• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need help with suboxone/bupe induction, regarding tolerance, buzz and chipping

kyrie617

Greenlighter
First post here. Ive been scouring this site for a few months. Trying to come off a serious roxy habit. Obv can't afford anymore. I know the less is more and all the advice you can find on this site. But I'm having issues.

My problem is the energy, mood, motivation I received\ from opiates is necessary for me with my job at the moment. I am trying to successfully start suboxone. A long time ago I tried suboxone when I was a few days out of 10/325 and I got high. I know the power of bupe.

I have looked for an answer to this and can't find any direct help or advice. I know its possible to receive the energetic buzz and mood lift from bupe. I know less is more and 2mg or less is ideal dosage. I know that with little or no tolerance you can feel the bupe. My question is this..

What is the best and quickest induction for me get a buzz off suboxone. Not looking for a high, just some energy, mood lift and motivation. I took 2 weeks on subs with 4mg or less doses down to 2mg when coming off 300-350mg daily roxy habit. Can never feel anything, yes it helps with WD but thats it. Then I would take 2 days off subs do a few roxy and try to induce again. Still nothing. I know if I just went cold turkey for a week and started subs at 2mg or less I would feel it, but I cant take that amount of time of being bad at job. There has got to be a way to chip with DOC and induce bupe to somehow trick tolerance? If not, what is my best bet for the quickest induction to feel the bupe?

Once I can feel subs I will keep as low a dose as possible. Taking the necessary time in between doses so I can feel it (30 hours?) Any advice would be helpful. I know the basics, looking for something new to try.. Maybe after 2 days of DOC, take 1 day off everything, use ketamine, dxm to lower tolerance and induce after 36-48 hours after last doc? This way only 1 day off work??

Unfortunately off that habit you need like 48 hours opioid free- no induction, just 2-3 days of abstinence

one trick is snorting half a mg to get through work, and then skipping weekend

then even starting on 1mg by that point, and going to 2mg the next day, and you can get more typical full agonist effects from opioids

Unfortunately off that habit you need like 48 hours opioid free- no induction, just 2-3 days of abstinence

one trick is snorting half a mg to get through work, and then skipping weekend

then even starting on 1mg by that point, and going to 2mg the next day, and you can get more typical full agonist effects from opioids

Thank you. Let me add this to clarify, although it may not change anything. That habit was followed by 2 weeks of subs starting at 4-6mg, ending between 2-4mg the second week. Followed by 3 day roxies (around 120mg daily), then another week of bupe 4mg or less daily. Not sure if that changes anything but that is where I currently stand.

Yeah, because those doses maintened, effectively your habit/level of use, and so would have a high tolerance

Your gonna have to go through full blown wd for a day or two, trust me, it will be worth it if you have self control afterwards

Otherwise try and up the dose of bupe

May PM or post ideas if get the chance/inclination

Think I would have any luck with ketamine or dxm, supposedly they can help with tolerance. If so, what would be the best way (timing wise) to use those? Any other ideas?

anyone have thoughts on this? Im trying to make it 48 hrs cold turkey before suboxone induction so I can feel the subs. don't want work or gf to know, i hear ketamine can stop W/d symptoms, and thought maybe that can help make it through the 48 hrs cold turkey. I have also heard lyrica can do the same. any thoughts or experience with this?

I just went 18 hours , wasnt in major withdrawal but feeling pretty crappy, I took 2mg and another 2mg couple of hours later and was fine. How long and how much of a habbit may change things as I was only using for 6 days and only enough to keep my methadone WDs at bay. Its now been 11 days off methadone , 2 days cold turkey then 6 days of using small amounts to go to work then 2 days of suboxone 4mg first day then 3mg the next to nothing and feeling fine so far. No withdrawal symptoms. Just make sure you only take 2mg and see how you feel. Then have another 2mg if no PW's .
Good luck

Last edited:
just felt obligated to update here... I finally decided I had enough (yes months later than OP).. I tried to make it as long is I could without subs, but was up to about 450-500mg oxy day towards the end do w/d were pretty brutal. I used some K, Xanax, cbd, and vitamin stack, wanted to get some gabapentin but need Rx and couldn't go to Dr in time.

Anyways.. Im on day 4 now feeling ok. Last use was at 11pm before Day 1...

Day 1 was terrible, after an unsuccessful attempt to get DOC (THANK GOD) I caved about 24 hours in with 2 mg sub no relief, then 4 mg sub an hour late to help w/ds, and the second does did. I was able to sleep although still hot/cold sweats and other w/d symptoms- you name it, but not nearly as bad as without any bupe. Really wanted to get to 48 hours but don't think I could've without relapsing.

Day 2 I spoke to a good friend who quit opiates years ago, got some great advice and finally decided to tell my GF. Disclaimer - I know Im done this time, thats why I told her. I wouldn't have told her if I knew I had more using left, but I'm spending $400+ a Fkcing day and will be on H soon is the ONLY answer. Don't tell if you know you're not done, but if you are DO IT! It helped SO MUCH! Immediately felt w/d get better after a long talk, prob just being distraction, but I know if I was "sick" for a few days and never told her I would 100% relapse again, as I've done in the past. I knew I needed to go for a walk, and we went for a long walk at sunset time which helped w/d a lot!! Later when got back home w/d getting bad again, K not helping much, so took 4 mg sub and was ok.

Day 3 - feeling a little better, I now have a total of about 10 mg bupe (although prob much less cuz I'm really bad at keeping them under my tongue for long). GF was having friends over so I needed to get out the house, SCAREY! I decided the key was to excerice/distract. So I went to try to play golf. Wasn't sure if I could pull it off. I had a little blow to help with energy, as well as my vitamins and a 5 hr energy. Got to the course and after taking gross dougans in the clubhouse with a Korean guy next to me doing the same, but not from opiate w/d lol. Anyways, ended up playing golf and it was AMAZING! I had a few beers, did a little blow, smoked a bunch if cigs but no subs or opiates which is the main focus ATM. I don't mind crutching on other drugs that aren't opiates if they help me function while I get through this difficult time. Non compared to opiates for me, no where near as close. Its like sex compared to a dryhump. And I won't get addicted to dryhumping.

Day 4 - today feeling ok, not great by any means but not bad either. started to get a little bad and took 1 mg sub.

What I'm worried about is.. am I just delaying my w'd by using the subs? Ive research a TON, and so many conflicting reports. I am going to try to take no more bupe now. Thoughts on w/d going forward?

Summary for my detox if anyone is interested, and doesn't what to read above: This was my way so far, I know its not ideal and I am not doctor just felt the need ti share because reading others have really helped me. Also sorry if this reads very poorly I am still in w/d
1. I tried to get as far as poss withOUT sub
2. 12-24 microdosing K, cbd , vitamins and xanax (wanted gabapentin but no access)
3. 24 hrs gave into 6mg sub, but would recommend as little as possible for relief
4. Day 2 - about 36 hrs from last dose of DOC, spilled guts to GF and went on walk later in evening. Continued vitamins. Caved at around 48 mark with another 4mg sub
5. Day 3 - vitamins, 5 hr energy (supposed to have a lot of good vitamins for opiate w/d) some blow, played golf a couple beers and blow. felt GREAT. Again, I'm 100% focused on getting through w/d and will take anything non opaite to get through. NO SUBS
6. Day 4, feeling ok.. 1mg sub but feeling hopeful, decent energy, about 50% energy compared to -50% when w/d.

Vitamins I take
amino acids, l-tyrosine, anything that helps dopamine)
5 htp for serotinin (except when using blow)
multi-vitamin
milk thistle, NAC, Cranberry for liver
ashgawnada, and JOY for mood
Vitamin C
Potassium
Vit D

Anyone have anything to add to anything in this post?

Last edited:
I remember a thread here recommending 3 wait to detox with subs. One being a slow ween, the other being one big dose and withdrawing from there if there is any, and finally the last is kind of what you did by taking a large dose first than jumping down to microdosing before jumping off.

To each their own is pretty much the conclusion where from experience I have noticed the more one worries or causes themselves anxiety over withdrawals the more they will feel them. One could even bring about withdrawals worrying about them. The best way is to let go of the fear and just accept it will happen and whatever happens happens especially as it's happening if it does.

Maybe dose 0.5, 0.25, 0.125 and jumping from there. You could even care a water solution to dose it accurately. Just get off as soon as possible