View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Natural psychedelics (mescaline, shrooms, DMT) Vs RC's

murphythecat

Bluelighter
Personally, in my limited experience, I think I prefer DMT, mescaline, shrooms over 2ce, DPT and 4-aco-dmt and 4-aco-DET.
I'm not sure why, but they feel more complete, natural, more organic. Its hard to describe why and how exactly, but the natural compound feels different compared to RC's. Maybe its just a coincidence...

I Would love to hear people opinions and experience and comparison!

I'm not personally a fan of messing with RC psychs, the ones I've tried have not been very spiritually valuable and have often put more strain on my body than drugs like LSD, mushrooms or mescaline.

The only synthetic psychedelic I really love is LSD.

No rc can compare to the depth of dmt.
4acodmt doesnt have the 'fungi teacher" feel to it like shrooms.
2ce was not fun for me
5meomipt was weird and boring.
25cnbome feels like poison.
Lsd is amazing in all aspects. al-lad was fun but not as deep.

Last edited:
I've found something deep and spiritual in all the psychedelics I've tried, even the likes of 2c-b (especially with ketamine thrown in the mix).

I really don't understand the idea that organic > synthetic anyway. I love the highly digital, futuristic vibe of something like LSD.

After all, we are a technologically advanced species, moving further into a highly technologically advanced, digital future.

Anyway, what happens if RC's are eventually found in plants, which aren't currently? I would be happy to bet a decent sum of money that in 30 years time people would be proclaiming how "organic" that particular RC felt.

Confirmation bias, I reckon (to a certain degree, at least).

Last edited:
Psilocybin , lsa and dmt are the only naturals I have tried - they definitely each had qualities that did not seem to arise from chemical structure alone.

Psilocybin the 'fungi teacher' was definitely present for me.

lsa put me on an emotional and nostalgic level I don't think I have reached with any other drug.

dmt - definitely makes you feel the spirit world.

2cb, al-lad, lsd, 4acodmt, 4acomet and 5meomipt some have been great fun for me, but the experiences didn't seem as riveting or spiritual.

People may say that the differences in experiences arise because of your expectations but I do not believe that to be the case. I believe there is more than meets the eye and science will never explain why people generally have more spiritual experiences on the naturals. Hopefully soon I can try Aya and mescaline to see if they continue the trend of naturals being more spiritual.

Those with experience of both synthetic mescaline and cacti, did the synthetic contain as deep and spiritual experience as the cacti?

Last edited:
LSA is something I forgot as I did it many years ago, but again, with LSA, I find the effect more complete and spiritual then RC's.
While I do found 2ce very spiritual, it doesnt come close to the mescaline spirituality.

I am definitely not a person who assumes natural is better with drugs or anything else. But in my experience mescaline, DMT, psilocybin/psilocin, HBWR seeds do have some kind of natural earthy feel to them and usually more calm (less of a dirty chemical feeling). I don't know why this is but I don't think its from a bias like some new age hippies have (thinking everything natural must be better). Maybe there is some unknown co-evolution that went on in our genetic history or something else we don't understand.

Also maybe there are a lot of potential research chemicals that would feel just as earthy or even better but it might be only 1 out of 500 chemicals and we just haven't made enough new ones to find the good shit.

There are some synthetic chems that feel "earthy" to me like dextroamphetamine, but they aren't psychedelics. 4-AcO-DMT feels natural/earthy, but something about it seems not quite as good as psilocin. I wish they would start selling other esters of psilocin.. there might be other things you can stick on besides the acetoxy group that would be more likely to be identical or closer to real psilocin.

I should mention that I find methallylescaline retains the natural feeling of mescaline.... its a little different, but much more of a natural feel than most of the other synthetics especially 2c's. Understandable though since the 2,4,5 pattern of 2C-X is more different. 3,4,5 is where its at!

I think for tryptamines it comes down to the -DMT part being left alone, and with phenethylamines you have to keep the pattern to a 3,4,5. When you stray too far away you get more of a dirty synthetic feeling. I wish there were a lot more 3,4,5 psychedelics available.

I would agree for the most part - san pedro, mushrooms, ayahuasca, dmt make me feel like there is something a bit lacking from most RC psychedelics. Personally I would put LSD, MDMA and 2c-B right up there with them too though. Every once in a while humans get it right I guess?

If I want spirituality, I use mushies or LSD; if I just wana trip and have a laugh, I grab a 2C. That being said, I've found therapeutic potential in almost every psychedelic I have tried.

Whether "natural or synthetic" was never something I considered... and I still dont.

Whether "natural or synthetic" was never something I considered... and I still dont.

Innit. Wicked drugs are wicked drugs. %)

I just get a bit concerned about any kind of rigid doctrine being applied to psychedelics.

If it works for you, then take it. There is no need to chastise other psychedelics or begin to emanate any kid of pretentious attitude.

(I'm not referring to anyone in this thread - just a general meme I've picked up on recently).

I dont know, I have never seen that around here about the pretentious attitude. quite the contrary, what ive seen is some people claiming how little to no difference between natural psy and RC, and I disagree to this.
I tend to find RC psychedelic definitely different then the natural ones. its not because I want to or believe that natural drugs are better out of value ideaology, but somehow, my experience with mescaline, shrooms, lsa, dmt, has been much better overall compared to RC's.

its not even that I see more therapeutic or more spiritual value with the natural psy, its really that overall, they feel cleaner on the body and mind and seem to have more of a good feeling. hard to describe though.

Innit. Wicked drugs are wicked drugs. %)

I just get a bit concerned about any kind of rigid doctrine being applied to psychedelics.

If it works for you, then take it. There is no need to chastise other psychedelics or begin to emanate any kid of pretentious attitude.

(I'm not referring to anyone in this thread - just a general meme I've picked up on recently).

Doesn't the enormous effect of set play any relevance here? I mean, thinking you're consuming a 'natural' drug and all its connotations will definitely influence your trip, and thus, how 'natural' or 'chemical' your trip feels. Same goes for setting: if I consume a RC out in nature it feels more natural than consuming mushrooms in a sterile indoor-environment.

I dont know, I have never seen that around here about the pretentious attitude.

I'm not referring to bluelight at all, which is why I clarified as such at the bottom of my post. It's something that I've picked up elsewhere - in particular amongst people I know. Bluelight has such a general scientific consensus and a historical culture of RC consumption that I wouldn't expect to see it here. :)

quite the contrary, what ive seen is some people claiming how little to no difference between natural psy and RC, and I disagree to this.

Just to clarify, on the off chance that you're referring to me. I've got no problem with people seeing a difference between natural psychedelics and RC's. :)

The pretentious attitude I've noticed exists within people who claims two things; the first being that synthetic psychedelics are not spiritual and the second being that organic psychedelics are better. Clearly these are absolute statements and leave no leeway for the subjectivity of the psychedelic experience.

Like I say, this is something I've noticed recently amongst friends, and not bluelight.

Doesn't the enormous effect of set play any relevance here? I mean, thinking you're consuming a 'natural' drug and all its connotations will definitely influence your trip, and thus, how 'natural' or 'chemical' your trip feels. Same goes for setting: if I consume a RC out in nature it feels more natural than consuming mushrooms in a sterile indoor-environment.

I think you're absolutely right.

I realize a lot of ppl think DMT is the ultimate, but I just found it incredibly weird. It's the most alien experience ever and I didn't derive much spiritual value from it. LSD on the other hand lets me go inward or onward and touch on the divine in ways that are more tangible. IMO LSD is the best psychedelic, when accounting for spiritual value, body load, come down, entertainment value, etc...

I suppose that RCs have a chance to be specifically developed to antagonize or agonize a specific receptor site and thus have maybe a "direct feel" to them if you will. In contrast to something like mushrooms, containing 4-PO-dmt for example, was not developed to highlight activity and thus have a very broad range of activity and thus feel more global (complete, full something like that).

Just an idea to try to help explain this. I think these terms have way more relents today then 10 years ago when the argument was primarily acid vs mushrooms. Now we can discuss cannabis VS cannabiniods for example which is a good parallel for my argument.

Cocaine is natural an its so safe and amazing Lol. So is Belladonna (scopolamine). A very safe chemical. Just kidding. and several other natural alkaloids are toxic as fuck. That synthetic VS natural shit is not really worth even debating. IMO. I mean synthetics can take you many places just like naturals.

I agree, hence me wanting to hear people talk about their personal experience and how do people find that the natural psy compares to RC's.
What I know is that I find natural psy more fun and complete with a more spiritual side. hard to put in words honestly. im not all along the trips trying to compare, its just that after 6 months of playing with RC's, I have to be honest with me and realize that my mescaline and shrooms trips are/were overall preferred.

Cocaine is natural an its so safe and amazing Lol. So is Belladonna (scopolamine). A very safe chemical. Just kidding. and several other natural alkaloids are toxic as fuck. That synthetic VS natural shit is not really worth even debating. IMO. I mean synthetics can take you many places just like naturals.

cocaine is not a psychedelic. nobody debates anything, im asking for peoples opinion only :) but maybe the VS in the totle may make it look like a debate. I have a lot of fun with RC's and will continue using them even if I tend to prefer the natural psy.

Last edited:
I've done a good amount of natural psychedelics (dmt and mushrooms) but the most mystical experiences I've had have been with 2C-E. I think that the feeling of a drug being more "organic" and "natural" are largely in one's head. It's in my head too. I do feel like a mushroom trip is more grounded with the Earth than 4-AcODMT (I know they are two different drugs/set of active drugs)...but I feel more at one with nature with 2C-E than with mushrooms.