• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nausea on E -- general questions

psychoblast

Bluelighter
My g/f rolled (on white octagons) for the fifth time last Saturday. She took one pill, then about two hours later took a second, then about fifteen minutes later she threw up (then continued to roll fine). She said she had no warning she was going to throw up, just one second she was fine and then she suddenly yakked.
She's never thrown up while rolling before. A prior b/f of hers had used E a lot before they were dating and he told her he stopped because his nausea got progressively worse every time he rolled until just the thought of E made him sick.
Now she's worred she will get sick every time she rolls and it will get worse each time. I know I could find lots of nausea info if the search function was working, but it's not. I went back through posts for the last month or so and found one post on nausea which said that tums, rollaids and ginger pills could reduce nausea.
Anyway, I'm not just looking for ways to reduce nausea. I really want to know more about it:
1. Does it usually get progressively worse in people? Now that she's thrown up once, does that mean she will probably throw up in the future when she rolls and each time throw up harder?
2. Could it be from the type of pills? These were more lovey than any we've had before but they also turned a little oranging brown on EZ testing before going to blackish purple.
3. She was about 1 week before her period--could that timing have an effect?
4. Would her chances of throwing up change if she parachuted the pill or just ground it up in a powder and swallowed it in a capsule? (She doesn't want to plug or rail.)
5. Do antacids and ginger pills really help this condition? Is there anything else or anything better she can do?
All responses appreciated. And for useful responses, I'll buy you a drink next time you're in Vegas.
~psychoblast~
p.s. I guess since it's a related topic, I might as well mention I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and have a prescription for prilosec/prevacid (though I don't take it). Is there any unique danger from taking e while having this condition? Would the prevacid be better than rollaids for my g/f?

I never threw up when i did e but I know some people who do and most of them said taking a tums 1/2 hour before you drop the pill, and then another 1/2 hour after works. Also tell your g/f not to eat before she takes it for a few hours, or if she does to eat something light. Hope this helps
smile.gif

i didn't throw up the first couple of times i did e... but then one time, it made me throw up... just came out of the blue, i didn't really feel sick before hand... now it seems to happen to me everytime, usually just before i'm about to come up, or on the come down (especially if i'm doing something like reading flyers on the car ride home.. i always get car sick)

The exact same thing happened to me the last time I rolled. I took one of the small red "R"s and then about an hour or so into it just suddenly became sick to my stomach and ran to throw up. I hadn't eaten anything, so there was nothing there. As soon as I'd had my ill moment though,the feeling went away and I was fine. Funny, at the exact same time I got sick, my husband did too. I don't know why it happens, but I usually feel sick to my stomach during the first part of the roll.I don't think it will get progresively worse for her.I'd just tell her to be prepared to be slightly sick for a minute so it won't surprise her again. If I had to make a guess I'd say it's just your stomach reacting to a chemical. Heck, I get sick off of most legal drugs, the fact that E is slightly naseating seems natural to me. Goodluck!
Cristalena

I've only rolled three times, and I've puked on each one of them.
The first time, I vomited about 2 hours after I took the pill. I had no warning at all, and ended up throwing up a little on the dance floor of the club I was at (The Beach in Vegas) before making it into the bathroom to finish my chore. I drank a TON of water that night, and that's what I threw up: pretty much pure water. A ton of it. As soon as I was done, I felt fine, and resumed partying.
The second time I rolled, I vomited about 30 minutes after my roll came on (so about 80 minutes after I dropped). Again, it was without warning. I was sitting at a table, and I didn't want to throw up on it, so I just swallowed. Fortunately, not nearly as much came up as the last time -- just a mouthfull. Again, I had chugged my water before hand.
The third time I rolled, I was determined not to vomit. I took 4 Rolaids before dropping, and I was careful to just sip my water instead of chugging it. It backfired. I vomited as I was coming down from my roll -- and since I didn't have a lot of water in me to throw up, I just threw up a bit of pure stomach acid. It tasted gross, unlike the previous vomits (which just tasted like water), and it hurt a bit.
So I don't know what to do about throwing up. So far, I haven't found a way to prevent it. I guess I won't fight it -- I'll just roll with it.
(To the original poster: I'll be in Vegas tomorrow. Do I get a free drink?)

Strange you should mention this.
I've been taking pills for well over a year
(on an empty stomach when I can) and the last
two times I went out I felt sick ... but I
actually got sick for the first time lastweekend. It came with little or no warning
too.
Taking an over the counter antiacid sounds like the best solution.

1. Does it usually get progressively worse in people?
Nope.
2. Could it be from the type of pills?
Nausea is related to the 5-HT3 receptor sites in the stomach; too much MDMA at once triggers vomiting in the CNS. If "type of pills" means different amounts of MDMA and different absorption rate, then yes.
3. She was about 1 week before her period--could that timing have an effect?
Doubtful.
4. Would her chances of throwing up change if she parachuted the pill or just ground it up in a powder and swallowed it in a capsule? (She doesn't want to plug or rail.)
Yes, it would increase the probability of nausea.
5. Do antacids and ginger pills really help this condition?
Not really.
Is there anything else or anything better she can do?
Either plug and avoid the stomach altogether or eat a little food or some pepto-bismol concomitant with the MDMA.
[This message has been edited by NYTFLY (edited 16 December 2000).]

She should pop a couple of Tums, either when she drops of when she starts feeling nauseous . . . it works and it doesn't interfere with the E

i throw up every time i roll (except the first time, strange huh?) anyways, the feeling of needing to vomit comes on instantly and it's not an uncomfortable feeling for me. i just know i'm gonna throw up and then i do. i know it sounds weird but i actually like it, it kicks my roll in. i have never vomited on the comedown though. i found that the vomiting is less uncomfortable is i don't eat. eating just means there is more to throw up. all my friends think i'm weird cuz i don't wanna take anything to stop me from vomiting. oh well, many have suggested tums or ROLaids.
guess i'm the weird one
smile.gif

plurr,
sarah
------------------
*P*L*U*R*R*
[email protected]
AIM: sadie10278

i've found that if i wait at least 4 hours after i've eaten a light meal to take E, i don't throw up. when i do this, i make myself eat near the end of the roll (or at least drink a few slim fasts) to keep myself healthy.