• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Never Again

Tude

Bluelight Crew
She walked through the rain, tears steaming down her face. Her unkempt hair blew into her face despite repeated attempts at brushing it back. Her navy blue peacoat clung to her like a sixth epidermal layer, as did her pleated skirt and leggings. Her boots offered the background percussion accentuating her march of shame, squishing quasi-comically.

Her tears stirred from a deep, deep place inside her; a place that had become all-too-familiar. She had failed yet again. Once again, she'd been played for a fool. Although she was well-acquainted with disappointment, this time was different. From beginning to end, this was different. In the past, a relationship would start but would pull a Hindenburg before too long.

But this, this had held more promise. Everything had been going well. Hell, it had gone past the two-week mark! Sweet messages, compliments, confidences, jokes were shared. For the first time, she was the party of an equal exchange. This was no Tower of Piza. "So this is what it's like!"

There was no signs, no explanation for the abrupt turn of events that left her cold in their wake. Out of nowhere, he dropped out of her life, like all the others. Silence enveloped her, an unwanted companion. This latest failure hurt far more than all others combined. She really thought she had it right this time! He'd been so supportive and caring. Her independent nature had become accustomed to him.

She'd gone walking around the block that evening, ruminating, pondering what she did that pushed him away. Would she ever see him again? Would this be the swan song to their pre-existing friendship? Would he ever come back? The more she thought, the more the tears flowed. She missed him so much! For someone to be there every day, and abruptly leave is incomprehensible.

Rage now flooded her body. How could he do this? WHY?! Her steps quickened, water splashing up her leggings. How did she miss the signs? How could she let herself get caught up like that? "I don't need anyone!!!" Although her crying had stopped, her body still heaved with sobs. She shook with anger.

She realized she did nothing wrong. She did whatever she could to make him smile. For some reason, he didn't appreciate what she did. She was a good person who fell for the wrong man. A man who didn't deserve her. In this knowledge, she let go, let go of him and her silly idea of finding love.

She walked back home. The rain abated as she walked up the little cobblestone walkway to the front door. She walked in, changed her clothes, and wiped her face. Her hair was the only reminder of her encounter with the rain. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she smiled.

This is the story of a girl whose trust was betrayed. A girl who is permanently off the market, not because she is taken, but because she doesn't want to be.

This reminds me of several friendships I've lost. Having an innate difficulty with reading social cues leads to many situations like this for me. It's surprising and viciously painful every time it happens, although I should probably come to expect it by now. Is this based on a personal anecdote of yours? If it is, I admire your bravery in sharing this part of yourself with us. If not, it still is able to resonate with me and many others, I assume.

This reminds me of several friendships I've lost. Having an innate difficulty with reading social cues leads to many situations like this for me. It's surprising and viciously painful every time it happens, although I should probably come to expect it by now. Is this based on a personal anecdote of yours? If it is, I admire your bravery in sharing this part of yourself with us. If not, it still is able to resonate with me and many others, I assume.

First off, I really appreciate your comments! To answer your question, this little story is based on a personal anecdote to a certain extent. The events that led to me writing this weren't nearly as heart-wrenching or dramatic.

This is so well written Tude. I always love reading your posts! :)

Also, I can relate to this a lot! But I don't really care to elaborate. :\

A. <3

This is so well written Tude. I always love reading your posts! :)

Also, I can relate to this a lot! But I don't really care to elaborate. :\

A. <3

Thank you!!!!! Your writings are the cat's MEOW!