View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need advice on LUCY and girlfriend

alshok

Greenlighter
Someone I met wants to take really potent LSD with his girlfriend this weekend for his birthday. It will be her first time taking lsd, but she has experimented with substances in the past. *I'm* scared she may have a bad trip since she gets bad anxiety from weed. Has anyone known or been someone that hates the feeling of being high on weed but had a great trip? *I'm* new to the world of LSD and knows he can focus if he needs to reassure her everything will be ok but who knows if that will work.

Also, *I* will be at a beautiful beach condo all alone with his girlfriend. Besides watching the waves come in and sitting next to a evening fire listening to music, what are some fun things to do while tripping? I downloaded fantasia and alice in wonderland as I have never seen them (I KNOW I KNOW). Any other amazing trip movie suggestions or activities. Thanks in advance! I'm new to posting to this forum but have loved reading it for substance knowledge for years. You guys rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
First welcome to bluelight! Second no SWIM here please it's pointless and makes it hard to read.. Now to business: definitely remain rock solid and confident in the fact that everything will be fine with her, cause it will be. Because you are introducing her to it and she trusts you it's your responsibility to be that rock in case there are moments where she gets freaked out or something. Personally I get a lot of anxiety from weed but not acid so I don't think they have anything to do with each other.
The beach setting sounds amazing. You will have an awesome time. If you guys are feeling it, sex on the comedown of acid is amazing :)

Ok good to know! I didn't know if referring to SWIM was required or not. In that case I'm really excited to drop 2 hits because everyone says it's clean and wonderful. I'm wondering if you have any favorite munchies to have around besides gushers while tripping? I'm pretty sure we'll be feeling sex on the comedown!

Psychedelics and cannabinoids are quite dissimilar. Anxiety on herb does not condemn one to any tripping difficulties.

Fantasia is a great choice, BTW.

hello and welcome!

you ll be at a beach condo alone with your girlfriend. no need to plan anything too grad really, personally id watch the stars and get sexy with my girl instead of a movie but whatever you feel man. theres no script to a perfect trip, and it would probably be wise and good if both of you took doses which you aready tried or on the low side... so if this is your first time with the blotter, just go for one as well...

i found with acid the trip has a bit of a life of its own, a story to tell. on a cabin trip i took, i walked for hours with my girl, we lay by the forest and listened to the trees, watched ferns in the wind and then returned in the cabin and had a laugh with friends... try to keep potentially dangerous activities to a minimum (like setting things on fire) and have complicated maters (like cooking, setting up a music playlist) sorted before the trip.

toys are nice. play frisbee, or with a kite or a ball. let your inner child roam eh :) its the beach, so how about running though the waves, trying to pick seashells and whatnot.
i try to not use movies and tvs for the trip as they kind of make the trip a bit dull... but thats just me.

foodwise i recommend fruit. and chocolate. :) i avoid meats and anything thats too heavy

Hey, just to let you know, using "SWIM" or anything like that to avoid self-incrimination is actually against the rules on Bluelight, so you'll probably want to edit that if a mod doesn't get to it first.

As I'm sure you're aware, psychedelics can cause unpredictable thoughts, feelings, behaviors, etc. but it's all part of the experience; take the good with the bad. Anxiety during the come-up is common, but once the effects begin, this typically goes away. Of course it's possible to get anxious or experience other negative emotions once you're peaking, but it tends to be situational and not based on any legitimate threat. You could also always have a benzo ready if you feel the anxiety may lead to your girlfriend having a negative experience, but it should only be used as a last resort since it will dull the trip.

This is just a personal opinion and a purely hypothetical situation, but I think one of the worst things you can do if you notice someone having a difficult time is to ask "are you okay?" It's a thoughtful question under normal circumstances, but it may cause that person to overanalyze the meaning behind it, "am I okay? why would I not be okay? what does okay even mean?", stuff like that. A better solution could be to physically embrace or comfort the person, let them know you're there and everything will be fine.

Anxiety from weed is not necessarily an indicator that someone will get anxiety from LSD since drugs affect people in different ways. What substances has your girlfriend experimented with in the past? If she's tried other psychedelics before, she should have a decent idea of what to expect, but experience with things like cocaine, opiates or alcohol which don't have many similarities to LSD probably won't make much of a difference in the outcome of the trip. It wouldn't hurt to have her read up on LSD a bit to address any questions or concerns she may have. In any case, mindset prior to ingestion and physical setting will have more of an impact than any psychological or physiological effects other drugs have on an individual. It sounds like you will be in a safe place and won't have to attempt to appear sober or anything, so as long as you're both in a positive mood, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I would recommend only giving your girlfriend one hit just to see if she reacts well. Most people can handle one hit just fine, but you never know. I don't mean this to sound offensive, but it is something that has occurred many of the times I've used psychedelics with girls, whether a girlfriend or just friends: at some point, they have a little emotional breakdown, usually over something very personal that has been intensified by the drug, and it can be difficult to handle in the moment. Bear in mind that females tend to show emotions more overtly than males, and it's most likely nothing to be overly concerned about. The following applies to anyone, male or female, but some people need time alone to process their thoughts; be respectful and don't take it personally if your girlfriend needs to lie down in another room or something like that.

As far as things to do, the possibilities are endless! It may be helpful to have a few things roughly planned out, but keep your options open. It's easy to change your mind in the midst of a trip, just go with whatever happens. Is the condo actually on the beach, or just close enough to see the waves? A walk on the beach sounds like it'd be excellent as long as there aren't too many people around and it's not too far from your home in case you need to get back quickly for whatever reason. I don't particularly like watching movies very much during a trip, especially acid. It requires too much attention and can get confusing or frightening which may influence your trip. Above all, there are plenty of other things to do besides watch movies, you can do that any time. If anything, save it for the comedown.

I like to draw a lot when I'm tripping so having some notebooks and pens (or whatever your preferred medium) would be cool if you're into that kind of thing. Music is pretty much crucial on psychedelics for me. There are plenty of resources for "trippy" music, so I won't go into it too much, but anything you listen to sober will likely sound that much better. Don't be under the impression that you have to listen to psychedelic music just because you're on LSD, either. Some of the best experiences I've had listening to music on acid have been with artists I wouldn't have really considered to be good for a trip. There's something to be said about the sounds your mind is capable of producing rather than what is already there in the recording. You'd be amazed at how incredible simple or minimal music can sound.

SEX!

That's all for this little novel I've been working on over here, so most of all, have a fun and safe adventure on your birthday trip :)

Yeah I would have very little interest in staying in and watching a movie whilst tripping at the beach. I'd dose a few hours before sunset so you get the transition from day to night whilst tripping. Running around in the sand the barefeet and splashing in the water can feel great when tripping.

^ this. I recently combo'd low dose LSD and 5-meo-mipt, 60 ugs & 10 mgs respectively, in Aruba. I wish I had just done the acid, but it was still OK. Just felt a little muddy and weird. But swimming felt amazing and people watching is insane. Anyway, great choice for setting. Stay low on dose and you'll be beautiful.

I hate smoking weed. I get very self conscious and bad anxiety. But I love fungi and L. But I usually drink with them if I'm not with my close friends.
And watching movies?? If it's raining out or your get weirded out on the beach in the dark or there's drunk people yelling then yes watch a movie. But I'd be out laying in the sand or building motes with sand castles behind them lol. And what perpetual said about sex on the comedown. I had the best sex of my life about 10ish hours after coming down from L. I felt like we were one. Amazing.

Sounds like a pretty fun time you have planned. I wouldn't be concerned about anxiety from weed indicating anxiety with LSD. My girlfriend will have a full blown anxiety attack if she smokes weed but loves LSD. I spent years as a regular smoker but no longer find the sensation pleasant, of course I still enjoy LSD though!

I would save the movie and fireside relaxing for after the peak. I generally find LSD too stimulating for stuff like that. If you can get away with running around on the beach without any safety risk or law enforcement contact, I would do that. Have fruit and water readily available. And most importantly, have fun!