• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need advice for first time with Oxy

purpedapples

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, brand new here and this is of course my first post.
I have very limited drug experience (weed and mushrooms once, tried up to 90mg codeine with T3s with no effect, and recently tried a couple strains of kratom with no effects yet).
I've just been given some pills from a friend who recently had surgery, he told me they had 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride with 325mg acetaminophen. I ran a search for the pills to be safe, and the results show that they are 5mg oxy hcl, not 10mg. I asked him and he insists they are 10mg, not 5.
The pills are round and white, with TEC on one side and a single score on the other.

I've been searching the forum, and I'm having a hard time finding info on the best way to take them, and appropriate doses for someone with no tolerance. If anyone has any advice that can help me make the most of my pills while being safe, I would very much appreciate it!
Thanks in advance :)

I would just take one . I used to be able to get a buzz off of a 5 Percocet

Yeah just take one by mouth and if that doesn't do it for you wait a day or two at least then try two at once.

Great, thanks for the advice. Is there much risk of nausea/itching with such a low dose? I find I'm somewhat sensitive to nausea, and don't want it to ruin my buzz.

There might be some nausea since you haven't taken oxy before, you can mitigate it by some degree by taking a low dose of diphenhydramine (benadryl).

I did this today for the first time funny enough, although I did 20mg insufflated which in retrospect was definitely too much and an amateur mistake, I got some significant negative effects, itching, hotness, dysphoria... 10mg was probably going to be nice until I redosed, but definitely also in retrospect, 5 would be the safer option.

I did this today for the first time funny enough, although I did 20mg insufflated which in retrospect was definitely too much and an amateur mistake, I got some significant negative effects, itching, hotness, dysphoria... 10mg was probably going to be nice until I redosed, but definitely also in retrospect, 5 would be the safer option.

I recommend you taking Oxy orally. The BA is high enough and in comparison with the insufflation lasts longer.
20mg is not much, but insufflation has a faster rise and can be uncomfortable. Oral 15mg the first time with a little cannabis is perfect.

DocLad

start low myabe 10mg. i always like 20mg as my dose but i think that may be higher than most with no tolerance. good luck and try to avoid frequenst use

Oh no, sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant experience. Have you tried again?

I did 5mg (orally) last Friday night. I took a benadryl about 20 minutes before, and a tums about 5 minutes before the oxy, on a relatively empty stomach. I think I started to feel slightly more comfy around 45 minutes, and around an hour and a half to two hours I felt a few weak waves of a "euphoria" of sorts. Over all it felt quite weak and underwhelming.
Being stupid and ignoring the recommendation to wait a couple days before trying again, I took roughly 7.5mg on saturday night with a benadryl. Felt absolutely no effect at all.
I still have 1.5 pills and will be getting 4 more soon.
I wonder if parachuting would be worth it for the next time? I also picked up some grapefruit juice to get me more bang for my buck.

Here in europe we have Oxynorm, which is Oxycodone Instant for sublingual use, I get 20 mg. tabs prescribed, which is cheap here, less than xx euro (not saying the exact price) for a box 28 tabs 20 mg.

First time, and they kick in heavy and fast, within ten minutes, I took 40 mg., I had major euphoria, the warm blanket feeling, nodding off (strongly), and I kept that dose at first.

(I get it l prescribed for pain because I have chronic pancreatitis due to an OD with multiple organ failure...)

Anyway, I already had tolerance to 60 mg. Morphine tabs and Heroin, so... I would not start with that dose.

I would say start with the smallest dose, also, are the pills IR or ER? Because if they are ER, don't just re-dose one hour later or so, because it will kick in slowly and it can take a few hours to kick in... ER is not as strong tho...

Don't panic if you start puking, I know so many ppl puking from first time Oxy, Morphine, Heroin, Vicodin,...

Warning signs are if you have trouble breathing, if your fingertips turn blue or if you get red dots on your skin, a lot of them, or if you are totally disorientated, in which case you probably won't be thinking about safety anymore...

Always have a Narcan Nosespray in your hand if trying a new Opioid or a new batch, and with Heroin make sure you get it either lab tested or otherwise definitely have Fent strips, only buy Fent-free Heroin!

(In Europe nothing is cut with Fent, tho you can just buy in two shops in my city alone that I know about, RC shops - Fent and ButyrFent, and... (Hexen, u-47700, o-dsmt, etc...)

Not using alone as newbie is also a good idea, so you have someone to help you if something goes wrong.

And now, just pop it and enjoy the ride! :)

EDIT: Oxy is actually quite an energetic Opioid (it's an Opioid, not an Opiate, all Opiates, like fe Heroin (diactelymorphine) and morphine, are Opioids, but not all Opioids, like Oxy, are Opiates), it takes more Oxy to nod off from it, there are weaker Opioids like Vicodin who will however give you a more sedative effect; Oxy has a flipside, you are energetic until a certain dose, if you cross that dose, you nod off, but then you nod off strongly! :) Due to tolerance I don't get much, and this happened fast, anymore out of Oxy's, so I don't really like Oxy that much: Morphine or DiacetylMorphine #4 are of course the ultimate high, but severely addictive, warning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in europe we have Oxynorm, which is Oxycodone Instant for sublingual use, I get 20 mg. tabs prescribed, which is cheap here, less than xx euro (not saying the exact price) for a box 28 tabs 20 mg.

First time, and they kick in heavy and fast, within ten minutes, I took 40 mg., I had major euphoria, the warm blanket feeling, nodding off (strongly), and I kept that dose at first.

(I get it l prescribed for pain because I have chronic pancreatitis due to an OD with multiple organ failure...)

Anyway, I already had tolerance to 60 mg. Morphine tabs and Heroin, so... I would not start with that dose.

I would say start with the smallest dose, also, are the pills IR or ER? Because if they are ER, don't just re-dose one hour later or so, because it will kick in slowly and it can take a few hours to kick in... ER is not as strong tho...

Don't panic if you start puking, I know so many ppl puking from first time Oxy, Morphine, Heroin, Vicodin,...

Warning signs are if you have trouble breathing, if your fingertips turn blue or if you get red dots on your skin, a lot of them, or if you are totally disorientated, in which case you probably won't be thinking about safety anymore...

Always have a Narcan Nosespray in your hand if trying a new Opioid or a new batch, and with Heroin make sure you get it either lab tested or otherwise definitely have Fent strips, only buy Fent-free Heroin!

(In Europe nothing is cut with Fent, tho you can just buy in two shops in my city alone that I know about, RC shops - Fent and ButyrFent, and... (Hexen, u-47700, o-dsmt, etc...)

Not using alone as newbie is also a good idea, so you have someone to help you if something goes wrong.

And now, just pop it and enjoy the ride! :)

EDIT: Oxy is actually quite an energetic Opioid (it's an Opioid, not an Opiate, all Opiates, like fe Heroin (diactelymorphine) and morphine, are Opioids, but not all Opioids, like Oxy, are Opiates), it takes more Oxy to nod off from it, there are weaker Opioids like Vicodin who will however give you a more sedative effect; Oxy has a flipside, you are energetic until a certain dose, if you cross that dose, you nod off, but then you nod off strongly! :) Due to tolerance I don't get much, and this happened fast, anymore out of Oxy's, so I don't really like Oxy that much: Morphine or DiacetylMorphine #4 are of course the ultimate high, but severely addictive, warning!

Wow, thank you so much for the fantastic advice!
Especially great advice for harm reduction, I really appreciate it and I'm sure many will find it very helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thank you so much for the fantastic advice!
Especially great advice for harm reduction, I really appreciate it and I'm sure many will find it very helpful!

Are you for real or being sarcastic here? Because I'm on a drug I actually never use, only now started it (while I did like every other drug in the world to the extreme), I now am on amp's, I was before also, but now really exploring it, and I find myself rambling on, I have a focus on the web and the energy rush I have is going into posts.

So IDK, was I rambling on in reply or are you really something with things I said? lol

Last edited:
Are you for real or being sarcastic here? Because I'm on a drug I actually never use, only now started it (while I did like every other drug in the world to the extreme), I now am on amp's, I was before also, but now really exploring it, and I find myself rambling on, I have a focus on the web and the energy rush I have is going into posts.

So IDK, was I rambling on in reply or are you really something with things I said? lol

For real! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I hope you weren't stressing out! I really appreciate your advice.
I can see how that could come across as sarcasm though haha, I'm just really enthusiastic.

So I tried again last night, ate 1.5 pills (about 7.5mg) because that's all I had left right now. Took it with a benadryl again as well.
After 45 minutes I was light headed and dizzy. I got a bit anxious for a short time but it was mild.
I did feel a bit of energy, maybe similar to caffeine. After an hour I felt a bit comfy, and when I stood up and started walking it felt similar to being a little tipsy. Then I started feeling like it was wearing off, and was just in bed listening to an audio book. After a little over two hours I experienced some very mild "euphoric waves, but it was even milder than the first time and didn't last for very long.

Is this just what oxy is? I'm a bit underwhelmed, maybe my expectations were to high? Or do I perhaps need to increase my dosage a bit, seeing as it's still very low at 7.5mg?
I have the 4 more 5mg pills coming that my friend owes me, then my experiment will be done. Maybe it's a blessing that I feel a little underwhelmed by them.

Yeah I'd call it a blessing. To answer your question though, 7.5 mg is a pretty light dose, you'd be fine at 15. I know I personally have a natural tolerance to opioids ( takes 30mg to feel anything), some people do, and some are hypersensitive to them.

Everyone reacts differently to them, as with everything else.