• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Needs some info to detox and recover

You should feel good about that, getting through the early stages is very tough. If the kratom is working, by all means continue doing what you're doing, but only take it for 4-6 days, then jump. You're not going to feel great, but the acute part should be over by then.

Yeah idk if it’s the kratom
Or a combination of that and the ibuprofen but I feel great

It's not the ibuprofen, i assure you that. Not at this stage at least. I'm 26 days in, and I'm just starting to feel like my old self. Lack of energy, and achy legs, along with natural sleep were the last to come back, but it happens, so stay strong young man, get out of this hell now.

It’s been a full 48 hours now ...never thought I’d see the day

It’s wierd tho it really hasn’t been that bad for me so far .... well it’s been mad but I’ve been. Bombing myself with kratom did much less today tho ..... I slept like 6 hours the first night and naps thought the day today I feel like I’ll watch movies and fall asleep very late tonight but

Good for you, man! I'm on day 4 with Kratom. You had almost twice the addiction I did but I had mine for 2 years. Kratom is awesome!!! Way to go, you can do this. We both can.

So
Today I had been sober for
About 72 hours when I
Did about a .1 grams of heroine I sniffed it .... hardly anything I didn’t get highbut I broke
Down and took the edge off .... heroine isn’t my drug of choice but I work as a
Tattoo artist and its readily available in my tattoo shop.... should I be expecting to
Start back at square one with these withdrawals ?

Have you considered that (every?) tattoo shop is probably gonna be a bit tricky for kicking this? And I know career options for tattoo artists are probably pretty limited to heroin-adjacent tattoo parlors.

I know there are lots of former addicts who can spend all day near their former DOC without a problem . . . once they've completely burned their addictions down, made potash from the ashes, and IDK, fertilized all the tomato vines. Then let the birds fly away those addiction-tomatoes, all the way back to hell.

I guess you could try to convince mgmt that having heroin on the floor is a bad idea? Seriously this doesn't bode well, you need a contingency. Or please let me know what I'm missing.

I don't know about the wd, never done h. I know the stuff I read about Oxy and other opiates did not say "start back at square one" or anything like that. You had a set back. No big deal. Try, try again. DO NOT keep using or you will definitely be back a t square one. Don't throw away all that fucking rediculous agony and have it have been for nothing!

I'm on day 5 with Kratom and am realizing that I am not just going to wake up with no withdrawals one morning and be free. I had been just taking how ever much Kratom I needed to function - sort of. Days 1-3 were in bed even with the Kratom. I went and bought a scale today so I can measure the amount I'm taking and taper down. Hopefully quickly. Ive read a lot of the Kratom mega thread and sounds like there's some withdrawal from it, too. Ugh. BUT, its a shit ton better than what I was up against.

You can do this. START NOW.

For me, and it sounds like you too, is that Kratom is not incredibly pleasant for me, so I should have a pretty easy time tapering. (The hot face, sweaty pits and dialated pupils I'm dealing with seem to be a Kratom side effect for me - fun.)

Last edited:
I'm on Day 2. Using kratom and some other odds and ends. Sitting at my desk. RLS, sweats. No fun.

And B045t, it sounds like maybe the fact that you were not hooked for very long is great in minimizing your discomfort and the severity. I'm years into my cripplling oxy addictio, and every WD seems to be worse than the last