• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

NASCAR murderer released because victim was "impaired on Marijuana"

WTF.. Open season on pot smokers.

deer%20hunters%201.jpg

Can they tell if the person just did some vs the guy who smokes daily and has it built up?

"At a news conference to announce that a grand jury had declined to indict Stewart in Ward's death, Tantillo said the level of marijuana in Ward's system was high enough to impair judgment."

Just wondered...with weed staying in your system for as long as it does can the police, doctor or whoever tell if he was high at the time the incident happed compared to someone who was sober that day but is a daily smoker and simply has the weed built up in his system?

I wonder what the jury was on to impair their judgment to this level? This really is fucking insane. Im not sure the guy was guilty, but for fucks sake he should have faced trial and useing a persons MJ use as an excuse not to is medieval idiocy at its finest.

This grand jury has received the coveted ass clown award. Enjoy it you morons have more than earned it. I hope that when your not able to sleep and find yourself diving into glass after glass of boxed wine or southern comfort you find no comfort.

41mP%2B0V1mlL.jpg

Last edited:
So, if having smoked some weed means I am not responsible for my actions, can I do whatever I want to when I am high?
Of course not - having the devil's weed in your system is a key that means other people may hurt you, and you will be held responsible, but if you hurt others, you will also be held responsible.
This is because cannabis is EVIL. Unlike other drugs, such as caffeine, which are OK because government and culture say so.
Even alcohol would be a much better choice. Don't lose your shot at getting school loans with alcohol. Don't get kicked off of welfare.
So, even though alcohol is a potent neurotoxin, and cannabis seems to have strong anti-cancer properties, just do what you are told, kids.

I watched the video. The guy walked all the way to the bottom of a live race track at night in a black fire suit. The race car in front of Tony barely missed the guy leaving him with little time to react. You don't expect someone to run into the middle of the race track. Also we are not talking about a NASCAR style race, these are 410 sprint cars on a dirt track. These cars have comparable weight to power ratio with a formula 1 car. They are very difficult to control. At the end of the day the grand jury watched enhanced videos of the accident and came to the decision that there was no crime. I think it was the right decision. I'm sure there will be a civil suit. If tony Stewart where not a famous race car driver this wouldnt have made the national news bet on that.

I watched the video. The guy walked all the way to the bottom of a live race track at night in a black fire suit. The race car in front of Tony barely missed the guy leaving him with little time to react. You don't expect someone to run into the middle of the race track. Also we are not talking about a NASCAR style race, these are 410 sprint cars on a dirt track. These cars have comparable weight to power ratio with a formula 1 car. They are very difficult to control. At the end of the day the grand jury watched enhanced videos of the accident and came to the decision that there was no crime. I think it was the right decision. I'm sure there will be a civil suit. If tony Stewart where not a famous race car driver this wouldnt have made the national news bet on that.

Yeah this is suicide not murder. But it might have still made the news because of this impaired by marijuana thing especially with legalization going on and powerful interest groups being against it.

Also what a fucking biased title. I thought as an oppressed minority group we would be a little more sensative to bullshit sensationalist headlines.

I'm inclined to agree with CrimsonJunk here. I find the Marijuana thing laughable and wonder if that was simply the most politically savvy way to let Stewart go. Basically, they could have ran on any number of reasons, but that was the most palatable.

I find these sports heroes to be a bunch of jokes. I recently heard in my town that an asshole pro football player drove off the road into some trees killing himself. Many felt sorry for him until it came out that he was involved in several road rage incidents that evening leading up to his accidental suicide in which he threatened to kill multiple people. Live like a jackass, die like a jackass.

We need to quit putting these people on pedestals because in my mind, the elevated status seems to contribute to the occurrence of these extreme scenarios. Or maybe we all make these mistakes but we only hear about the famous people that do.

The dude stood in oncoming traffic during a fucking race, the video is kind of iffy but I really don't think Tony Stewart in any way intended to kill him
And yes marijuana CAN impair judgement.
I'd think as a forum full of harm reduction advocates we could agree on that, when I am stoned I am often less aware of my surroundings and CAN make calls which I think later to have been in poor judgement.
Whether making us more open or more reserved, this mindset still differs from our sober mindset and therefore affects our judgement.
To say it impairs judgement may not be the best term as that always implies that it negatively effects our judgement, I much prefer the term alters.