View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Neck Pain after acid?

bluemanthief

Bluelighter
Is there any possible way that LSD can cause neck pain?

hypothetically, i have a friend who complains about neck pain after frying, is it directly caused by the acid or is there another factor? he/she has complained about it a few times, but one of the times was candy flipping.

From experience, my neck has been sore after rooling but that was only cause (i assume) i was gettin some pretty sough neck massages butt didnt realize it at the time :\

Yes, the acid drips down from your brain and crystallises on your spine. That's why when you crack your back even decades later you find yourself at the peak of an LSD trip. (joke)

No, theres no reason why it causes neck pain other than you've been sat awake for many hours not thinking about how you're sitting. The other thing is once you get the thought in your mind that "When i take LSD I get neck pain" it becomes self-perpetuating.

I suppose you could have a neck problem that you only feel when you've been sat awake for 16 hours.

Yeah and sometimes tripping on anything can create some muscle tension from being so hyped up or alert.

yep. acid is famous for it. i've heard the theory that it's from an impurity that i can't spell, but sounds like 'strick-nine'. some batches are better than others.

that's what i was thinking but i didnt know how to put it in words

Are those the only possibilities or just the most llikely ones?

THANKS

yep. acid is famous for it. i've heard the theory that it's from an impurity that i can't spell, but sounds like 'strick-nine'. some batches are better than others.

Myth. Just sayin' haha. strychnine i think its spelled.

It's almost definitely not due to impurities. The presence of strychnine in LSD is an urban legend. I would wager that it's either the way you prostrated yourself during the trip and/or the muscle tension that LSD is known to elicit. You'll be fine.

ha it really is a friend who's neck hurts, ive never done acid, just curious

but yeah i think he is just dumb and was like grabbing/rubbing it all night or some shit....

BASICALLY it WAS NOT caused directly from the acid, rather than something he was doing during his trips? correct?

LSD, like almost all similar lysergic acid derivates, is a potent vasoconstrictor. Vasoconstriction cuts off oxygen and nutrient supply to muscles, leading to tension, cramps, spasms, etc.

LSD's such a potent 5-HT2a agonist psychedelic that its vasoconstrictive properties usually go unnoticed in a healthy body. However, you can have all the vasoconstriction induced body load of morning glory seeds or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, or even bromo-dragonfly, from a high enough dose of LSD.

There's never strychnine in the acid, man. That's an urban legend. There's no formaldehyde in your PCP, either.

LSD always causes some muscle aches the next day, for me at least. Cost of tripping, and a damned small one :p

I get neck pain from acid too. I think, at least for me, that the pain is caused by tension multiplied by the effects of the drug. When I consciously relax my neck, focus on my posture and stretch out the pain usually subsides.

I tripped a few days ago and I was fairly sore on the comedown. It felt similar to "growing pains" kids get in there legs while sleeping sometimes. I attributed it to sitting weird and being on edge (tripped for my friends, not for me :\ ), but as soon as i fully came down it went away.

LSD causes down-regulation of some serotonin receptors which play a role in "pain gates". So things that normally you wouldn't feel hurt when you don't have much serotonin. It's why it's harder to feel pain when you're high.

Also, it's why depressed people tend to get a lot of back and neck pain because they have low serotonin levels.

Definitely the tension, by way Coolio described and by the nervous activity in your body experienced as the bodyload during the trip.
While LSD itself can cause tension it's not unlikely that compounds like iso-LSD cause more
of it while having little to no psychedelic effect. It is a breakdown / isomerization (?) product of LSD and a possible synthesis byproduct.

All this accounts well for the differences in quality for both fresh batches of acid and more or less degraded acid.

IIRC it bothered me more when I did LSD very often. Can't explain that clearly right now.

I did lsd for the first time and tword the end of the trip one side of my neck got red and ever since then the mucles in my neck really hurt how long can this last

It happens to me almost all the time and when it does, I can guarantee you it's because I was sitting hunched over tripping my ass off lol. Same thing happens when I fall asleep on pain meds or muscle relaxants in what feels like a comfortable position, then I wake up feeling like my neck is about to crack, literally. The vasoconstriction, though I find it to be fairly mild with LSD, definitely does not help.