• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New guy! Music and Mind

withabuzzinourears

Greenlighter
Hey everybody! I have been reading the bluelight forums for any information I need for about two years, along with erowid. Now after all this time I decided to make an account. Anyway, I am a pretty decent guy and I am very into music. I am also incredibly interested in psychoactive substances and their effects on the mind, and their effects on music production and appreciation. My favorite music varies greatly from Bright Eyes to Sigur Ros. I am a very avid post rock listener, and I think it is an incredibly creative and hypnotic genre that has a spirutual aspect as well as great musical properties. I play guitar in a post rock group, and I play guitar in an acoustic indie group as well. We just put out an album! If you are interested in hearing it let me know! But anyway, I also take countless music classes at school, and I participate in the MA all state and central district orchestra along with various extra curricular orchestras for the string bass. I also play the string in my schools jazz band, which has proved to be very tiring but also a great learning experience. I am a semi experienced user of psychoactives, but I have more than my fair share of knowledge on mostly every category of drug. I have always been strangely interested in meditation and brainwave frequencies but mostly psychoactives. I hope to expand my knowledge of the topic with the help of all of you! Thank you so much for your time!

Bright Eyes has been the single most influential thing that got me writing music. Even if it gets labeled crappy depressing junk, I dont care, I will always love it! Thanks for the welcome!