Mental Health Need a couple keep calm tips.

9th Euclidean Sphere

Bluelighter
So, I am good rn, pretty okay coherent. But, I’ve been up pushing it too long, best way to keep calm and steady and goooo.

Hmmmmm, deep breaths are the most important thing to me.

If you want serious answers on this, this is probably more suited to Mental Health. I'm gonna send it over there.
Nah, I mean, I’m fine with you doing that. You’re the boss man, I just wanted some chill out ideas that people use to keep themselves at yanno, 50 instead of 100. 🥴🥲

Yeah, I don't know if I can help you there lol. Usually if I get too amped up I try and talk to someone else to help get my mind off things, or read, play a video game, idk do something else to take up your attention.

Are you needing to perform like at a job or family or in public? Or are you just at home and feeling edgy?

Yeah, I don't know if I can help you there lol. Usually if I get too amped up I try and talk to someone else to help get my mind off things, or read, play a video game, idk do something else to take up your attention.
Yee, I usually just kinda wing it with laying in bed for hours aye, just figured I’d take a shot see what kind answers I get on here. 😅

Are you needing to perform like at a job or family or in public? Or are you just at home and feeling edgy?
At home feeling edgy, nothing dangerous, or inherently trouble causing. Just been up probably goin on 10 hours longer than my usual spurts. & Reality starting to wave back at me. 🥴

If you want help trying to sleep, drink lots of chamomile tea, meditate, listen to calming music, avoid any screens as this keeps your brain activated,. If your brain is tired it will eventually fall asleep.

I
If you want help trying to sleep, drink lots of chamomile tea, meditate, listen to calming music, avoid any screens as this keeps your brain activated,. If your brain is tired it will eventually fall asleep.
Really need to start meditating anyways, I’ve been meaning to more often now due to the Philosophies I’m studying.

I

Really need to start meditating anyways, I’ve been meaning to more often now due to the Philosophies I’m studying.
There is so much positive stuff to say about meditating, at any time of the day <3 It has so many benefits <3
I've suffered with insomnia pretty much my whole life due to Complex PTSD and nightmares. These days I drink a LOT of chamomile tea (you can't drink too much), and I use essential oils to help me relax and fall asleep, e.g. lavender, chamomile, lemon balm, peppermint, jojoba and ylang ylang.

There is so much positive stuff to say about meditating, at any time of the day <3 It has so many benefits <3
I've suffered with insomnia pretty much my whole life due to Complex PTSD and nightmares. These days I drink a LOT of chamomile tea (you can't drink too much), and I use essential oils to help me relax and fall asleep, e.g. lavender, chamomile, lemon balm, peppermint, jojoba and ylang ylang.
I’ve never even tried meditating seriously before, so when I do my first time Ima be lost as shit on how to go about it.

I’ve never even tried meditating seriously before, so when I do my first time Ima be lost as shit on how to go about it.
There are plenty of guided meditations apps you can download on to your phone and listen with earphones. They will guide you through it, so you really just have to lie there and focus on what they say. Find an app that uses a voice that you like (they're all different). The one I personally like the best is called Mindful Attitude and the icon is a pic of a gree bonsai tree with a white background.

There are plenty of guided meditations apps you can download on to your phone and listen with earphones. They will guide you through it, so you really just have to lie there and focus on what they say. Find an app that uses a voice that you like (they're all different). The one I personally like the best is called Mindful Attitude and the icon is a pic of a gree bonsai tree with a white background.
Yea, I’m still awake, but I hope to be out be asleep by 6, or earlier.

Still up, but I’m ready for sleep now. Thank you all for the tips, and help!! Excuse if I made a fuck yo in grammar. Screens warped in my perception 🖤

Godspeed for a good solid rest tonight my friend, peace <3

Look at your experience as something you can experience without being dragged along with it. Be the watcher and when things seem to get uncomfortable, thoughts come racing in etc, understand you are not the experience itself but the watcher experiencing them. A healthy detachment sometimes to the content of our minds is beneficial.

That doesnt imply disregarding the core issues underneath. We can be wise, self loving and caring and at the same time not be dragged along with the content. Our experiences can tell us a lot about what is going on for us and we should take action when it is crucial for our health and wellbeing.

Most importantly, how we CHOOSE to live our lives can determine the quality of the states we find ourselves in. We all tend to slack off from time to time, some more than others and some longer than others. Acknowledging that our behaviour can turn into patterns which then can become habits which then become unconscious keeps us responsible for how we choose to live our lives. Perhaps that toxic friend isnt the best person to text today. Maybe your crazy ex isnt going to change conveniently before she/he turns up at your place for a late night booty call. That job that is slowly draining you hasnt just become like this, it likely has always been draining only you chose to ignore it and so maybe ignoring how you feel and what your inner voice is saying isnt helping. Is one more hit of the pipe really going to help? Will a loveless dysfunctional relationship with somebody really give you what you want deep down? Will running away from childhood trauma really resolve it? Maybe that gym routine you downloaded and aimed to start but procastinated over could be started tomorrow? Whats your living conditions like? Whats your financial situation like? Whats your mental, emotional and psychological health like? Whats the story behind why they are bad or good? Can that story become a journey into transforming into something that remains a good thing for longer and is more sustainable and conducive? Are you going to therapy for mental health issues? Are you ACTUALLY sticking to therapy? What are your hobbies like? What are your goals? What does life mean to you? Are you seeking to answer these on a daily basis to bring you closer to the person you want to be? Did you know you can start today and change your life? Much of these involve decisions which then become ingrained habits. Are we conscious of those decisions we have made? Are we happy with them being habits?

When I need calming its usually because of reassurance. Reassurance that I need because of some unfulfilled need. After a while I try to repress it but that doesnt work. When I can be calm and really be at peace its because I am self assured that I am doing everything I can do to be at peace and therefore calm. Thoughts racing can often have underlying causes but other times just be bullsh*t to be honest. Deciphering those thoughts with a calm open minded non-judgmental presence can help me decide whether something needs to be done and work is needed, or whether its monkey noise like "Wahey! Theres a bridge! What it would it be like to jump off it?" Or "djdiehdbdjdmdidiebdbcjdowieu3ndndndjdksnxnlowuehe sjdjepkqywvdnf kpeoebdnd bla" or something similar. The last two examples of mental content I muse in having witnessed before proceeding to basejump off the bridge. Just kidding.

Self mastery is key. Being your own best friend helps but that takes a lot of effort and lots of changes to how you may live your life now, some that might be difficult to make but deep down are necessary to be closer to the best possible version of yourself.

We are like gardens. We can either choose to tend to the garden and keep it healthy and full of flowers, fruit, vegetables, plants etc or we can let the garden die and be taken over by weeds.

In even shorter explanation than this, tips and tricks y’all got to maintain level headed.
Sometimes you just have to sit there and accept the horrible anxiety and muscles tensing. Sometimes it's because of a reason like you smoked some weed, or you're unhealthy but it can also be a normal part of life. Of course I could be wrong I just have not found that helps real anxiety. Except xanex or ativan. I take a ativan. If it's bad.

Sometimes you just have to sit there and accept the horrible anxiety and muscles tensing. Sometimes it's because of a reason like you smoked some weed, or you're unhealthy but it can also be a normal part of life. Of course I could be wrong I just have not found that helps real anxiety. Except xanex or ativan. I take a ativan. If it's bad.
I couldnt bring myself to take something for anxiety that isnt wholly natural and therapeutic. I look at all the issues around anxiety drugs and it makes me more anxious than the anxiety I originally had. If you can control the usage and they really work longterm to deal with the anxiety then great, but for lots of people it opens a whole new can of worms and that for me draws a line. Weed at a push used to be my goto. Now its the bigger picture with lifestyle changes, psychedelic therapy, challenging what needs to be challenged, overcoming fears and exposing myself to whatever makes me anxious etc.

I find anxiety is connected to all areas of life. Its like the punishment sometimes for not heeding your own inner voice, especially when its not anxiety conducive to a real future threat of some kind. If I dont do something I should be doing I tend to get anxious. If I procastinate, avoid stuff, escape, whatever it tends to have a rebound effect. A lot of people think anxiety isnt treatable but it is and not just on a pharmacological level.

You have to go to that place where it is sometimes and take action, plant seeds for the future, make a longterm investment in yourself. Sometimes its just mindless chatter and best dealt with with compassion and humour and maybe even getting tough on yourself sometimes, depending on the situation.