• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Immediate Advice

Vench

Greenlighter
Hello, ill try to keep this short, im on supior medicaid and just got out of tge emergency room for sertonin syndrome, while there I admitted I have been on methadone and hydrocodein for six years, from my sister for my scoliosis and curvature of the spine, im actually getting my spine fused next month, anyway I was put on a taper for three days then released, but im in so much pain ive tried to fet off myself for years and need medicated help, wether that is suboxone or in patient rehab. Im 20 and have an appointment with my primary care physician at 4:30, but im not sure he will even be able to help, advice please

I'm not sure what advice you are looking for but I'm really sorry to hear the pain you are in. I hope that the doctor visit goes well--are you there to discuss pain management?

Help

He knows I was admitted for syrtonin syndrome because I asked for him to be notified, but I don't know if he knows about my methadone and hydrocodein use, but even if he doesn't im gonna confess and tell him everything, I just said it was an emergency, I actually poured them down the toilet but found a little piece of both and took them, I threw up about 35 minutes after releazing i probably reset 5 days of detox, but its probably too late

Im gonna see if he can prescribe suboxone or recommend a rehab or SOMETHING, I don't even know what advice im asking for all I know is ive tried for six years on my own to get off of them and im out of will power

My appointment is in an hour and a half, I suppose how to go about telling him I need help and how to go about it,hes my primary care physician and ive known him for abput five years and he used to go to the same church as me

Just be honest and open with him and tell you have tried to quit on your own and that you are in pain and everything else that comes into your mind.

Best thing I did for a while was admitting my addiction for a Dr.

He prescribed me a low dose of Ambien, im seeing my physiologist tomorrow and hes who im really scared of telling, thinking of going to outpatient rehab or finding a suboxone doctor