and cotton balls. This is a filter built into a one size fits all Insulin Syringe CAP. for standard 1cc/1ml Insulin hypodermic all in one disposable syringes. It is just as good or better than a ( 0.22?m micron filter ).

Its the Sterifilt: Image below
NSFW:
iu

Product Description:
The sterifilt is a purpose made single-use filter for illicit drugs. The polypropelene membrane filters particles, but retains virtually no drug.

The sterifilt fits all makes of all-in-one insulin syringe, it does not attach to the 2ml nevershare with the luer lock fitting.

The sterifilt has been shown in laboratory studies conducted by Jenny Scott at the University of Bath to remove 90% of the particles measuring less than 5 microns, and 99% of all particles greater than 5 microns from the solution, which means it will reduce lung damage caused by particle injection.

The sterifilt has been tested with brown heroin, white heroin, cocaine and many types of crushed tablets and has been shown to be an effective filter that stops particles being drawn through, but does not retain the drug.

Did you hear that 99% particulate materials removed from Cocaine, Heroin Powder/Tar, Crystal Meth, Powder Meth, Crushed up Pharmaceuticals when the particulates where greater in size than 5 microns, 90% when the particulate size is less than 5micron's. Junkies rejoice8o. I will ask the moderators if I can List a source for these wonderful contraptions of filtering mastery. (since they are not illegal, and the purpose is for harm reduction).
Image below on instructional use in pic:
NSFW:
f314_sterifilt_leaflet_2.jpg

Is the sterifilt compatible with all syringes?
The sterifilt fits ALL fixed needle 1ml insulin-type syringes including the Nevershare, and the BD microfine insulin syringe. The Sterifilt also fits onto all 'luer slip' syringes for detachable needles. If you're using a syringe for detachable needles, then you use the sterifilt before you put the needle on.
Is it single-use?
The sterifilt is designed to be a single use device. The main reason cigarette and other makeshift filters are reused is that they retain around 10% of the drug – the sterifilt retains no fluid, and no drug so there is no incentive for re-use.

In addition the polypropelyne membrane is weakened by moisture causing it to tear if the sterifilt is re-used. We have had reports of people conserving sterifilts and re-using them, which is not recommended. The care required means sharing is less likely than with makeshift filters.
Quality
The sterifilt is a CE marked sterile medical device. It has a plastic body which fits onto the syringe, over the needle. At the bottom there is a hi-tech polypropylene membrane that forms the filter. The filter is welded to the sterifilt by using ultrasound waves that melt the plastic around the full circumference of the sterifilt, before the filter is applied and trimmed. Every sterifilt is carefully checked before packing to ensure the filter is properly welded.

Anyways,
These filters are easier to use than micron filters and they make drawing up much more sterile at least for your pin/rig. you can also ask your Local needle exchange to carry them, the company that makes them will send sample packs to any NSP worldwide.

Why would I use a Sterifilt over my cotton when shooting drugs/pills?
Because using cottons filter less than 60% particulate materials out of your junk, and that leads to health problems like: Talcosis (will ruin your lungs), all those inactive ingrediants in your body and build up on your heart and many organs, there are even some inactive ingredients in pharmaceuticals that your body can't dispose of properly causing kidney/liver failure.

"Be safe, research before use, moderation is key, see you on the otherside" -Chemist4Hire

Last edited:
Just to clarify from an HR perspective, 90% of particulates under 5 microns isn't really that great. Having said that, this would be dramatically better than most DIY solutions, certainly. So I'm fully in favour, especially if they start delivering them to needle clinics in the UK for free use.

Yeah my bad I guess they been out for a while but its the first I've heard of them. I guess any needle exchange can request them along with burners and alcohol wipes. They also send them to individuals with stealth shipment completely descreet labeled medical supplies. Shows up as numbers on package, and I'm all for it, with the current laws in the united states its near imposdible to practice harm reduction when there is zero saftey information and general usage info available at least by any chemists that could show medical credibility.
They ship worldwide to both NSPs and junkies in need.

I've been putting together Suboxone experemental studies logs together. Personal write-ups, daily dose logs, extraction reports, done several weight tests and even calculated absorbtion percentages with weighing the solvent before mixing with solute and after then compare weight and calculate. I even found iso alcohol 99% increased bioavailability by 20% sublingually when used to evap some buffers and fillers and eho knows maybe some naloxone as well but the BA increases, never consume isopropyl alcohol, i let it fully evaporate but only for tests.