• NMI Moderators: M!$TER-ED | SoCalShordie

New to here but fascinated

Stevethecunt

Greenlighter
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
16
I basically have a few things.

I cannot smoke weed or cannibis in anyway, i get so paranoid now it is pointless and it is not any fun at all. No idea why.

I did however have 2 horrific experiences in amsterdam on magic mushrooms. I was a lot younger and did not respect them. I thought they were just hippy bull shit. They were not and i see things to this day 10 years later i cannot eplain. My family has a history of mental illness and i can only guess this was what happened during my trip. It was incredibly profound but very scary. Now i am older i wpuld like to explore it but feel silly i have kids and a 9 to 5 its not something i feel i can risk again.

My thing is cocaine, for some reason it resonates with me and i am able to enjoy it free of the paranoia all other drugs bring. I dont know why that is.

Really want some advice on the mushroom trips i had, they were very deep and i eat a whole box so was mega dosed in a very unfamiliar setting. Was i bad because of my setting or is the sense that i can get some answers true?

Always wondered.


Steve
 
Hey Steve, welcome to Bluelight ;)

You can ask your questions about the mushrooms over at the Psychedelic Drugs sub forum. There's a lot of knowledgeable folks there that love to share what they've experienced.
 
Nope, just start a thread and the right folks will answer. There's a LOT of experience and knowledge in that forum.
 
Thats weird but computers n shit not my thing. Just tey posting in another forum like homeless threads and mod will move it.

But yeah man if you just eat shit loads of unfamiliar mushrooms not appreciating whats about to happen and are in a strange place of course youre going to go loopy. But not for that long.
 
Honestly i was 20 and i thought they were some hippy kind of nonsense i didnt have any preparation at all and i was in a cannabis cafe full of people on a Friday night in amsterdam. My friends took me back to the hotel and left me there all night and no joke the things that i see and happened in that room were something i have never forgotten.

I cant understand if it was real and it was spiritual or i was just crazy for them hours. But it felt like days and days. I actually touched and interacted with things.

The next day when i came round i was covered in spots and my whole body hurt.

It was so profound it changed me forever.

I have always wondered would i be able to handle it better and see more if i was older like now and more calm.

I dont think mentally i could cope with the exact same experience again though.


Steve
 
I think older people that have not continued to use psychedelics all along do have to deal with a certain amount of fear. That fear (of being completely out of control) could influence the tenor of the experience for sure. I have heard of people approaching it a couple of different ways. The most important thing has become almost a cliche except that it is entirely true: set and setting. Establish your reasons or intention for tripping--i.e. is there something in particular that you want to explore or is the mystery of what may ensue the exploration itself? Then pay attention to setting. For me, being in nature is imperative but that might not be true for everyone. Having a trusted person trip-sit you while you are under the influence can be also very reassuring.

As far as what happened way back when in Amsterdam? One of the things I love about psychedelic exploration is that all notions of sanity and insanity get thrown out the window along with notions of what is real and what isn't. The spiritual world--without drugs of any kind--has always included these same kinds of experiences so who is to say?
 
Top