• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need advice about binge with Lots of Methamphetamine most preferably smokers

Jericovice

Greenlighter
This is not hypothetical, and it is important to me. I apologize if I come off as impolite or anything similar, if so please try to understand the situation. Kicking myself as I should have done this hours ago, but I was really conflicted about this thread. I really dislike talking about the business of others. Anything even remotely useful is really appreciated. My worst fear is that I'm a complete moron. Really hoping nobody tells me this is an emergency situation as I considered it and managed to convince myself otherwise someway.

Began when I went to kick it with the greatest of friends today and what I saw worries me a lot. This guy usually tends to have things under control, great for advice, talks about only buying what you plan on doing, taking things easy, slow, and with breaks. Reasonably responsible young adult that usually keeps his place pretty tidy, if compared to when I didn't use and lived alone. First glance I knew something strange was going on, it was a Total f-ing disaster zone all around where he sits. He had been smoking cigarettes inside, and has always been really adamant about nobody doing that. When I came in he sat up and it sounded like his whole spine popped! His kit was exposed and within easy reach. Most of the time unless he is spinning he leaves the door unlocked, so he usually keeps it well hidden otherwise.

All of these factors when combined with the ridiculous amount that I saw he had have lead me to believe he has been smoking almost constantly for at least a week or more, and prob had not moved from that spot for a large majority of the day at least. When I say a large amount I mean more than I would've thought I would ever see so estimating is difficult. Probably against the rules here, but it had to be a min. of 4 grams if not more, and the bag itself was big enough to easily have had twice that originally. Almost lost it when he could only tell me that he had gotten some "a week or two! ago." Meaning that's how much he still had left which made me beyond scared. I tried to observe the condition he was in to see if I should get help, but the most I have ever used is twice in a week at low dose. The best I could manage is he obviously was tired and dehydrated, His eyes were very bloodshot which I thought could be lots of things, and it was as though he had trouble figuring out how to say what he wanted to, and required more physical effort to speak which I thought might be having a dry throat for too long since he had a rasp at first. I didn't know what to look for as subtle danger signs, didn't mention pain no evidence of vomiting or diarrhea, while temp maybe little bit high if it wasn't normal, otherwise he seemed alright considering the possibilities. I tried to get him to tell me how much/often/long he'd been continuously using, and it was almost like I was suddenly talking to a whole different person. Whether he was just too out of it or was purposely changing subjects by being super random is unknown. It was behavior unlike anyone I've seen other than maybe a movie. No doubt way out of character. Not sure if it's possible, I feel like he might have been micro nodding on me, I figure if someone was that gone and became tired enough they could.

Forced him to eat some soup and drink a couple glasses of water during the couple hours I was there, and though I tried to talk him out of it in increasingly direct levels until I was pretty close to coming off as a total dick, during that time he was still taking a rip every 30-40 min. Before I had to go told him to answer when I called Filled three glasses of water and a grabbed a couple water bottles and set them nearby along with snacks and non-prep food he had on had on hand. I called him as often as every 30 min all night and kept telling him to stop spinning, drink the water, and keep answering the phone. I keep thinking I could be doing more, but I am at a loss as to what exactly. I did not want to leave him there alone, but I had absolutely no choice. I am going over again after work and no matter what gonna make sure he either stops or tries to throw me out regardless of the method required. I can't think of any better way because "dude I am your friend and I'm dead serious you need to take a break" is not getting even a moments consideration from him. Might be a terrible idea but I am contemplating hog-tying the damn idiot up and moving every thing out of reach if it comes to that even if I have to sit there all night and babysit.

I am so Terribly sorry to everyone!! I know this is not the real purpose here and this certainly isn't pieced together well at all and might have been shorter. I'm definitely not myself right now. Likely went overboard even ranted a bit too. It isn't fair to yall, I know it's not your problem, and we're not professionals. Yet even thoughts on how to approach this or what to say is something at this point. I know if I don't find a way I'll be unable to forgive myself. This guy is one the top 5 most important people to me he has been leagues more supportive and more involved in my life than my actual brothers even. If not for the things he said I would probably still be addicted to Heroine and dude was so dedicated we even ended up in a fist-fight over it once, so at the very least I owe him more than the same. I just gotta do something, so I'm gonna head that way now to scope the situation myself once more before work. I'll be checking back by phone and likely will be unable to answer any questions you make ask till much later in the day. Thank you so much for your time, Anything you think is helpful about: how to handle it/what not to do and even what the heck might be happening in his head during a state like this is so very appreciated

Bless you and all those in your life simply just for trying.

Last edited:
I moved your thread to other drugs.

I've never used meth and do not want to but it's up to your friend to stop using meth/re-dosing, and you did give him food and water, and asked him how he is. Keep checking up on him both via phone and in person. Tell him how if he's really bad that he should go to a hospital or seek medical attention.

In the mean time take care of yourself and don't re-dose or use more meth, eat some food, stay hydrated, and get some rest.

You're a really good friend Jerico, you've assessed the situation correctly imo, he's on a run of maybe a few days or so by the sounds of it - smoking indoors, chaos around his general vicinity and more than a ball of glass in front of him. Probably got that paranoia and decided to move inside to smoke cigarettes instead due to hearing things that in his mind were directed at him - sometimes a neighbour shouting at his kids can be enough to have a tweaked user run inside shut the door and draw the curtains and stay inside and then it's back to the pipe.......

I don't think trying to physically hold him down and hog tying him is going to help him mentally.....it may damage your friendship and he's lucky to have you and you clearly care for him like a brother. Sometimes we don't take the advice we give to others and drop the ball. I wouldn't suggest dropping roofies (insert whatever sleep inducing cocktail) in a drink and giving him that - but that's what I needed after a run like that...if he would just sleep so you could clean up the mess (take a photo of the bomb site to show him later) and get his place looking like it should, that would be helpful and you sound like the kind of friend who would do that for him.

No one could stop my binges but no one would be able to get to me during one or be aware of what's going on cos I wouldn't indicate I was available - even if my car was in the garage - I'd hold my breath if it meant the knocking on the door would go away. Good ol' meth. Good on you for being such a concerned friend Jerico.

Huge thanks to both of you, these posts kept me cool through the day. My brilliant approach this morning was suggesting I come by after work and we have a jam session. So when I came back he actually looked and seemed way better after a sec. I think it was just him getting pumped up. Any chance that can happen? Emotions helping your mind to override such a powerful stimulant for a while? I took rhythm mostly, and dude was he definitely on one and I wish Id' thought ahead so we could have recorded it. I really appreciate the support guys. Most helpful advice I've gotten in a long while from any source. I will do my best to follow your examples and pay it forward.

P.S. added the following day: So this afternoon I dropped in to check on my friend, who says that and looks like he didn't spin at all and even got some sleep. I had a great laugh at the face he made when showing him the photos of how trashed the place was and how goofy he looked like SKR suggested.

Before this happened I liked this site a lot, Now I really Love BlueLight and it's community. Stay Awesome Bluelighters

Thank you Speed King even though it might be difficult I'll try to consider the possibility and what I should do.

Last edited:
Jerico. Keep being the cool friend that you are. All the advice these Bluelighters have given you is all correct. Thank you for posting your situation. There are solid people on here helping you out. Going over and jamming out with him will definitely help. Giving him water and food is great. The things you do for him, might change the situation. You wont really be able to get through to him until he is done with the binge. Now, the fact that you are around, being a positive influence, helps a lot. It definitely has some effect. Now, remember, if guy gets spun out bad and things get dangerous, you have to get away and decide how to proceed. What do you do then? If dude is coming down, great, but remember that other possibility. Your role might change. Consider that.