• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NEW MEMBER NEEDING HELP!!! - subs taper

JunkJunkie

Greenlighter
Okay, so I am 42 years old. I've been using anything and everything, mainly tho my DOC was any opiate I could get my hands on, including H, since the age of 16. My addiction was horrendous!! I have tried numerous times for years to get to clean. I have FINALLY reached the milestone of having a year and 2 months clean and sober!!!! Which I am so proud of myself!! Well, some will argue that because I've been prescribed suboxone for a year. Anyways, I'm not looking for negativity to be honest!! I'm sick and tired of the suboxone. After a while one just becomes dependent on it. I've done so good and definitely dont want to mess it up, but I've got to stop the subs. I WANT to stop the subs!!! A lil backstory... I was asking my doctor to start weaning me off so I was down to 18mgs a day I did not know that, for some reason it just never registered with me, nor was i told, that I couldn't take kratom being in the program i was in. Well I hurt my back at work and for a month on and off I took a couple kratom here and there. I ended up failing a drug test for it. The program I was in gave me 2 choices #1) go back to inpatient rehab for another 6 months (just graduated that July 2020) #2) go to outpatient rehab 4 days a week/5 hours a day. Well I definitely wasnt doing option #1 nor #2. If I had of chosen outpatient rehab I would have had to quit my job which would result in loosing my house and car. I just said eff it. I told my counselor I would just have to detox myself because I had no other choice in the matter. Well I've done great. I'm down to 4 mgs a day right now and have been for a couple weeks. I still have like 10 8mgs left along with like 14 or 15 2mgs (I take the strips)
YALL PLEASE HELP ME! What is the best way for me to finish cutting down so my WDs are at least bearable????? Will kratom help once I quit taking the subs???? I've not touched kratom since I failed that test, which has been right at aa month ago.

I'd try to cut off a day on the weekend but otherwise just take as little as possible to get through work. Cut em halves, then thirds, then quarters. and when you're almost out try a day without the subs and use the kratom as needed to ease symptoms.

I'd try to cut off a day on the weekend but otherwise just take as little as possible to get through work. Cut em halves, then thirds, then quarters. and when you're almost out try a day without the subs and use the kratom as needed to ease symptoms.
That is pretty much what has crossed my mind. I just know I never wanted to experience those opiate type WDs again (bc mine was worse than horrible ones) and here I am. Smh. Makes me so mad for having 2 months clean and the rehab I went to suggested me taking these things. Don't get me wrong, they've helped me tremendously, but I wish I would have just stayed away. Oh well, live and learn everyday, still even at my age! Lol.

Hey there @JunkJunkie :) welcome to Bluelight.

I'm gunna shoot this over to Health abd Recovery, where you will have more visibility.

Wicked proud of you. Keep it up. Don't stop for anything.

Peace.

I just know I never wanted to experience those opiate type WDs again
Hi and welcome to bluelight.
Look like this addiction thing has been a path of thorns for you. No worries... it is the same for the rest of us who live with it daily so knowing that many have been through this before, at present and will undoubtedly in the future; also know that addiction isn't the end in itself. Although many will lose to the drug game, some will use it as a riser in an attempt to exit a cellar - so to speak.
I agree that the subs ya have can be used as a tool to get away from where you are instead of a chain that will keep you dependent. If the substance can be tapered to basically zero over the longest possible time at the lowest possible dose, the intensity of withdrawal will be far less than full on Wds. I know we do not have unlimited subs to work with so we do the best we can. Once we get to where we are out of subs... we wait until we feel we gonna bug (if it ever happens) and use the kratom if needed. Obviously there is prior experience with the botanical so you know the potential dangers there. If there are withdrawals after kratom... they will be minimal compared to the full agony that "harder" opioids would bring.
So....
The biggest asset here (IMO) is that you know you can fight this and win. This alone could see this through from my experience. It is a huge weapon and if handled correctly can see one through worse hells than drug addiction.
Much to say but I think you already know. ;)
Ya got this... Breezy says so. lol