Naltrexone Therapy for opiate addiction.

In theory the low dose naltrexone does not block the opiate receptors significantly as the higher standard dose of 50 mg. Interesting ldn is even being used for constipation related to opioid use.
There are not only opioid receptors in the brain. A lot of them can also be found in the intestines. When naltrexone is given for constipation, then it maybe works on the opioid receptors in the intestines.
This is the way loperamide (Immodium) works. It agonizes the opioid receptors in the intestines but because it is not able to cross the blood-brain-barrier, it does not make you high. But although loperamide is not able to cross the BBB is does not only help with diarrhea during withdrawal. Bigger doses of loperamide will alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
It seemes that there is an effect I don't really understand. Alleviating withdrawal without crossing the BBB. How does this work?
When I look at this naltrexone quote, it seems that a little part of the taken naltrexone could antagonize the opioid receptors in the intestines but that is not enough that it could cross the BBB or just not enough to have an effect on opioid receptors in the brain.
Unfortunately I was not able to find information which doses are needed for the opioid antagonizing effect.
It frightens me when I think of playing with naltrexone. Just a little bit too much and you are in really bad withdrawal. And probably there is nothing that you can do then. As I injected naloxone accidently, I was so happy as the effect waned after half an hour. But naltrexone will work for a fuckin' long time...

I asked me what is responsible for the effect that naltrexone can reduce cravings. I wonder if naloxone could do the same in ultra low dose...
I read that naltrexone can increase endogenous endorphin levels. But I haven't found clinical studies. I often read this but I'm not sure if it's true. Has anybody more information on that? Does does it work?
I thought that naltrexone would only act as opioid antagonist and blocks opioid receptors. Does it do anything else? What?
When it helps to reduce alcohol or nicotine cravings then it has probably some other properties as blocking opioid receptors. Or does alcohol and nicotine addiction influence the opioid receptors in any form?
Wikipedia tells me only about opioid antagonistic properties. But it seems as naltrexone could also do something else.
Any information about this?

Nalrexone is a presciption-only medicament in Germany. Otherwise I would test it in low dosage.

My counselor wants me to detox off of suboxone and go on vivtrol for a year. The idea horrifies me. I can understand how it could be beneficial, as you would not be able to get high even if you wanted to, but at the same time, if you want to get high, you can just terminate your treatment anyway, I also like knowing that if I really just absolutely had to use, that it would be an option. That may be some twisted logic, but the thought sometimes comforts me.

Anyways, I'm a poly-substance abuser as it is, and in the past, when I've been on blocking dosages of bupe or methadone, I would turn to IV coke and benzo's, which are in a way worse IMO.. I don't know, perhaps I'm just rationalizing all this because I still am on the fence about whether I even want to be clean.

And as far as the implants go, I have met people that tore them out-however, these people were all pressured by treatment centers and family's to get them in the first place, so it doesn't prove that naltrexone is inherently evil, just that people should be able to choose for themselves how they want to stay clean.

I talked to my sub doctor the other day, and she told me that vivitrol/naltrexone are also more effective in treating alcoholism than opioid addiction. However, this woman has been wrong before, but she is pretty smart, and does take mu Oppinions much more seriously than other psychiatrists have in the past.