• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need some guidance please

• Thread starter NeedSomeHelpPlease
  • Start date
N

NeedSomeHelpPlease

I have been taking prescribed oxycodone 30mg x 3 for 2 years plus 30mg x 3 of morphine ER for chronic lower back pain. I am wanting to use alternative methods to control the pain so I took myself off the ER and has been 11 days now. My dr gave me Clonidine and that has helped a lot! Now the hard part... I have been trying to taper the oxycodone and am down to about 45mg (1.5 pills) per day but I am Veronica ry much experiencing WD... can't sleep, no concentration etc. the whole gambit. My question for anyone with some advice is: I have broken down all my remaining meds ... my plan is 15mg per day for 3 days broken down to halves, then 10mg per day for 3 days then 5mg per day for 3 days and then last dose of 5mg. I just started this last night and am pretty darn miserable!! Is this a good plan? After about 7 hours or so it gets really bad... but then I take the 15mg and I can then function for a period of time... is this the best plan? Or should I just stop completely at this point and get it all over with? I have the time off of work, but my biggest problem is that I need to take care of my little girl while going through this... any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Clonidine is a good idea, also take magnesium suplements if you can, they really help. Kava kratom or even cannabis if they are legal where you are are good natural alternatives, but bear in mind they are still drugs, with their own side effects and addiction potential so you probably will not want to use them but if so reaseach them first. If you gradually reduce your dose of opiates you will have less severe withdrawal than stopping suddenly, and magnesium and clonidine should make it bearable.. so that's the best plan in my opinion anyway, and stay entertained and distracted when you can. hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Why do you reduce and want to get rid of painkillers if they work? There's no opiate-shaming that's legit imo. Although you could have some help with ketamine cream and smaller doses of oxycodone and morphine, or ketamine tablets, but those creams they make with ketamine, lidocaine, an NSAID, amytriptyline or nortryptiline and lyrica all in one cream did wonders to someone I know who was taking 30mg HydromorphContins (highest dosage) 2 at a time every 12 hours with 3x8 Dilaudid IR for breakthrough pain. He's now lowered this to 2 24mg HydromorphContins and 2x4mg Dilaudid for breakthrough pain with the help of this cream + Cesamet (in Canada Cesamet is approved for chronic pain patients to lower dosages needed for opioids, I think an American doctor could prescribe it this way off label I guess, I think it is only for chemo nausea and lack of appetite in the US, it works best for the lack of appetite, I never had cancer thankfully, but I was given those 1mg Cesamet capsules, and it's like, it gets you high, but if you take it late, you'll wake up in this..wow I feel like when marijuana was pleasant to me (in my case it's not anymore, but Cesamet is the only medical cannabinoid that feels amazing, eaten, 1mg is a big dose, there's 0.5 capsules, 0.25 even, never seen them though. So as I was saying, it helped with appetite and humour as in feeling normal/positive plus an appetite that's like when one starts smoking weed, endless appetite, so I bet it works like nothing else (other than actual weed), but weed reacts differently with people so much because of the varieties, Cesamet has no anxiety feelings attached to it. Food for thought.