• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New anxiety thread!

redsky1718

Bluelighter
anxiety !

watsup? BL's i recently quite smoking pot 2 1/2weeks ago, and really cut back my drinking to 2 maybe 3 beers at the end of the night. But some days i will get really bad anxiety and all get a panic attack here and there but not often. My question is what you guys do for your anxiety/panic attacks? how do you deal with them and how bad do they get for you?=D

Last edited:
You remember that turtle from Rocco's Modern Life? That's totally me. "I'm nauseous, I'm nauseous!"

My anxiety causes me to vomit on a regular basis when the situation is even a bit overwhelming.

Ever since I stopped smoking hard and doing any other hard drugs and cut down on pot it has been incapacitating more days than not.

What I do is smoke a bowl or nap, it's the only thing I have been able to find to calm me down over the past maybe 6 years other than benzos which I don't fuck with anymore.

Anxiety sucks! :(

Is this the anxiety thread? Sorry if it's not I'm not exactly sure, I mean I double checked but you know it could still i dunno.

So anyway about anxiety, oh hey, sorry about that before, I'm pretty sure now that this is the right thread okay now where was I.

Ah yes, I was gonna, oh hmmm. what was I gonna say? Oh I'm being annoying aren't I? Oh goddamn I'm such a fool. I'm so sorry, I'll leave now. Ok. Bye. Heh.

it's the alcohol. since it acts on the GABA receptors akin to benzos, and GABA regulates norepinephrine (which causes anxiety,) once you remove the means to regulate it... your anxiety flows freely. only way to get it under control is to quit the alcohol altogether until your neural activity returns to normal. there are other ways, but they're not in tune with bluelight's mission statement. or mine.

I have used Valerian for my anxiety.
I know kava kava works well also-
But when I bought the Valerian I was still taking benzos and I guess its not so good to take with kava....
The Valerian worked well and have been thinking about getting back on it......

Deep breathing helped me as well....

Alcohol, huh? I've heard this many times but never done too much research on it. I don't get really bad panic attacks or anything anymore, but sometimes my heart will go crazy and be palpitating for no reason, sometimes making me dizzy and pass out. It happens when I work really hard out too. I wonder if alcohol is the cause. I do drink about 2-4 times a week and have anywhere from 4-10 drinks when I do so.