The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

New doctor help

Tifalokhart

Greenlighter
If this is posted in the wrong area I apologize in advance. I've had restless leg syndrome for a while now and I was always prescribed the pill tramadol which worked really well but this new doctor explained that it was weird that I was prescribed it and pulled it up on her phone that the pill is not for restless leg treatment so she prescribed me what is called requip and for 3 weeks I've been taking it but I've also thrown up and had serious nausea and two ER docs said the pills were making me sick and when I explained what my new doctor told me both of them were confused and told me tramadol was normally prescribed for RLS even proved it by looking on their phone and computers. if I explain this to my doctor at my appt tomorrow will it sound as if I am arguing with her because I don't want to cause trouble for her or anyone thank you for your time

and i dont know if an alternate use for tramadol is RLS but it is primarily prescribed for pain.

if you had been on another narcotic and reported RLS to that doctor and he put you on tramadol odds are he did so because he felt you were going thru withdrawal symptoms from whatever other narcotic you were on.

you can always talk to your doctor about remaining on tramadol but do so in a way that doesnt come off as stand-offish or the slightest bit angry.