• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need help with suboxone

Thatflashingthing

Greenlighter
Ugh so originally was looking for help with a suboxone taper, except i went back to using. At this point im finally ready to quit. Ive been taking extremely small doses of subs for like 4 days now. Every morning i feel a tiny bit crappy, prolly isnt as bad as i trick myself into believing. Anyways, am i just prolonging the inevitable by taking the subs? Should I just man up and stop the suboxone? I WILL NOT go on maintenence. I dont care what anyone says..l get that it can help my brain recover, but Im,(hopefully at least )1000% ready to quit. Im done going to ghetto everyday for a fix. Wondering when im going to get arrested, or robbed/shot. Anyways, this last run was thankfully short. 3 to 4 months, half bundle or less a day. I know i won't magically be cured so i plan on networking, going to meetings, playing music again, exercising. Am i better off taking subs for a day or 2 more? I only have about a mg left anyways...not sure if im prolongimg everything, or if the worst has passed. Someone help. There is waaaay too much conflicting informarion all over the Internet, it kills me. Sorry i sound like a noob, im just sick of this lifestyle. I want to be clean of everything...

Anyways, back to my original question...am i just proloning everything, or has the few days ive used the subs helped? Should i stop taking them? I literally have not taken any more than 3 to 4 mg in the span of 4 days now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry im all over the place, im just a mess...hate feeli g this way.

Hey, how much did you take per day? I would advise to taper down to less than 0,5mg/day and then stop. 1mg/day is still a relatively high dose to jump off from. Buprenorphine is very potent stuff.
If you have 1mg left, take 0,5mg one day and the next two days 0,25mg, then quit. Comfort meds that will help you after that are Loperamide (Imodium), Gabapentin, Clonidin, Benzos, Magnesium and Multivitamins.

Take care and good luck!

Even if i just took for a couple of days? I honestly dont even think i took 1mg a day. I broke off tiny bits from a sub pill, so it was really hard to tell exactly what i took. I feel ok today so far and it would be day 5 no opiates, except only day 1 no subs. We'll see what happens i guess. Im gonna get some nugget and just smoke a bowl here and there. I think ill be ok from here on. Hopefully this time ill stay off the junk. Im really trying. Thats all i can really do. Anyways, thx for the info. I think im good. Im a little sweaty with extremely minor crawly skin, but nothing even remotely serious and uncapable of being delt with. Its still annoying either way. My biggest issue is that im super tired. Thankfully, its friday.

You're doing the right thing by just using subs to detox. I would just take the rest of what you have over the next 2 or 3 days. Even a little crumb of a sub pill can help the heroin withdrawal. I was on sub maintenance for about 6 months and did really well. However I ended up not being able to pay for my clinic anymore and decided to just taper off as I had saved up about 40 8 mg strips. I tapered over 3 months and still had god awful withdrawal when I jumped off. This lead to me using heroin and it's again which lead to a near fatal overdose. I just went back to my sub clinic yesterday and got back on maintenance. I'm getting two 8mg strips a day but I'm not falling into the Suboxone trap this time. I'm going to only take about 2mg a day and up tons of extra strips for a few months. I'm going to save enough that I can take 2mg a day for the next year and taper down to about 0.25 mg before I jump off.

If you're doing a rapid sub taper, NO you're not prolonging the wd's, if you continue to use bup' for a few weeks, then YES, you are prolonging it.
Now just cause you're technically not prolonging the inevitable, doesn't mean you're in the clear of wd, you still may face some acute symptoms, and surely will face paws symptoms, meetings and a support system is a wise idea!

Good luck, Hopeless..

My brother who had a massive opiate tolerance went off 600mg oxy to 4mg sub for a few days then 2mg, 1mg all down to 0.1mg over one month and claimed he had no wd last I talked to him at 5 days off the sub

Thanks 7nos - Shit like this is what terrifies me. I dont want to get stuck on subs and then end up detoxing for weeks. I just want to take tiny little crumbs for a few days and hopefully get past most of it. My run this time around was only 3, 4 months max with never doing more than 5 bags of mediocre stuff at best. It was ived though. I dont even think it would have been that terrible if i completely ct'ed it, but why even bother if i have the sub laying around? I mean this situation is literally why i have it. Also, I dont think ill actually go through paws. My detoxing itself always has me anxious and depressed, but i usually get over it as soon as my energy and sleep patterns return to normal. Regardless, ive been in contact with support and people ive met by going to na meetings in the past and will make sure to hit up a meeting the second im done detoxing and gain some energy back. It is also a huge inspiration knowing i can always come here and talk to people who are going through the same thing and/or have already. Anyone who is goong through this right now keep your heads up. We'll get through this and be stronger from it. JUST NEVER GIVE UP! We're better than this stupid drug.

Last edited:
Jetthecaff - Wow! That is amazing to hear. Everyone's body is different though. Glad to hear he's gettinggetting clean. Just remember and remind him that what he does After detoxing is just as important if not MORE important than stopping in itself. Me and many others know exactly what i mean. I went to na meetings just about every day for 1.5 years after i stopped opiates my last time around. I was using for a few years and was using significantly more than this last go at it, but stopped going to meetings and eventually relapsed cause i let my guard down. I knew i wasnt cured, but i thought u had it under control. Well, obviously i was wrong. It tookme a while ro honestly admit im an addict and that's what ultimately fucked me at the end of the day. Good luck to you and ur brother in his recovery.

It depends if you feel ready to quit. I cold-turkeyed subs and am now over three months clean. My experience has been rough but I'm now going to AA meetings, am exercising once again and am finally beginning to go back to feeling normal. The thing is, you gotta be in it for the long haul. Your brain doesn't magically go back normal after being addicted. I'm still in post-acute withdrawal status (PAWS) and I'm still feeling kinda off, depressed and unmotivated almost three months later. Granted, I was addicted for eight years to oxycontin, heroin and stayed on subs for five years. To answer your question, I'd say you're prolonging it if you really want to get off. What no one actually tells you is that there is no right time to kick the habit. But I will tell you that things do get better.

I think you're going about the best way, taking sub long enough for the dope to exit your body, but not long enough to become dependent on subs, also the support groups are a great idea too! We're pulling for you bud, if you ever have a weak moment and feel like you might relapse, don't hesitate to come on hear and get some words of encouragement! Also you may want to check out the "The Dark Side" and "Sober Living" forums!

- Hopeless Soul